Kramer's A Racist!!!

comicgirl said:
I didn't laugh about the Mel thing. THe only thing funny was his "apology":whatever:

At least he apologized, which is more than I can say about any rap "artist".

Celebrity apologies are rarely ever genuine. Michael Richards' will be no different.

Ben Urich said:
Celebrity apologies are rarely ever genuine. Michael Richards' will be no different.
I like to lick lollipops in Lilyhamer. HAHA I love Family Guy.

War Lord said:
Half of them should apologise for bad taste in clothes and saying "yeah, yeah" too much in a song.

Apparently, race is still an issue in the US. Who knew?

War Lord said:

Bingo! So are Black folks the only ones allowed to make racist remarks b/c I'm confused about the freedoms in this country???

^ and i'm not trying to step on ANY toes, I just want to know the truth behind the double standards that I see on TV.

I mean, the man WAS in Problem Child . . . that's proof enough that he's had some issues with judgement in the past . . .

Prognosticator said:
Bingo! So are Black folks the only ones allowed to make racist remarks b/c I'm confused about the freedoms in this country???
No. But, I'll tell you what; let me work your grandma to death for about 40 years, rape her and not pay her. Heck, how about I do that with about 2-3 generations of your family.

The least I could do for you in that situation, is let you have a joke about me, now and then.

Prognosticator said:

Its a double standard that exists, but in the interest of fairness, its the same in all races and ethnicities.

comicgirl said:
No. But, I'll tell you what; let me work your grandma to death for about 40 years, rape her and not pay her. Heck, how about I do that with about 2-3 generations of your family.

I'd figure the least I could do for you is let you have a joke about me, now and then.

Youre bringing out the slavery card?

comicgirl said:

The least I could do for you in that situation, is let you have a joke about me, now and then.

Comicgirl, why would you do that?:(

Darren Daring said:
Comicgirl, why would you do that?:(
I wouldn't, sweety. I hate this kind of stuff.

Can't we all just get along?:o

Darthphere said:
Youre bringing out the slavery card?
sure, why not? Will our country ever get to a comfortable place with racial issues? We should be, but....:csad:

Maximum_Carnage said:
I really hope that he doesn't get shot.

Are you implying that African-Americans will shoot Micheal Richards for saying the N word?

comicgirl said:

50 years ago, white women were as oppressed and abused just as much as some of the slaves of yesteryear...

In fact, women in the middle east are physically, sexually, and psychologically abused every day.

I don't see people standing up for their rights on a regular basis. Yet I can walk outside and shake a stick at all of the people who scream prejudice over something 300 years ago that a lot of us have worked past.

Prognosticator said:

Black folks are allowed to say the most terrible things about white folks without recrimination, because apparently we have all the power, while they have none.

There's a difference between racism and race-based discrimination, at least according to my sociology textbook. :huh::o

Darthphere said:
Its a double standard that exists, but in the interest of fairness, its the same in all races and ethnicities.

You're right. I agree, and it's a tough deal that has always existed.

I spent a couple of summers in Mexico, and they make inappropriate jokes about the ethnics groups of central and south america, they way you hear jokes about Canada or Mexico in the U.S.

Humor has always used racism to bring crowds closer together. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

IMO, the only people in America that have a right to b**ch are Native Americans. There are hundreds of organizations for the benefit of African-Americans, but practically every group that does the same for white people are considered (and sadly, probably are) racist.

comicgirl said:

I'm I SEE SPIDEY and I approve this message. :up:

Fledermaus said:
IMO, the only people in America that have a right to b**ch are Native Americans. There are hundreds of organizations for the benefit of African-Americans, but practically every group that does the same for white people are considered (and sadly, probably are) racist.
well, there's always the Knights of Columbus:o

comicgirl said:

A lot of people seem to forget indentured slaves and serfs of feudal Europe. White people were slaves centuries longer than African Americans in the US.

Prognosticator said:
50 years ago, white women were as oppressed and abused just as much as some of the slaves of yesteryear...

In fact, women in the middle east are physically, sexually, and psychologically abused every day.

I don't see people standing up for their rights on a regular basis. Yet I can walk outside and shake a stick at all of the people who scream prejudice over something 300 years ago that a lot of us have worked past.
You keep telling yourself that, maybe you'll believe it one day.

comicgirl said:

No, because you're claiming something that doesn't belong to you.

I'll let your dead grandma make a joke about my dead grandpa though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"