Jeremy Sorrell Artwork

jrs2345 said:
Thanks! I agree that the Batman pose you are talking about is awkward. He’s supposed to be whipping around to brace himself for another Killer Croc attack and to see where he went.

The Wolverine page is part of the Batman story...it is a crossover. On page 4 where you see the Joker being dragged by his collar and he is speaking to Batman, well he is saying "stop me if you've heard this one before...a man walks into a bar..." So then the next page we see Wolvie walking into a Gotham city bar. I'll post more of the sequentials when I finish them.

I'm illustrating this whole Batman/Wolverine story and I already have 11 more pages I can draw right now, so I'm a little behind.

Thanks again for the kind words and the critique...I really do appreciate it.

God Bless,
Jeremy

Brilliant! I love that transition between the pages. My girlfriend finds it particuarly clever not just for the joker, but because God knows how many stories open with Logan walking into a bar!

Now I see where you were going with the pose on page four - I think it looks awkward mainly because of the camera angle. I think that's a pretty hard motion to capture from that view, let alone make it look smooth.

Regardless, great stuff. The Cap picture is excellent.:up: Is that the WTC in the background? And what medium is that in?

Wow your stuff is absolutly AMAZING. im really impressed with your pencils.

MidKnight said:
Brilliant! I love that transition between the pages. My girlfriend finds it particuarly clever not just for the joker, but because God knows how many stories open with Logan walking into a bar!

Now I see where you were going with the pose on page four - I think it looks awkward mainly because of the camera angle. I think that's a pretty hard motion to capture from that view, let alone make it look smooth.

Regardless, great stuff. The Cap picture is excellent.
icon14.gif
Is that the WTC in the background? And what medium is that in?
I'm probably going to re-work that panel, so hopefully it will (a) look better and (b) be easier to read storytelling wise.

I'm glad to hear that you like the transition from page 4 to 5. Eventually I'm going to have this whole story finished and inked...I'm just guessing that it will be a while until that happens.

Yes that is the WTC in the background. That Cap piece was the very first time I illustrated him, so I figured since he is so patriotic then I should create a tribute piece somehow. The medium is black watercolor on gray matboard. I also used a white color pencil for the highlights.

WildCard said:
Wow your stuff is absolutly AMAZING. im really impressed with your pencils.
Thanks. I'm glad you like the pencils because it is hard sometimes for me to create what I want in pencils.

I also just wanted to say thanks to everyone else who has commented on my work in this thread. I read everyone's comments (at least twice) and I really do appreciate them all.

Take care and God Bless,
Jeremy

Here is a digital piece I did fairly recently of Batman.

Batman-digital-paint.jpg

I very rarely do digital work, but I do like how it looks sometimes. I love concept artists like Ryan Church, Craig Mullins, and Feng Zhu...those guys are amazing! I'd like to get Corel Painter in the future because I think it would be a lot of fun, I just don't know how much I'd "really" use it.

Also, I forgot to mention that I sculpt occasionally too. It is a stress reliever for me and I really enjoy it. So the pic below is my newest Batman mini-bust in progress...

batman-bust-new.jpg

God Bless,
Jeremy

Man you convey so much with just your pictures, it's amazing. I don't remember the last time I have seen art so gritty and real like that. That sculpt is looking great also :). Send me a PM if you ever want to sell it!

it's very good,

and pardon me from saying this, but the possibility of working on batman is harsh, they get guys who have drawn so many freaken books so they prepare for a big book such as batman. there is great hope in you though, i see a great future, even if you get hired by marvel.

o, and if you make it anywhere, which i'll put my money on that you do, can i get some sort of signed copy of your work, it may be worth alot one day. :]

Also, I forgot to mention that I sculpt occasionally too. It is a stress reliever for me and I really enjoy it. So the pic below is my newest Batman mini-bust in progress...

batman-bust-new.jpg

God Bless,
Jeremy

Cool! :eek:

Here is a digital piece I did fairly recently of Batman.

Batman-digital-paint.jpg

I very rarely do digital work, but I do like how it looks sometimes. I love concept artists like Ryan Church, Craig Mullins, and Feng Zhu...those guys are amazing! I'd like to get Corel Painter in the future because I think it would be a lot of fun, I just don't know how much I'd "really" use it.

batman-bust-new.jpg

I'm a talented sculptor too jeremy (even tho I have half my sight these days) - and in my Professional opinion - you should hit up DC Direct to cast these in bulk and make yourself a wad mate

If DC pass you up on Batman - you can still make a killing as a Sculptor

I do - cos sadly my comicbook artist days are over

But scuplture is a different discipline and its my first love:) :up:

deadeyehead.jpg

God's blessed your talent,
may he also bless your career,

Cheers

Deadeye

Here is a Sentinel destroyed by Wolverine piece I did a while back. Enjoy...

Wolverinevssentinel.jpg

God Bless,
Jeremy

Yeah, I saw that on your deviantart account. Absolutely love it.:up: What medium?

Amazing work. I hope to one day be buying it on a monthly basis.

