Joe Kubert Artists

Doctor Who

KIDNEYS!!!
Reaction score
Usually I wouldn't post this question on this sort of scale, but since this is an art thread, and it's open up for discussions on any full spectrum, I thought I'd do this anyway. That being said, we have SO MUCH talent here, and I've honestly been meaning to work up and go to an art college to become a comic book and graphic artist; does anyone on here by any chance go to Joe Kubert School of Cartoon & Graphic Art?

And if so, what's it like there? Do any of you go their personally or go by correspondence? I have so many questions and so much to ask, and am so inspired to make this my career. :word:

I go to an animation school in Toronto that specializes in animation, concept art, and illustration for comics and graphic novels.

I'm a Sequential Art major at Savannah College of Art and Design. (SCAD)

I was always kind of curious about the Kubrt school too, saw ads in comics all the time.

I liked it Mee. I was there in 81-83 before they moved to the new location. Joe was great as were the other teachers.

That's cool. I'm not looking to transfer or anything, I just always wondered about it when I was younger.

I sort of wish I had taken classes in computer art early on. Tho I still prefer old School pen and ink over the Tablets and I have learned quite a bit on my own with certain graphics applications, just nothing from animation.

I've only taken one computer class so far, so I really only know the basics. I'd like to get more into it too.

Well one of the easier programs that gives you a better understanding of building in 3d is Google Sketchup.
I've made 27 building From a Renaissance faire I worked at, Several Thor related objects and also Asgard the city.
It DOES need a better Graphics card that I have at the moment and my Desktop is just plain slow, (it crashed over a year ago, power supply died) but will run to use the Sketchup.

I've always been curious about that school.

Always wondered about the price too.

$18,000 (US) per year is quite... a bit more than I expected. 3 years of that would put someone back a fair bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"