Roger Wardell discussion thread ;)

Keep him locked out then. Didn't know he never posted here. People seemed to talk about him like he was a poster here.

And how would the moderators accomplish that? When people register here they don't give their real names. Wardell might already be here under some user name no one would associate with his Twitter account. He could join in the future under any conceivable name. And he has every right to since he hasn't done anything to violate the rules of this site.

He could be anyone of us...

Secret_Invasion_4.jpg

Has anyone done a compilation of the stuff Wardell got right?

"Inside news: Sebastian Stan is talking with Marvel about Captain America 2......"
Right. Duh.

"Inside news: Marvel is keen on using a certain winged hero in Captain America The Winter Soldier, potentially joining the team in Avengers 2"

Common sense but still.

"Inside News: Marvel is seriously considering having Pepper Potts armour up in Iron Man 3, an idea that scrapped from the previous film"

She does during the Malibu mansion attack.

"Inside News: Actors like Cobie Smulders, Maximiliano Hernández, and Titus Welliver will be used on the Joss Whedon Marvel TV show"

Wasn't it confirmed that Hernandez would appear and that Smulders might?

"Inside News: Pepper Potts's role in Iron Man 3 is gonna be full of suprises and unexpected turns."

Pepper became an Extremis soldier and saved Tony's ass at the end of IM3.

"Inside News: Marvel is keen on atleast 2 new heroes joining in Avengers 2."

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

"Inside News: In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Steve Rogers will lead a smaller scale team including Falcon and the Black Widow."

This is interesting. It was recently revealed that TWS was 'Avengers 1.5' and Cap will be leading a team against Winter Soldier

"Inside News: The Masters of Evil will feature in The Avengers 2."

Been teased by Joss, widely-believed by fans. Wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

"Inside News: Fing Fang Foom will slither it's way into Iron Man 3 in a minor capacity."

The tattoos on Killian were basically FFF, and Shane Black + Drew
Pearce said the patterns on Mandarin's robes (glimpsed in the trailer) are meant to be Fin Fang Foom.

"Marvel Studios and Joss Whedon is in the process of storyboarded a sequence in The Avengers 2 involving a large-scale prison escape."

When talking to LokiD via PM before, he told me this was basically the first action set piece of the movie - some of the members of the Masters break out of a SHIELD prison. Strange, huh?

"Inside News: Thanos will carry on until the end of Phase 3.

Joss recently said he was saving Thanos for the 'big finale', aka A3.

Inside News: Despite assertions from Marvel to the contrary, look forward to a cameo of one Avenger appearing in Iron Man 3.

Bruce Banner appears in the post-credits scene.

I'm not saying that I believe him - he's gotten way more stuff wrong than right, and some of the stuff that is right is common sense, but I think it's interesting nonetheless.

Nope. If you get something wrong, you get everything wrong by default. Duh.

"Inside news: Sebastian Stan is talking with Marvel about Captain America 2......"
Right. Duh.

"Inside news: Marvel is keen on using a certain winged hero in Captain America The Winter Soldier, potentially joining the team in Avengers 2"

Common sense but still.

"Inside News: Marvel is seriously considering having Pepper Potts armour up in Iron Man 3, an idea that scrapped from the previous film"

"Inside News: Actors like Cobie Smulders, Maximiliano Hernández, and Titus Welliver will be used on the Joss Whedon Marvel TV show"

"Inside News: Pepper Potts's role in Iron Man 3 is gonna be full of suprises and unexpected turns."

"Inside News: In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Steve Rogers will lead a smaller scale team including Falcon and the Black Widow."

This is interesting. It was recently revealed that TWS was 'Avengers 1.5' and Cap will be leading a team against Winter Soldier

Been teased by Joss, widely-believed by fans. Wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

"Inside News: Fing Fang Foom will slither it's way into Iron Man 3 in a minor capacity."

Pearce said the patterns on Mandarin's robes (glimpsed in the trailer) are meant to be Fin Fang Foom.

"Marvel Studios and Joss Whedon is in the process of storyboarded a sequence in The Avengers 2 involving a large-scale prison escape."

When talking to LokiD via PM before, he told me this was basically the first action set piece of the movie - some of the members of the Masters break out of a SHIELD prison. Strange, huh?

Inside News: Despite assertions from Marvel to the contrary, look forward to a cameo of one Avenger appearing in Iron Man 3.

I'm not saying that I believe him - he's gotten way more stuff wrong than right, and some of the stuff that is right is common sense, but I think it's interesting nonetheless.
Well done, Roger Wardell.

Roger Wardell ‏@RogerWardell 2 May
Kang the Conquerer is the current topic of discussion over at Marvel Studios :D

God, I hope this turns out to be true.

Right. Duh.

Common sense but still.

So, that's nice.

Now how about compiling a list of all the things that he's gotten blatantly wrong?

So, that's nice.

Now how about compiling a list of all the things that he's gotten blatantly wrong?

Why do you have to be rude? I even said in the post that he's gotten way more things wrong than right and didn't say I think he's a great source. What's wrong with pointing out he wasn't wrong the whole time? :huh:

He operates in the same way fortune tellers do: by posting vague claims that have all of the right keywords, he operates in the median where a good percentage of them are bound to be correct, and if they were not, he could quantify his intentions at a later time ("I didn't mean that, but----!").

Let's face it folks: he's just another snake oil salesman.

He operates in the same way fortune tellers do: by posting vague claims that have all of the right keywords, he operates in the median where a good percentage of them are bound to be correct, and if they were not, he could quantify his intentions at a later time ("I didn't mean that, but----!").

Good analogy.

While you're more than likely right, I'm a sucker for fortune tellers

Don't forget "counting on people to remember the hits and forget the misses."

He was teased for the sequel in CA:TFA. Even the commentary track implied that the Zola experiment was meant to set the Winter Soldier up.

Kevin Feige was asked about Cap's history of sidekicks pre-Avengers. His reaction to the mention of Falcon made EVERYONE following closely assume Falcon would be in the sequel.

Favreau's said they've wanted to do this on the record. Totally predictable.

It's only logical to assume established SHIELD agents would show up in a SHIELD show.

That's pretty darn vague. Also, plot twists in a movie? No! :o

Of course they are. There have been a ridiculous amount of Avengers over the years. Why would they just use the same six over and over?

Well, Falcon was practically confirmed before this was said. Not that much of a stretch that Widow (another Captain America partner at times) might also be thrown in the mix. Also, Cap had a team in CA:TFA, so it makes sense for the sequel to also do that.

This rumor has been around since the first Avengers movie was in development. Again, it's a totally logical guess (we can't even confirm this one, though).

FFF is another character Favreau brought up in the past. Also, very early Kingsley stuff showed dragons.

Again, this is a logical enough guess we can't confirm. If the Masters are used they pretty much have to go this route. Abomination is known to be in captivity. Well done! A prison break certainly is a must if we get the MoE!

Some fans have speculated on this for some time, especially the ones that supported the MoE as sequel villains.

Every Marvel movie to date has had a cameo of another character.

There was no real minor capacity of Fin Fang Foom in Iron Man 3.

The dragon tattoos on Killian, Mandarin's robe, etc. Not that I'm trying to defend him.

The screenwriters view those as FFF references. They do actually count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"