Justice league technical crew update

Looks like they've done on camera tests with the actors.

2nd assistant director Conor Reid's resume at Top Technicians Management (Representatives of Australia's foremost film and television production personnel) says the following:

AUSTRALIAN
DRAMA
2008 Justice League –(make up and Fittings -1st AD PJ Voeten) 2nd AD
2008 Scorched the Telemovie (3 weeks) Picture car Coordinator
2008 Scorched the Telemovie (1 week designer Nell Hanson) Set Dresser
2008 Crush - Feature (1st AD Michel Faranda) 2nd AD
2008 What They Don’t Know AFC Short 2nd AD
Dir. Sam Bennets, DOP: Russel Boyd (1st AD Matt Enfield)
Source:http://www.toptechsmanagement.com.au/download/cv/ReidC.pdf

we need some leaked pics.
we need them now.

Yea i would like to see pics of this to see what they were doing and if they were in any suits at the time.

i think they might get like old customes like batman
batman.jpg

and later they have advanced liek the batman now
JUST AN EXAMPLE

True but u never know leaks happen all the time lol.

I was under the assumtion that Miller was the one who chose these actors, but after reading this article on JLM casting director Ronna Kress, I have to wonder if she's not largely responsible for some or all of the choices made.

http://www.bu.edu/today/2008/05/01/bu-hollywood-making-johnny-depp-star

BU to Hollywood: Making Johnny Depp a Star

Part five: Casting director Ronna Kress (CAS’84) looks for the right man (or woman) for the job

By Cynthia K. Buccini

When she began working on the 2007 movie National Treasure: Book of Secrets, Ronna Kress had a key role to cast: the mother of the film’s star, Nicolas Cage. Normally, a British actress best known for her impeccable portrayal of the queen of England wouldn’t figure into a big-budget action film, let alone a sequel. But to Kress, a Los Angeles-based freelance casting director, Helen Mirren was a perfect fit.

“The conversation was, ‘Who’s a really attractive woman in her 60s who would be believable as Nic’s mother and is a good actress,’” says Kress (CFA’84). “It just so happened that her march to the Oscar was starting right around the time that we were casting, which made it more difficult for us.”

But Mirren was game. The day after winning an Academy Award for best actress in The Queen, she accepted the part. “She loved the adventure,” Kress says. “We hit the jackpot in every way.” Indeed, the film went on to gross more than $215 million in the United States alone.

It doesn’t always work out that way. Casting, it turns out, is not only one of the most important and unheralded aspects of moviemaking, it’s subjective and personal. “That ‘it’ that an actor has is a really indefinable thing,” says Kress, a former actress whose casting credits include Moulin Rouge, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the upcoming films Australia and G-Force.

Kress makes her casting decisions, often in conjunction with a film’s producer or director, based on instinct and her experience as an actress. She pores over cast lists, catches all the movies she can, soaks up a lot of television, and reads stacks of magazines. “I have a great staff, and they’re on the Internet all day,” she says. “You want to keep up with who’s out there and what’s going on. We’ll have actors read for us for movies all the time. Maybe they’re not right for one thing, but we’ll remember them for something else.”

One film that got it right was 2003’s Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. For the role of Captain Jack Sparrow, Kress and producer Jerry Bruckheimer wanted Johnny Depp, a movie star at the time, but not exactly box-office gold. Disney was nervous. “They didn’t really understand his performance,” Kress recalls. But Depp’s hilarious turn as Sparrow, with his kohl-rimmed eyes and slurred speech, was a hit. “He really did create this iconic character,” she says. “You can’t imagine that movie without him.”

For the part of Elizabeth Swann in Pirates, Kress tapped a young British actress who was just showing promise: Keira Knightley. “Bend It Like Beckham was starting to get some buzz in the United States, and we pursued her early on in the casting process,” Kress says. Finding young talent is gratifying. For the 2000 film Remember the Titans, she cast Ryan Gosling and Kate Bosworth in small roles. “It’s nice when you have the opportunity to use these actors at an early stage in their careers, and then they continue on and pop,” she says. “That doesn’t always happen.”

Kress herself acted after college, but she began to rethink her career after years on the road and in New York. Once she landed work with a casting director in New York, she says, “I found a place where I could still be creative. I still was involved with actors, but I was actually making a living.”

She married and moved to California, where she worked for Marion Dougherty (“the grandmother of all casting directors — she started the business of casting”) and later for the casting director David Rubin. When Rubin closed his business, about 10 years ago, Kress struck out on her own. Her first film as a casting director was Baz Luhrmann’s Moulin Rouge, and there have been more than 20 films since. Last winter, Kress was casting the eight superheroes for Justice League of America when the writers strike put the film on hold. She moved on to G.I. Joe, an action movie due out next year.

Kress has no regrets about her decision to leave acting for casting. She works with top producers and directors, who understand that casting is critical to a project, she says. Bruckheimer, for example, “always supports me in my search for even the smallest roles in a film. I brought in an actor all the way from London on Pirates — he’s in Johnny’s crew, he has a parrot on his shoulder — and he never spoke,” she recalls. “It was just this brilliant face. We brought a lot of actors from London. That was a huge expense, but clearly worth it. Those faces made a big difference.”

