Just Cause 2

Jericho

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok, I don't understand this. There has to be many of us here who fondly remember the thrill of web swinging around the city as Spiderman, Running through the vast desert canyons and tearing cities apart as the Incredible Hulk, driving and flying across the country of San Andreas, grapping and gliding through the halls of Arkham Asylum. So why then, is there no existing thread for Just Cause 2?

This game takes the best of those games and wraps it up in here and what feels like an invigorating fresh experience that lets you have those slack jawed moments you had with the previous titles. I personally favor open world games that let you set your own pace. I want to be able to take in the world I am playing in and not be riddled with one assault after another. There needs to be some pacing.

GTA IV's Liberty City, as much as I adore the detail of the city....that detail never quite fully made up for the experience served up in San Andreas that practically leaves you with memories of road trips between Los Fieros and Los Santos with the jagged Seqouia lined mountains and winding roadways above the Ocean to balance out the thrill of the action in the cities.

You get that experience in a next level way with the island of Panau. Officially, you're a super spy...which is just another way of saying Super Hero. Your abilities with the grappling and gliding put anything and everything within reach, so those of us who ever wished we could be Spiderman or Hulk within San Andreas get that chance. Panau is ENORMOUS and detailed, definitely dwarfing San Andreas in both respects.

I suppose most of the replies will be a bunch of mehs and nitpicking along with "been there done that" since a large number here have little appreciation for open world games and only associate it with a game gimmick coming from the GTA series.

I played San Andreas years ago in xbox when it was first released, and could never get enough of it. Once I unlocked the Vegas style city, and the jump jet in my hanger, I would do nothing else but fly around and drive motorbikes across the massive map.

Listening to the rock stations (dust i believe) was the best. That game blew my mind and was one of the best GTA games around. Part 4 never did it for me because it took everything I loved around the series, and removed it. The only thing still there, is free roam.

So when the first Just Cause came out, I was upset it wasn't as good as they hyper it up to be. However when the demo for Just Cause 2 was released on xbox live, I downloaded it and havent stopped since. Get my copy tomorrow and can't wait.

Yeah, this game is insane. I knew I wanted it the moment I blew up a gas station on my motorcycle, turned around and crashed off a cliff, opened my parachute and shot up a small army and landed on a car which I then hopped in from the roof and rode off in. All of that, in a demo, in, like, two minutes. :up:

I think it's great, doesn't take itself seriously and encourages the player to have fun, it will probably get repetitive down the road but at the moment it's a blast.

Definitely thinking of getting this. Reminds me a bit of Crackdown.

Whats keeping me away from this is the demo. The parachuting and grabbling was pretty fun but the gunplay was pretty bad and hard to overlook. From the reviews, Ive read, it seems like this is still an issue in the final game

I played San Andreas years ago in xbox when it was first released, and could never get enough of it. Once I unlocked the Vegas style city, and the jump jet in my hanger, I would do nothing else but fly around and drive motorbikes across the massive map.

Listening to the rock stations (dust i believe) was the best. That game blew my mind and was one of the best GTA games around. Part 4 never did it for me because it took everything I loved around the series, and removed it. The only thing still there, is free roam.

So when the first Just Cause came out, I was upset it wasn't as good as they hyper it up to be. However when the demo for Just Cause 2 was released on xbox live, I downloaded it and havent stopped since. Get my copy tomorrow and can't wait.

I think GTA IV succeeds too well in that the environment really isn't a relaxing one you want to visit when you get off work, as well done as it is. I'd love to be able to leave Liberty City driving through the country side without people calling me on a cell phone, which really wasn't much fun, though I appreciated the attempt at the detail that went into letting you experience this guy's life.

You know, I never completed San Andreas. Once I got the entire map open, I stayed within the last quarter of the story because I rarely got past just cruising around the desert while blasting the radio to K-Dust or the Xbox radio presentation of your HDD tracks. I have memories of road trips while listening to Abbey Road.

Just Cause 2 doesn't offer up radio stations. It has it's own movie soundtrack that I have to admit I find quite effective and well timed. I haven't bothered to bring up the 360 Music Player yet, though I'm sure I will as I get more settled in. You will definitely love this game just based on what you got out of San Andreas.

Yeah, this game is insane. I knew I wanted it the moment I blew up a gas station on my motorcycle, turned around and crashed off a cliff, opened my parachute and shot up a small army and landed on a car which I then hopped in from the roof and rode off in. All of that, in a demo, in, like, two minutes. :up:

Precisely!

Whats keeping me away from this is the demo. The parachuting and grabbling was pretty fun but the gunplay was pretty bad and hard to overlook. From the reviews, Ive read, it seems like this is still an issue in the final game

I don't know, it depends on what you want out of it. I haven't had an issues with the gunplay, thought I wouldn't mind some auto targeting ala San Andreas. I think they compensate well enough for giving you some lee way while expecting you to be more accurate on your own.

I think the design of the missions are pretty decent, just repetitive checkpoint, attack, race stuff typically seen in sandbox games. You can easily say Grand Theft Auto IV is better in many regards, as far as fun goes, I found it to be lacking.

actually got Just Cause 2 last night and already clocked up over 7 hours. Managed to find something strange in the upper left island of the map. The map itself is the one shaped like "$" and on the lower half of the island, on the left side, there is writing on the sand in massive letters saying SEARCH with an arrow pointing into the jungle itself.

Isn't that from Lost?

Also been hearing that people have been finding the Hatch from Lost. What the hell is going on?

something I just remembered, is that a little further up past the SEACH writing is the plane crash from Lost. I kid you not people. And when you approach the island, the weather suddenly changed for me. It became dark, rainy, stormy and lighting.

