Xbox Killer Instinct

Right just dropped a bit over £40 to get everything! KI1 & 2 classic as well as all characters and outfits (which I'm not really bothered by). Wonder if I'll still have to pay more for Season 3. And if that will be the last bit of content for the game.

nicely done Iceman I dont think you'll regret it ;)

yes everyone is going to have to pay for season 3 seperatley when that comes out, I would assume that will be the last season of content but who knows

I'm fine with season 3 being the last one. But I hope they then start work on a sequel, even if it comes out 2 years after season 3. No reason why this fighter can't one day get as big as the others (apart from being not being available on all platforms).

the biggest thing holding this game back from being really huge is being X1 only like you mentioned, most fighting game players are on PS4

if more people could play KI and realized how fun it was, im sure it would become even more popular

I guess that makes sense given how bad the 360's original d-pad was for beat'em ups.

Edit: I have a feeling KI2 will be much better reviewed next time out as the only criticism I regularly see is lack of content which was true at launch but will certainly not be true at all after season 3 hits.

how do the original games KI 1 and KI 2 play on the X1?

I'll try them tonight. Only bought the Ultimate package and downloaded them last night.

I havent played the original games yet either but maybe ill try them out tonight

the one thing I was hoping they would fix on the X1 controller from the 360 controller was the god awful D-pad, but its just as bad on the X1 controller :( I always use the d-pad for fighting games cause I need the accuracy, but for killer instinct I simply cant do anything with the d-pad so im forced to use the analog stick which is taking me some adjusting. PS4 d-pad is excellent and I use that for my PS4 fighting games which are mainly just MKX and USF4 at the moment

I like the sticks for rotating moves. I've got used to using them in fighting games now but at first it was a horrendous experience on 360.

the hardest things for me to pull off with the stick are quick back/forward dashes and back/forward or up/down special moves, the QCF/QCB moves arent too hard on the stick

still though I wish microsoft could just make a d-pad that wasnt complete trash, how hard is that honestly

Oh yes those sonic boom/flash kick type moves are horrendous with a stick.

well, I'm joining the KI community - installing this as we speak.

was at the store and picked up the physical copy for under $20.

so, I'll play around with the Season 1 characters for a bit and then buy the Season 2 DLC pack later on.

I'm not a costume guy but I am loving the retro versions. Some of them look really different.

Seems a lot of ppl have jumped back in to this(or are jumping in for the first time) i might have to go ahead and snag season 2 and get back into this myself. Battle some of you dudes.

Gonna be worth me learning this with Season 3 still to come.

Yeah Pat, and the new characters are cool.

who's the easiest Season 1 character to pick up and learn?

or which would be best for the beginner?

Jago is the basic Ryu style character, kind of designed for new guys IMO.

ah, thanks.

btw.....I noticed that some costume colors are locked.

can you unlock those extra colors in game, or do you have to buy DLC? lol.

ah, thanks.

btw.....I noticed that some costume colors are locked.

can you unlock those extra colors in game, or do you have to buy DLC? lol.

I beleive the colors are unlocked by reaching certain goals with the individual character

Anybody in here actually bought an Xbox One just for KI or Rare Replay? I've been saying only L4D 3 can push me to get a One, but these two Rare(-ish) titles are really tempting me to break that rule.

I could see a beat'em up fan getting it just for KI. Would have to be a big Rare fan to get it for Replay alone although I think most people are going to really enjoy that.

I bought X1 soley for killer instinct, but I used my visa points so it didn't cost me anything so im not sure if that counts lol I had to pay for the game!

so....ummm.....how do you do the Ultra combos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"