Skilled Colorist Wanted to Collab with For Fun

Spuzz

The Spuzziest of Spuzzes
Reaction score
Hey there. Spuzz here.

It'd be nice if all of us artists could do it all. Penciling. Inking. AND Coloring. But as it is even in the professional comics industry not every good penciler or inker can color as good as the best colorist out there. Since my youth I've always struggled with a case of partial color blindness. It's not impossible for me color stuff it's just not my strong suit.

My art style is very stylized with bold lines, sharp edges and often exaggerated features (see my art thread "Spuzz's Art" for some recent examples. You'll notice the weakest aspect of them is the colors.) I love the work of guys like Humberto Ramos, Chris Bachalo, Joe Madureira, Jeff Matsuda and non-super hero artists like Doug TenNapel, Jeff Smith, etc. Their work is all detailed, awesome stuff...but further away from straight up realism than most artists.

Anyway, long story short I'm no great artist or anything I just wanted to describe what I go for with my stuff so I could possibly find a like minded colorist to color some pieces for me. This isn't a commission or any sort of professional thing just an act of love for art and for the fun of it.

I will be posting the non colored line art of a recent drawing of mine right here on this post as soon as I scan it ( It features Spidey trying to escape the rampaging Rhino). If this sounds cool or interesting to you and you have coloring experience (or just want to give it a try) please let me know! As a guy who's never had coloring as my forte, I'd love to collaborate with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"