• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Josh Hartnett is Gunslinger

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59011

Source:Variety
September 10, 2009

Josh Hartnett will star in Gunslinger, a revenge-driven story set in the near future in the snowy wasteland of a post-apocalyptic America.

Hartnett will play a man who, along with his brother, sets out to kill the gang who killed their parents. Blood: The Last Vampire helmer Chris Nahon is directing, with Mark Williams and 2B Pictures' Albert Martinez Martin producing.

"This story takes a unique and startling look at what might happen when the lawlessness of the Old West returns... but with better weapons," Williams told Variety.

Filming will begin in Canada early next year.

Sounds good. I'll be honest and say I'd be a little more excited if Hartnett wasn't the lead. I don't dislike him, but he's never really had me hooked.

I haven't seen Hartnett in a movie since Sin City. He pretty much disappeared for a while there.

Sounds interesting, Wild West but with modern weapons? :up:

I don't mind Hartnett, but yea he hasn't really impressed me apart from in Black Hawk Down.

Isn't this very similar to the Stephen King novels? I'm not a fan or read the series, but it sound very similar...

I haven't seen Hartnett in a movie since Sin City. He pretty much disappeared for a while there.

I would suggest 30 Days of Night :up:

Sounds like an interesting story.

Last edited:
a revenge-driven story set in the near future in the snowy wasteland of a post-apocalyptic America.
This was what caught my eye, that is gonna give a different visual experience to the grimy and sandy vision of post apocalyptic Earth we usually see.

Josh Hartnett :up:. (an underrated actor imo.)

Chris Nahon :down.

This sounds interesting. I like post-apocalyptic stories.

A lot of post-apocalyptic films coming out in the near future, I've noticed. No problems, as I always love seeing different interpretations.

Though I confess I was mildly terrified when I thought this was an adaptation of Dark Tower I. No problems with Hartnett, but he is so wrong for Roland it's not funny.

Josh Hartnett :up:. (an underrated actor imo.)

Chris Nahon :down.

Ahh, give him a chance. He hasn't done that many movies so maybe he might have improved by this film.

I guess I'm one of the few that actually liked Kiss of the Dragon.

I hate Josh Hartnett with a passion...mediocre actor. I hate the look on his face 99% of the time. He looks the damn same in every movie and he acts the same in every movie. Throw him and Ashton into some lava.

I hate Josh Hartnett with a passion...mediocre actor. I hate the look on his face 99% of the time. He looks the damn same in every movie and he acts the same in every movie. Throw him and Ashton into some lava.

Heh, it's funny that you mentioned that. I have a friend or two that say that Hartnett looks like he has slight down syndrome.

loved Hartnett in Lucky Number Slevin, other then that... not so much. but this sounds interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"