Jeremy Sorrell Artwork

jrs2345

Artist
Reaction score
It has been a while since I've posted here, but I've done a lot of artwork since then so I wanted to share. Below are a select few and a couple sequential pages. Thanks for viewing and I'll try to post fairly regularly.

God Bless,
Jeremy

ddandbatman.jpg

batcavebatman.jpg

batcavebatmancolor.jpg

phantasm.jpg

moonknight.jpg

page-1-redo.jpg

page-2-redo.jpg

Those are focking great, man. What did you use for the black/white ones? I liked the inked-looking feeling.

Do you have any coloured pieces as well?

I remember your stuff, I was starting to wonder what happened to your thread because it had some fantastic artwork in it. I love the Phantasm pic, and the sequentials are great.

Can't wait to see more!

yeah I recognised your name and when i saw your artwork I realised why - stunning ink work and killer pencils.

couldnt have said that any better Dan

great work Jeremy

Superb work, Jeremy. You have a wonderful knack for the noir style.

yeah - i'd love to see you draw a bladerunner strip jeremy

Thanks for all the generous comments everyone...I really appreciate them all. I normally don't draw female characters too often, so last night I felt led to start this piece. I fashioned this Catwoman after the Jim Lee designed Catwoman in Hush...at least her costume anyways. I finished the piece today by completing the face and adding in the highlights with white ink and a crowquill pen. Hope you like.

God Bless,
Jeremy

catwoman.jpg

jrs2345 said:
Thanks for all the generous comments everyone...I really appreciate them all. I normally don't draw female characters too often, so last night I felt led to start this piece. I fashioned this Catwoman after the Jim Lee designed Catwoman in Hush...at least her costume anyways. I finished the piece today by completing the face and adding in the highlights with white ink and a crowquill pen. Hope you like.

God Bless,
Jeremy

catwoman.jpg

My only complaint is that Selena's looking a little "thick" and stalky. I love the technique and "mood", but her body looks a little stumpy to me.

Great work, Jeremy. I have only one suggestion. Maybe you might want to trim up the waist a little bit. It would probably give her a great John Buscema-style look. But overall, fantastic!

Great stuff my favorites are the MoonKnight! and the Phantasm. And as always any sequentials are nice.

That's some stunning work. The sequential is pretty fantastic...and I love the DD/Bats piece. Have you submitted any of this to DC? I sure as hell would like to see you do a run on Batman!

I submitted 5 sequentials to DC at this year’s Wizard World Chicago, but I unfortunately didn't get a portfolio review from them. I did get a review from Aspen and Marvel. Both companies really liked my style and energy...I think they just wanted to see me work some more on my storytelling (mostly simplifying it and changing up camera angles more.) So, I'm going to concentrate on storytelling aspect more for the next submission samples.

Oh yeah, believe me...it would be a dream to work on a Batman book!

God Bless,

Jeremy

page-3-small.jpg

page-4-small.jpg

page-5-small.jpg

Here you go...I hope you like.

God Bless,
Jeremy

DC is run by morons, considering they didn't respond. Those are damn solid, the only page I have any problem with is page 4 of the Batman story. The first panel Batman's pose is really awkward, and I'm not entirely sure what he's supposed to be doing?

The Wolverine page looks great...woulda liked to see where it went.

You're really talented...love your stuff! It would be doing us a great injustice if you didn't post reguarly.

this stuff is really good man- theres a few perspective issues in the bar, but other than that I dig it :up:

MidKnight said:
DC is run by morons, considering they didn't respond. Those are damn solid, the only page I have any problem with is page 4 of the Batman story. The first panel Batman's pose is really awkward, and I'm not entirely sure what he's supposed to be doing?

The Wolverine page looks great...woulda liked to see where it went.

You're really talented...love your stuff! It would be doing us a great injustice if you didn't post reguarly.

Thanks! I agree that the Batman pose you are talking about is awkward. He’s supposed to be whipping around to brace himself for another Killer Croc attack and to see where he went.

The Wolverine page is part of the Batman story...it is a crossover. On page 4 where you see the Joker being dragged by his collar and he is speaking to Batman, well he is saying "stop me if you've heard this one before...a man walks into a bar..." So then the next page we see Wolvie walking into a Gotham city bar. I'll post more of the sequentials when I finish them.

I'm illustrating this whole Batman/Wolverine story and I already have 11 more pages I can draw right now, so I'm a little behind.

Thanks again for the kind words and the critique...I really do appreciate it.

God Bless,
Jeremy

holy fook! Youre sequentials are wicked. Thats one thing Ive always sucked at, telling a story through pictures.

Great stuff man we need more!

RAMORE said:
Great stuff man we need more!

Thanks...the pic below is for you! Looks like you're a Cap fan.

cap.jpg

God Bless,
Jeremy

jrs2345 said:
Thanks...the pic below is for you! Looks like you're a Cap fan.

cap.jpg

God Bless,
Jeremy

You see this man i like i didn't even have to ask him for anything he gave me cap :up: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"