Josh Holloway In Negotiations For A Marvel Film?

Nightwing 52

Things change
Reaction score
This is from the same source that reported the Garner news and of course, CBR picked up on it. So it could be BS or actually accurate.
Marvel casting news is a hot topic this past week or so. We've had Tommy Lee Jones and Dominic Cooper confirmed for roles in The First Avenger: Captain America. Also, over the weekend two separate stories help to give credence to each other that we might see Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel in The Avengers played by either Alice Eve or Malin Akerman. AvengerNews is reporting we may have more Marvel casting news this week involving Josh Holloway (Lost):

Apparently there’s been talk between Marvel and his [Josh Holloway] group to play a “lead” role in an upcoming Marvel film. We mention a “lead” role because these bigger actors often won’t sign “retainers”, meaning everything should be 100% locked (character, film, etc) for Josh once he’s signed the dotted line.

At this point the role or movie are not known but AvengerNews has assembled this short list based on "the subtle hints we've received."

Their short list consists of Ant-Man, Hawkeye and Timothy "Dum Dum" Duggan. Out of that list, Hawkeye seems to be the clear choice. But there's also that rumor of Renner still being attached to the role...

He's been my pick for Hawkeye for six years (I think that's when the LOST premiere debuted).

Josh Holloway is a "bigger" actor? I'm a fan and Lost was fairly big, but he certainly doesn't have the box office clout to be a for sure leading man.

That said, I think he could be a very interesting choice for Dr. Strange. Send him through the wringer and force him to rebuild himself from the ground up. Heck, he's been doing that off and on for 6 years.

Wishful thinking is Moon Knight. :awesome:

For some reason I think he'd be a good Marc Spector.

I hope its for a character I don't know or care for.

So hopefully out of that list its Dum Dum Dugan

Out of the mentioned characters that's the most likely. I'd prefer Jeremy Renner or Jensen Ackles, but whatever happens, happens.

So hopefully out of that list its Dum Dum Dugan

I'm glad I'm not the only person that hasn't been sweating this guy's junk for years.

I remember when I suggested Micheal Emerson for the Penguin over on the bat-boards, and you came in and gave a resounding 'no!no!' to the idea, much like this one.
I asked if you had any reason why you thought that was a bad idea, as i thought he was a great baddie actor and had the look, or was it just that you don't like anyone from 'Lost' as a rule.
You didn't reply with an answer so after reading this post, I got to thinking, hmmm...lol

He would be good as Hawkeye, I don't have a dum dum dougan who dum dum dougan is, have only heard the name.

I remember when I suggested Micheal Emerson for the Penguin over on the bat-boards, and you came in and gave a resounding 'no!no!' to the idea, much like this one.
I asked if you had any reason why you thought that was a bad idea, as i thought he was a great baddie actor and had the look, or was it just that you don't like anyone from 'Lost' as a rule.
You didn't reply with an answer so after reading this post, I got to thinking, hmmm...lol
The Lost theory is flawed because I like Matthew Fox for a lot of comic book roles, I like the Evangeline Lilly as Lois Lane suggestions, it introduced me to Ian Somerhalder and Emilie De Ravin, etc.

Plenty of my fave actors have done crap in their resume, I don't hold it against them as long as they do a good job; something Emerson and Holloway fail at, which is why I've always hated Emerson's suggested for Riddler and Holloway for Gambit, Hawkeye, etc.

The Lost theory is flawed because I like Matthew Fox for a lot of comic book roles, I like the Evangeline Lilly as Lois Lane suggestions, it introduced me to Ian Somerhalder and Emilie De Ravin, etc.

Plenty of my fave actors have done crap in their resume, I don't hold it against them as long as they do a good job; something Emerson and Holloway fail at, which is why I've always hated Emerson's suggested for Riddler and Holloway for Gambit, Hawkeye, etc.

Ok, fair enough, sorrry, I couldn't help but think with the hmmmm, and that has now shortened to a hmm..because if you consider Lost to be crap, then I imagine you have not watched much of it, so would probably be ignorant of Micheal Emerson's work in it. Because I strongly disagree with your assessment of his talents, and fail to see how anyone could consider his efforts at Ben Linus as creative failure. He brought one of the great villan performances to television with that character, and if you missed out on that, and are dissmissing his work with such absolute finality based on a passing familiarity, then I'd have to say that was a bit rash.
I can see your dissmissal more with Holloway's Sawyer though, he could be said to be a bit more one note, but so is Hawkeye and a lot of these kind of characters. and I don't really mean one note, just in comparison to a character like Ben Linus.

I wonder if he'll play Howard Stark instead of Cooper. He kind of has a similiar profile to John Slattery, but is probably too old for young Howard

Got a feeling that it would be Pym.
O hell yea I can see him as Pym too...

Moon Knight or the Scientist Supreme.... hmm he would be great for both.... I'm ctually starting to lean more towards Pym... Nice one BB :up:

Nathan Fillion said he wouldn't mind playing Ant-Man. Rumor is he is going to, but it's just a rumor. If he is Ant Man, I'd be happy with that.

Hawkeye has been cast, so scratch that one off the list.

I'd love to see him (Holloway) as Daniel Rand. Feel bad for Ray Park seeing as he's wanted to do this for awhile, they should at least let him do the stunts or something. And it'd be awesome if he is Moon Knight.

He was one of my favorite LOST characters, so I find it really awesome he's playing a Marvel Super Hero. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"