If anything, that actually gives me a little hope in the casting. Casting Depp in Pirates was a brilliant move, albeit largely in part due to how he approached the role.

Darth Nata said:
on 03-16-2008, 06:33 PM

The production designer, Owen Paterson has dropped out of JLA to work on The Wachowski Brothers' Ninja Assassin.

According to IMDb, the Production Designer on Ninja Assassin is Graham "Grace" Walker, who, coincidentally, worked on several of George Miller's previous movies, including Mad Max 2 and 3.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt1186367/fullcredits

Owen Paterson's IMDb page continues to show JLM as the only planned project he's attached to. I'm a little surprised he's not the PD for NA, having worked with the Wachowski's on Speed Racer and McTeigue on V for Vendetta previously, but he was probably looking for a break after that huge effort on SR. Or, he could be working in some smaller capacity on the movie.

Either that, or he needs to keep his calendar open for JLM. :woot:

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0665517/

Hopefully we get some news one way or another about the status of the film but who knows.

I was under the assumtion that Miller was the one who chose these actors, but after reading this article on JLM casting director Ronna Kress, I have to wonder if she's not largely responsible for some or all of the choices made.

http://www.bu.edu/today/2008/05/01/bu-hollywood-making-johnny-depp-star

Well casting directors are always involved in...well casting...but directors are also involved and/or have the final say. Depends on the movie depends on the director. The casting directors are responsible for a lot of the prescreening.

yea who really knows who had the final say with the cast they had.

The production designer, Owen Paterson has dropped out of JLA to work on The Wachowski Brothers' Ninja Assassin.

Looks like Paterson is no longer doing Ninja Assassin. I wonder why?:huh:

Ninja Assassin Starts Production in Berlin
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures May 30, 2008

Filming is underway on Ninja Assassin, being directed by James McTeigue (V For Vendetta) from a screenplay by Matthew Sand and J. Michael Straczynski. Joel Silver, Grant Hill, Larry Wachowski and Andy Wachowski are producing, with Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni and William Fay serving as executive producers.

Ninja Assassin stars Korean pop star Rain (Speed Racer) as the central character, Raizo; Naomie Harris (Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End) as Europol researcher Mika Coretti; Ben Miles (V For Vendetta) as Europol Agent Ryan Maslow; legendary martial arts performer Sho Kosugi (Revenge of the Ninja) as the ruthless leader of the Ozunu Clan; and Rick Yune (Die Another Day) as Raizo's rival, Takeshi.

Principal photography is taking place at Babelsberg Studios and on location in various parts of Berlin.

Ninja Assassin follows Raizo (Rain), one of the deadliest assassins in the world. Taken from the streets as a child, he was transformed into a trained killer by the Ozunu Clan, a secret society whose very existence is considered a myth. But haunted by the merciless execution of his friend by the Clan, Raizo breaks free from them... and vanishes. Now he waits, preparing to exact his revenge.

In Berlin, Europol agent Mika Coretti (Naomie Harris) has stumbled upon a money trail linking several political murders to an underground network of untraceable assassins from the Far East. Defying the orders of her superior, Ryan Maslow (Ben Miles), Mika digs into top secret agency files to learn the truth behind the murders. Her investigation makes her a target, and the Ozunu Clan sends a team of killers, led by the lethal Takeshi (Rick Yune), to silence her forever. Raizo saves Mika from her attackers, but he knows that the Clan will not rest until they are both eliminated. Now, entangled in a deadly game of cat and mouse through the streets of Europe, Raizo and Mika must trust one another if they hope to survive…and finally bring down the elusive Ozunu Clan.

The behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Karl Walter Lindenlaub, production designer Graham "Grace" Walker, costume designer Carlo Poggioli and editor Giancarlo Ganziano. The Wachowski brothers’ longtime stunt coordinators Chad Stahelski and David Leitch are also on board as second unit co-directors.

Ninja Assassin is a Warner Bros. Pictures presentation in association with Legendary Pictures and Dark Castle Entertainment.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45528

yea who really knows who had the final say with the cast they had.

True.

However, we do know Miller adores Gale. I don't think he's been seen visually supporting other actors in the press as much as he has for Megan.

The behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Karl Walter Lindenlaub, production designer Graham "Grace" Walker, costume designer Carlo Poggioli and editor Giancarlo Ganziano.

Ironically, Graham "Grace" Walker is frequent collaborator with George Miller, having worked as Art Director on Mad Max 2 and PD on Mad Max 3.

Costume designer Kate Hawley has worked on the movie as part of the Weta Workshop team.
In 2008 she has designed costumes for the world premiere season of the music theatre piece, The Trial of the Cannibal Dog, staged by The New Zealand International Arts Festival, been a member of the creative team at Weta Workshop (the film and television effects facility) on George Miller's The League of Justice and has also been the Costume Stylist on Peter Jackson's feature film The Lovely Bones.
http://www.artsmanagement.com.au/files/kha08_web.pdf

George Miller's "The League Of Justice"???

i think they might get like old customes like batman and later they have advanced liek the batman now JUST AN EXAMPLE
Whatever costume we're getting for Batman in this flick, it can't be worst than the overly designed and ugly suit we've got in Begins/TDK...complete with a sissy ass velvet cape. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"