Kristen Stewart in Talks for Action-Thriller Underwater

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/817423-kristen-stewart-in-talks-for-action-thriller-underwater

The Hollywood Reporter brings word that actress Kristen Stewart is in talks for 20th Century Fox‘s upcoming action-thriller Underwater. She’s being eyed for the film’s lead role, a jaded member of the crew. A March start date is set for the film to begin production in New Orleans.

The film centers on a team of researchers who, after an earthquake devastates their underwater station, have to navigate through two miles in the dangerous depths of the ocean floor to make it to safety. It is described as an underwater version of Armageddon.

Writer/director Will Eubank (The Signal) is set to direct the film for Chernin Entertainment from a script by Brian Duffield.

Stewart was most recently seen in the film Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk in 2016 as well as Personal Shopper, Café Society, and Certain Women. She’s also no stranger to action film roles, having appeared in American Ultra, Snow White and the Huntsman, and even flirting with action scenes in The Twilight Saga.

Underwater version of Armageddon! :awesome:

A mindless action film, the plot had me reeled in until I read Stewart was in it.
:sleepy:

A mindless action film, the plot had me reeled in until I read Stewart was in it.
:sleepy:

Kristen Stewart is quite good when she has quality material to work with such as STILL ALIVE and THE CLOUDS OF SILS MARIA. Other stuff, not so much.

Blake Lively should have been in this instead. She was great in the Shallows and I'd love to see her do another water-based film.

I was never sold on Stewart.
I guess if we all are honest with ourselves, there are some actors, for whatever reason, you just dont like and never go to see their movies or even watch them once out of the theaters.
She is one of those for me.

I guess if we all are honest with ourselves, there are some actors, for whatever reason, you just dont like and never go to see their movies or even watch them once out of the theaters.

For me it's Gyllenhal. Great actor. Probably cool as hell IRL. Rubs me the wrong way. Can't stand him in movies.

Same, i think her acting is the same in every movie

This!

I see I have people on my side regarding my admission towards her.

The Newsroom alum John Gallagher Jr. has joined Kristen Stewart in aquatic action thriller Underwater from 20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment. Directed by William Eubank, the film follows an underwater scientific crew who, after an earthquake devastates their underwater station, have to navigate through two miles in the dangerous depths of the ocean floor to make it to safety. Jenno Topping is on board to also produce the film, which was written Brian Duffield. Currently, Gallagher can be seen starring in the James Gunn-written horror film The Belko Experiment, which bowed in theaters March 17. Repped by Gersh, Station-Three and lawyer Ken Weinrib, his past credits include 10 Cloverfield Lane and Hush.

This is exactly me when it comes to Stewart. Nothing she's ever done has convinced me I should even bother with her movies. Seems so monotone and borderline uninteresting.

I think she is always miscast as the relate-able lead, when there is a real lack of empathy towards her in most everything I have seen.
I wonder how she would do as the villain or any role that makes use of her aloofness.

That is why she was sorta ok in American Ultra, I think, because she had this script-justified layer of remove.

Last edited:
I think she's been trying lately. It's just that Twilight made everyone look bad, including her. Before that, she was fine in anything she was in. I also think she's an acquired taste. I was mad when people made jokes about how apathetic she tends to be, which to me is a part of her allure.

Either way, I'm glad that people are easing on her since her Twilight days, which feels almost a lifetime ago. EDIT: OMG, the first film came out almost 10 years ago!

I think Stewart is fine in the right roles. I don't think that she is the type of actor that can carry a big blockbuster though.

t how apathetic she tends to be, which to me is a part of her allure.

She does have that consumptive chic of eras long by. I do find her attractive in that distant, sad-eyed way. She would be a shoo-in for Marguerite Gautier in Dumas Jr's Lady of the Camellias.

Well she is only in talks for this right ? Nothing confirmed ?

iO06XiG.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to James Cameron her up in this one.

Iwas intrigued by the premise of this, and now that I've seen the trailer. I might watch it if it gets good reviews.

Though that being said, the second weekend of January release is odd and it reminds me of Prometheus and Life... in underwater.

looks like Alien,Armageddon,Abyss underwater. to bad that its pg13.

this was filmed in 2017 and will be realesed in 2020. did they reshoot the movie?

(Almost) Never a good sign when a movie takes nearly 3 years to be filmed and released.

I think by this point my opinions on Stewart are likely very well known lol Congrats to Jessica Henwick though good to see she's getting plenty work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"