• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Knocked-Up...Spin-Off?!

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118029859?refcatid=13

Judd Apatow's next project will see Leslie Mann and Paul Rudd reprise their "Knocked Up" roles in an untitled laffer set for summer 2012.

Apatow will write and direct the film, the first he's helmed since 2009's "Funny People." Apatow, Barry Mandel and Clayton Townsend will produce.

In "Knocked Up," Mann played Katherine Heigl's older sister, who is married to Rudd's character. Plot details are vague, and it's not clear whether Heigl or Seth Rogen would reprise their roles from 2007's "Knocked Up," one of Apatow's biggest successes with $200 million in worldwide box office.

Universal will distribute, and production will begin this summer for a June 1, 2012, release.

pretty cool. both Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann were my favorite supporting characters in Knocked Up. they had great chemistry.

Knocked Up was good at first but the more I saw it I started to dislike it.

I hated Leslie Mann's character though

Please no Heigl. I hate her.

:up: for everyone else though.
They wont have Heigel back. She badmouthed the movie really bad, and said she hated how her character was portrayed.

She's a *****.

Both female characters were huge annoying jerks

I'm an Apatow fan and I'm not looking forward to it. There's no need to revisit those characters. I like Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann, but there's gotta be some fresher ideas in Judd's brain.

well if there's one movie that didn't need a sequel or spin-off...

Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann are my favorite actors of the Apatow gang except for Steve Carell. Them in a movie as leads is an awesome idea, but Im not sure its a good idea to have them playing their Knocked Up characters.

They were great characters in the movie, the same way Hammer was a great character in IM2. If it is treated as a black comedy, then it will work. If it is treated as a sympathetic rom com, then it will be stupid.

Interesting idea. I'd maybe want to see a sequel to Superbad too if they could do that.

I hate just about all Apatow movies, but I appreciate him for actually making his own film world where they relate to each other but don't have to be necessary to make them so.

They were great characters in the movie, the same way Hammer was a great character in IM2. If it is treated as a black comedy, then it will work. If it is treated as a sympathetic rom com, then it will be stupid.
Wow, Hammer was my least fav character in Iron Man 2.

I liked Sam Rockwell in Iron Man 2, but ultimately, he didn't have much to do.

Never do what they did...
(Smiles) I gonna do it
Uh oh...someone's getting home schooled

pretty cool. both Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann were my favorite supporting characters in Knocked Up. they had great chemistry.

They were hilarious and I'm hardly ever disappointed by them . I hope they came up with an interesting premise though.

They wont have Heigel back. She badmouthed the movie really bad, and said she hated how her character was portrayed.

She's a *****.

Didn't she write or have input on her character? I thought I read that somewhere.. :doh::dry:

Didn't she write or have input on her character? I thought I read that somewhere.. :doh::dry:
I'm not sure, but I was listening to Howard Stern this week, and he was interviewing Seth Rogan, who was promoting Green Hornet, and he brought up the fuss that Heigel made about her character in Knocked Up. She basically told off Rogan and Apatow, and said she was pissed by the way they portrayed her character, and the way the other characters acted within the film. Rogan then joked around, saying he would never work with such a crazy ***** again. He said she was fine while filming, but once the movie came out, she started to act out.

You can read some of the stuff she said about Knocked Up here.

I'm not sure, but I was listening to Howard Stern this week, and he was interviewing Seth Rogan, who was promoting Green Hornet, and he brought up the fuss that Heigel made about her character in Knocked Up. She basically told off Rogan and Apatow, and said she was pissed by the way they portrayed her character, and the way the other characters acted within the film. Rogan then joked around, saying he would never work with such a crazy ***** again. He said she was fine while filming, but once the movie came out, she started to act out.

You can read some of the stuff she said about Knocked Up here.

I think I will now. :cwink: :yay:

I think Judd saw the success of "Get Him to the Greek" which he produced and wanted similar success.

I think Judd saw the success of "Get Him to the Greek" which he produced and wanted similar success.

how so? i've never seen that movie, but are characters in that from a past Apatow film?

how so? i've never seen that movie, but are characters in that from a past Apatow film?

Russell Brand's character from the Sarah Marshall movie and Kristen Bell reprises the Sarah Marshall character in a spot for her new tv show in the movie are in the Greek movie.

I'm a big fan of Apatow's stuff and Rudd himself...but this doesn't really make any sense...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"