Krypton not destroyed?

sdc10

Civilian
Reaction score
After seeing the last trailer am I the only one thinking that Krypton does not end up getting destroyed in the movie?

In the first scene in the trailer with Jor-El viewing a giant battle I cant help but think about Abrams' "Flyby" script where Krypton is not destroyed and Kal-El is sent to Earth to escape a civil war.

Also, when Zod states "I will find him" kind of implies that Kal-El has already been sent away.

Lastly, there is the clip where it looks like Lara is looking upon Jor-El's armor possibly implying that he is dead during that scene yet she and krypton are still clearly around.

But then again it make just be a combination of two events where Kal-El was sent away to keep him from the fighting on krypton which then leads to kryptons destruction after he is gone.

I've been a defender of the merits of Flyby for a long time, so I wouldn't have the face to say a non-exploding Krypton would be a deal-breaker. Just like with Flyby, it would be a necessary development for the story they want to tell, and just like with Flyby, it wouldn't take away from the good stuff in the rest of the movie.

That being said, I hope they don't go for it.

There's a shot of a destroyed planet somewhere in the trailer, so I think the real question should be "How does Krypton explode, and why"?

It'd be interesting if we don't actually see the destruction of Krypton.

Think about it, Jor-El and Lara send Kal-El away to protect him, and then when Clark gives Dr. Hamilton the coordinates from the ship that brought him here he discovers that Krypton isn't there.

I was browsing through some New 52 comics in a bookstore one day and there was one panel that I really liked, showing a (I think) Hubble Telescope transmission of Krypton exploding. The scientist Superman was talking to said something to the extent of "For all intents and purposes, this is the day Krypton died."

Something like that in the film would work very well, I think, and keep the focus on Clark and his story.

It's destroyed.

There were some movie master figures of Superman, Jor-el and Zod that come right out and say so. Krypton is no more.

Agree with the above, it has to be, if you look at trailer 2 (SPOILERS) Lara-El is looking at an oncoming explosion, IMO its the planet exploding, I believe Jor-El sends Kal-el off planet knowing of the planets fate however it doesnt happen for a while, Zod is sentenced (he knows about Kal's escape) to the Phantom Zone, he escapes kills Jor-el (hence Lara looking at his suit) and heads to earth before the plant explodes

Krypton's fate confirmed?

SWjaA1g.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's Krypton.

I'm sure Krypton will be destroyed. Just because they don't show it in the trailer it doesn't mean it won't happen. You got to save some of those big money shots for the actual movie in the end.

Lara could be looking at Jor-el's armor before he puts it on to go into battle.

I'm sure Krypton will be destroyed. Just because they don't show it in the trailer it doesn't mean it won't happen. You got to save some of those big money shots for the actual movie in the end.

Lara could be looking at Jor-el's armor before he puts it on to go into battle.
And where ya gonna get kryptonite from? Gotta go Boom!

Yeah Krypton is gonna go BOOM!

Last edited:
DETAILS: Did you get to say "Kneel before Zod!"?
Michael Shannon: No. We went in a different direction.

DETAILS: Do you at least get to say it around the house?
Michael Shannon: No. I got my fill of General Zod. Maybe the whole movie will be playful or comical, but when I was doing it, it was very serious: My planet's destroyed, what am I gonna ****ing do?

Source

Pretty much confirmed at this point, no?

DETAILS: Did you get to say "Kneel before Zod!"?
Michael Shannon: No. We went in a different direction.

DETAILS: Do you at least get to say it around the house?
Michael Shannon: No. I got my fill of General Zod. Maybe the whole movie will be playful or comical, but when I was doing it, it was very serious: My planet's destroyed, what am I gonna ****ing do?

Source

Pretty much confirmed at this point, no?

Very much so lol

Lara is looking at Jor-El's armor because he was stabbed or shot I can't remember which. He was on a mission to retrieve the "Codex" whatever that is. He puts the Codex in the ship with Kal-El. I think the Codex might actually be the House of El Command Key

I am willing to make a bet with someone that people are taking the I will find him line out of context, I am 90% certain that Zod is referring to Jorel and not Kal.

After the new trailer shows how much of Earth One is potentially being used here, I wouldnt be surprised if Krypton met its fate like it did in the comic. The opening shot of the trailer shows there's some pretty huge battle going on, which plays right into an Earth One destruction scenario.

I can't believe this, among many other things, are still being discussed....come on people

mosg.gif

i was wondering what this battle was. tried posting the main thread but it is so full it gets lost.

i wondered if this was a battle to show zod as a general leading his troops. or it could be what leads to zod being sent to the phantom zone.

Who cares? It's not like people care about stuff like that anyway. We could have a Supergirl movie where she's the biological daughter of Johnathon and Martha Kent but since the couple was around Clark for so long, some of his powers were transferred into the baby, thus making her Supergirl. People would just defend it and tell you to shut and enjoy the movie.

Who cares? It's not like people care about stuff like that anyway. We could have a Supergirl movie where she's the biological daughter of Johnathon and Martha Kent but since the couple was around Clark for so long, some of his powers were transferred into the baby, thus making her Supergirl. People would just defend it and tell you to shut and enjoy the movie.

what???? uhhhhhh....hell no

abxYA1ZR.gif

that pic makes cavill look like bizarro

Krypton exploding is an integral part of the mythos for me and many, many others. I’m overconfident it is a given in MOS.

not blowing up krypton would have been a bit of a stretch but i hope they explore the planet before they blow it up.

Well we know the planet is destroyed so why is this thread still open?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"