And when i was within a few hundred meters, my boat burst into flames.

something I just remembered, is that a little further up past the SEACH writing is the plane crash from Lost. I kid you not people. And when you approach the island, the weather suddenly changed for me. It became dark, rainy, stormy and lighting.

And when i was within a few hundred meters, my boat burst into flames.

Wow, looking forward to checking that out and seeing the site. I wonder what else they've hidden? I guess I haven't really explored as much as I should. I've been staying near the central part of the island and traveling up to where the Mile High Club is.

actually got Just Cause 2 last night and already clocked up over 7 hours. Managed to find something strange in the upper left island of the map. The map itself is the one shaped like "$" and on the lower half of the island, on the left side, there is writing on the sand in massive letters saying SEARCH with an arrow pointing into the jungle itself.

Isn't that from Lost?

Also been hearing that people have been finding the Hatch from Lost. What the hell is going on?

It's vaguely the LOST island. There is the hatch, but that's basically it. I believe the island and the giant radio towers are part of a later mission that explain why the planes crash when you get near it.

I was very interested when I first heard about the LOST island, but after some research and realizing that hatch was really all there was to see, I lost the interest. I wish they would have just said f' it and rendered everything there is to see on LOST island, that would have made me buy this game. (I did have fun with the demo, but of the list of games I want to get this is not near the top)

It has a few too many things that are annoying. Like having to see the cutscene when you call the blackmarket helicopter, not being able to just buy ammo but having the guy drop it for you to pick up. There's also barely any ammo of good weapons. I hate the grunts having nothing but revolvers and sawed-off shotguns.

I hate flying planes, too. Can't turn well and attacking is hard. In the mission where you have to take out the satellites, I just flew the plane into the last one.

Despite this, it's one of the most fun games I've ever played.

Anyone have the DLC? Is it worth buying?

It has a few too many things that are annoying. Like having to see the cutscene when you call the blackmarket helicopter, not being able to just buy ammo but having the guy drop it for you to pick up. There's also barely any ammo of good weapons. I hate the grunts having nothing but revolvers and sawed-off shotguns.

I hate flying planes, too. Can't turn well and attacking is hard. In the mission where you have to take out the satellites, I just flew the plane into the last one.

Despite this, it's one of the most fun games I've ever played.

Anyone have the DLC? Is it worth buying?

Not only that, but there were things that Rico should have had that other characters in third person shooters have from jump like cover. I hate having to exploit my standing position that the enemy cannot shoot me, just take cover. I also didn't like the way his crouch worked, other than that, the game is pretty fun, the missions structure itself is pretty good because it allows you to go about the mission any way you please.

That sucks, too. They should have copied Uncharted's combat.

I just find it too hard to really bash this game for some relatively minor things since there's so much you can do and the overworld is immense with zero load times.

I forget the most annoying thing. Having to re-buy everything each time you want it. The only thing worth buying is timed explosives since carrying around a rocket launcher is inconvenient.

Last edited:
Hugely Popular Just Cause 2 Mod Goes Official, Gets on Steam

After over a year of testing, on the seventh of December, JC2-MP, the large-scale multiplayer mod for Square Enix's shooty-hijacky sandbox game, will begin its final beta test.

Unlike previously, participants have to grab a key for the brand-new Steam version of the mod (which requires registering on the mod's website), which will be unlocked at 3AM EST (8AM UTC) on December 7. At that point, people can jump right in-game and enjoy the added benefits of Steamworks-backed multiplayer.

[YT]1l0WWZNciQQ[/YT]

The test concludes a week later, on the fourteenth, at which point the developers will announce a release date for the mod's public version—not much wiggle room there; the news post promises that "come hell or high water, JC2-MP is coming out this year." Can't wait! Above is some footage from the August beta test to get y'all in the mood.

The Final Beta Test: 7th December 2013 [Official Forum]

Source

Meh I thought 3 was announced :(

I couldn't finish the game without the invincibility patch, and I added the massively large amount of ammo patch to be able to complete the main campaign, I have that much trouble with enemies I have trouble seeing, or can't sense

Almost 50 hours in and I didn't complete 40% of the total game, and the Rockstar people advertise their GTA V for being 100 hours long, heh, not exactly a good thing
The game is fun, but in a very large country, traveling from one town to another is a chore, even with the delivery service it's a bit of a chore, and in every area you do the exact same thing, destroy marked stuff & collect upgrade parts
The only thing to feel different is when you press keys to activate rockets or open doors

Visually, the game is very impressive, even on very low, the details are great and visually fantastic

JC2-MP - Official Launch Trailer
[YT]YR2zRqAvw1M[/YT]​

Midweek Madness - Just Cause 2, 80% Off

In celebration of the newly launched Multiplayer Mod, save 80% on Just Cause 2 during this week's Midweek Madness*!

Dive into an adrenaline-fueled free-roaming adventure. As agent Rico Rodriguez, your orders are to find and kill your friend and mentor who has disappeared on the island paradise of Panau. There, you must cause maximum chaos by land, sea and air to shift the balance of power. With the unique grapple and parachute combo, BASE jump, hijack and create your own high-speed stunts. With 400 square miles of rugged terrain and hundreds of weapons and vehicles, Just Cause 2 defies gravity and belief.

The Multiplayer Mod is a project to bring multiplayer to Just Cause 2 in all of its magnificent glory. Imagine the chaos of normal Just Cause 2, then extending it out to dozens, hundreds, and even thousands of players!

*Offer ends Thursday at 10AM Pacific Time

Source

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"