I started this piece while I was at Wizard World Chicago and for some reason I touched it up today to call it finished.

raph.jpg

Thanks for viewing and God Bless,
Jeremy

Ohhhh...you went and did my favorite TMNT Raphael.

I am officially a fan now.

I can't do it.

There is no way I can talk abou thow good you are without profanity.

Two attempts at constructive critisim to someone who's pencils I am not worthy to sharpen:

1) That Batman: Page four, panel one: Got the storytelling, see why people don't like the angle. WHat comes to mind for me is a olw angle closeup on Bats, hands holding Joker's shirt in the bottom right of the frame, (just the knuckles and some fabric, right below the Bat symbol, to establish that joker's in grasp,) but looking back, neck twisted looking for Croc,out of frame-left. Tips of the ears at top of frame.it--it dfoes change the action staging, but e panel 5 is slamming Joker into a wall, it should work. And I KNOW you can make that sweet. All those angle will fit your style.

2) If you go digital, make sure you get a tablet--even if it's just to play with. Get a used Wacom Intuos 2 off ebay. If you get used to a stylus, you may find you like the digital, but you'll never get rid of your ink.

Again, great work.

dude this work looks to proffesional
you have be a pro artist. if not you should be.

triem23 said:
I can't do it.

There is no way I can talk abou thow good you are without profanity.

Two attempts at constructive critisim to someone who's pencils I am not worthy to sharpen:

1) That Batman: Page four, panel one: Got the storytelling, see why people don't like the angle. WHat comes to mind for me is a olw angle closeup on Bats, hands holding Joker's shirt in the bottom right of the frame, (just the knuckles and some fabric, right below the Bat symbol, to establish that joker's in grasp,) but looking back, neck twisted looking for Croc,out of frame-left. Tips of the ears at top of frame.it--it dfoes change the action staging, but e panel 5 is slamming Joker into a wall, it should work. And I KNOW you can make that sweet. All those angle will fit your style.

2) If you go digital, make sure you get a tablet--even if it's just to play with. Get a used Wacom Intuos 2 off ebay. If you get used to a stylus, you may find you like the digital, but you'll never get rid of your ink.

Again, great work.

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I also appreciate the fact that you took time to critique my work. I'll defintiely take into consideration your thoughts on page 4. Also, I actually do have a Wacom tablet and they are sweet. It just has always been hard for me to sit at the computer drawing for longer periods of time. I don't know why it isn't as comfortable as traditionally drawing, but I know I'll be doing dome more digital stuff down the road.

Thanks again and God Bless,
Jeremy

Jack Rabbit said:
Yeah, I saw that on your deviantart account. Absolutely love it.:up: What medium?

That Sentinel defeated piece was done with various brushes, India ink, and white ink on bristol paper.

God Bless,
Jeremy

ghost113 said:
dude this work looks to proffesional
you have be a pro artist. if not you should be.

I do work for Toy Biz as a freelance conceptual designer/artist. I've worked on several toy lines from Spider-Man, FF Movie, Ghost Rider Movie, FF Animated, Iron Man, etc. So I do work professionally but just not in comics yet.

TheBatman1979 said:
Amazing work. I hope to one day be buying it on a monthly basis.

I hope that I can fulfill that someday. Heck, I'd like to buy my work on a monthly basis too :p

Thanks guys and God Bless,
Jeremy

jrs2345 said:
Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I also appreciate the fact that you took time to critique my work. I'll defintiely take into consideration your thoughts on page 4. Also, I actually do have a Wacom tablet and they are sweet. It just has always been hard for me to sit at the computer drawing for longer periods of time. I don't know why it isn't as comfortable as traditionally drawing, but I know I'll be doing dome more digital stuff down the road.

Thanks again and God Bless,
Jeremy

No wories. I think with digital there's an odd detachment from the mark on the screen not coming directly from the hand. And you can't turn the monitor like a sheet of paper or canvas. You CAN turn the tablet but it's disorientling. I tend to only go digital for coloring, prefering to still do black and white or pencil work the old fashioned way, then scanning. Now, if I could afford a Wacom Cintiq this might change (The Cintiq is basically a flatsceen, monitor that also respondes as a pressure sensitive tablet---how sweet is that?! I have dreams of aa day when Wacom is making brushes with fiber-optic filaments and tracking for multiple points of contact so that we can digitally paint with brushes that have bristles...we should have the technology to make that feasible in ten years or so...I suppose I should tell Wacom about this dream of mine, however.).

Anyway, when I go digital, I kick back in a recliner with my laptop on a lapboard, which for some reason is a quite comfortable way to work.

Anyway, I'm done rambling.

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff... but you should repost the comp colored batman you did for last month's contest in here next to the black and white version in this thread.

triem23 said:
And you can't turn the monitor like a sheet of paper or canvas.

But painter allows you to rotate and flip the canvas on the fly- so thats pretty handy.

As for the whole brush thing- i would suggest that you play around with the brush settings and customisable textures in photoshop and painter- you can get pretty close to real life....well at least awesome people can...

Well, I've been wanting to get into painter, but I refuse to pirate software (It's a matter of principle), and I play around a lot with brush settings in photoshop, but it's still not the same. Hands-on, y'know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"