Jessica Chastain Is Painkiller Jane

LoganGambit87

Sidekick
Reaction score
Jessica Chastain Set To Star In And Produce Graphic Novel Adaptation PAINKILLER JANE
NEidik4pvRd5kq_2_b.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Jessica Chastain is set to star in and produce Painkiller Jane, from the self-titled graphic novel series written by Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada.Chastain, no stranger to playing tough female roles, will play Jane Vasko, a New York City street cop who gets recruited by the FBI to infiltrate a major NYC drug and human trafficking ring. In a near death experience, Jane develops exceptional regenerative abilities that give her a unique indestructible advantage. With nothing to live for and no way to die, Painkiller Jane becomes an unstoppable force of nature seeking revenge to those who destroyed her life as she leaves a path of death and destruction in her wake.

Lotus Entertainment’s Lenny Beckerman will produce along with Solipsist Films’ Stephen L’Heureux (Sin City: A Dame To Kill For) and Chastain through her Freckle Films banner. Bill Johnson, Jim Seibel, Ara Keshishian and Palmiotti will exec produce.

The graphic novel series was published by Paperfilms.

Chastain can next be seen playing as a ruthless lobbyist in John Madden’s upcoming title Miss Sloane, which EuropaCorp is releasing domestically on November 25.

Lotus Entertainment’s recent credits include Hologram for the King with Tom Hanks, Z for Zachariah with Chris Pine and Margot Robbie and upcoming Halle Berry starrer Kidnap.

Graphic novelist Palmiotti has penned volumes of Deadpool, Jonah Hex, Punisher and is currently writing Harley Quinn for DC Comics. Monilith, based on his graphic novel, is set up at Lionsgate.
https://deadline.com/2016/11/jessic...tainment-solipsist-films-deadpool-1201852562/

Interesting. I remember when Syfy did a series.

I'm hoping this is going to do better and last longer.

Weren't the Soska sisters attached to direct this? Seems like they'd fit the material perfectly.

Not too familiar with the material but I'd be interested in checking this out when it's finished, especially with Chastain being attached to it.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/painkiller-jane-jessica-chastain-christine-boylan-1202157509/

Lotus Entertainment has set Christine Boylan to adapt Painkiller Jane, Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada’s iconic comic series that has Jessica Chastain attached to star and produce along with Solipsist Films’ Stephen L’Heureux and Kelly Carmichael, latter of whom is Chastain’s partner at 375 Pictures. Lenny Beckerman will produce for Lotus.

Boylan’s credits include Punisher, Hellblazer and Once Upon a Time and WME reps her.

Between this, Atomic Blonde, Proud Mary, and Red Sparrow, no one can complain women don't get action leads anymore.

The only complaint people might have is oversaturation which probably won't happen for a while (except to a certain subset of people who don't need the recognition of being named).

I think with the r-rated acceptance of superhero and related movies this could turn out to be very good. No need to go all out Logan on it but it doesn't have to be bloodless either.

Good for Jessica. I know she's been wanting to do comic book movies for a while.

Isn't she set to play in the upcoming X-Men sequel? That makes two roles for her.

She is? I missed that but that's awesome. As stated she's been wanting comic book projects and now she has two on her plate.

Can't wait to see how PKJ turns out. I'm expecting something awesome. :woot:

She is? I missed that but that's awesome. As stated she's been wanting comic book projects and now she has two on her plate.

Can't wait to see how PKJ turns out. I'm expecting something awesome. :woot:

Yeah, she is, for what SHOULD be a pretty meaty role given the source material. She's playing Lilandra, but Kinsberg is directing this thing, so they could turn her part into basically a cameo. Who knows?

As far as Painkiller Jane, this seems kinda out of left field. It's not quite as left field as Leto playing Bloodshot, but it's not far off for me. I'm not all that familiar with the source material except what they put out in the old SciFi series, and those almost always turn out absolutely ****ing terrible.

Yeah, she is, for what SHOULD be a pretty meaty role given the source material. She's playing Lilandra, but Kinsberg is directing this thing, so they could turn her part into basically a cameo. Who knows?
Jessica denies that she is playing Lilandra.
I am wondering if she is playing Dark Phoenix.

Jessica denies that she is playing Lilandra.
I am wondering if she is playing Dark Phoenix.

Really? I thought that was all but confirmed, but like I said, my interest in this is basically nil since Kinsberg is directing. I certainly haven't been keeping up with it like I normally would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"