• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jurassic World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elba should play Samuel L. Jackson's son out for revenge. And the biological father of Malcolm's adopted daughter, Kelly. And Nash's brother.

Dinosaurs on a Plane

tumblr_mhalqaxYML1r0yz8jo1_500.png

That shot still kinda freaks me out.

Dino's can't ride on planes! ;)

We need him back, seriously.

tumblr_mkavztefNw1qfsk6co1_500.gif

Y'know something, until I attended a screening of JP last year, I had no idea this shot was a joke. I always took it as just a shot of Malcolm injured and listening to what was going on. Then at the screening, it comes on and everyone cracks up. Was quite a Bison 'Of course!' moment for me. :p

I thought it was just an iconic shot that became famous for showing off Goldblum's pecs and abs. More endearing than parody.

Was it meant to be joke?

Uhhh whut? Never heard of it being a joke shot, mind explaining that?

That's just what I'm saying! I always took it as a normal shot, but when it came on at the screening, the entire audience cracked up. I don't know if it was always meant to be "Look at Goldblum here sexing it up goofily" or if it's just become that thanks to internet memes. :huh: Either way though, it elicits laughs now.

Yeah, but the good thing is that we're laughing with it, not at it.

The Dinosaur on the plane dream scene was and remains atrocious. Just a bad idea.

I actually wasn't bringing up Elba for race reasons, I brought him up because he is a fanboy darling like Michael Fassbender and the like.

Anyway I agree that Hollywood is frustrating when it comes to black performers but I can at least look optimistically at this year and be happy that Elba, Oyelowo, Jordan and Ejiofor are getting attention and roles.

And three of them are British. Elba is Heimdal and I want Ejiofor as Black Panther and Oyelowo as Brother Voodoo.

I really feel the Jurassic Park franchise needs to play with other genres to really re-invent itself. Similar to what James Cameron did with Aliens. Alien was a great survivor horror film, Cameron didn't try to copy that, he made a more action oriented film and its pretty much just as beloved as the original. I could see potential with a new Jurassic Park based on that mindset. One thing that gets old is both sequels have a kind of stupid set up and then: the dinosaurs amazingly attack and cause chaos! Maybe switch things up this time....

Read the first book, they can get on boats. :o

Yes lol, I've read both of them. Still no planes. :oldrazz:

As totally re-inventing itself, that was one thing that really bugged me about The Lost World, the book was so much better and kinda different, but yet kinda the same (similar to Aliens). The Lost World book was much more focused, and was really much more horror themed. It truly was survival/horror kind of book, and some really frightening things. I remember reading the book before the movie came out and was disappointed that it was much "larger" scale than it should have been.

Though I am excited for JW, I think Universal knows it can't slap together deleted scenes out of the book (ala JPIII) to survive against much bigger and fresher franchises out there. I think they have a good team, and a great set of actors....next to Episode VII this is becoming one of my more interested films of 2015.

Same here.

I'm very curious about Jurassic World, and to a certain degree the Terminator reboot, thought the latter's more of a wildcard because we have no idea what direction it'll head toward to.

At least with Jurassic World, I have an idea what to expect even with the little info available. That and I love 'Safety Not Guaranteed'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"