Superman Returns What happened to the footage of KRYPTON?

B

BobbyinNashvill

I thought the scene where Kal-El returns to Krypton was supposed to be on the DVD. What happened?

It was never going to be on the DVD. At least not the first edition & sources say Singer has the footage locked up on a computer in a high tech security room that only he can enter it based on his DNA

:ninja:

singer holds a lot of stuff hostage in that room- like the full X2 gag reel. i suspect we may yet see it on the big screen

Jeez. Doesn't Warner's own copyright to the footage? They paid for it. Warner really needs to look at it's contracts they sign more. I can't believe they ggave away this much control. Why couldn't Donner have had this much control back in the day?

Why couldn't Donner have had this much control back in the day?
Because according to many sources, Alexander Salkind was being very difficult, and the studio was either too lazy or too stupid back then to intervene.

buggs0268 said:
Jeez. Doesn't Warner's own copyright to the footage? They paid for it. Warner really needs to look at it's contracts they sign more. I can't believe they ggave away this much control. Why couldn't Donner have had this much control back in the day?

You assume Warner wanted the RK sequence in the movie but Singer did not. Chances are things were exactly the other way round...

buggs0268 said:
Why couldn't Donner have had this much control back in the day?

In that era, it was still the producers who wielded the power the majority of the time.

I believe I read somewhere that Singer himself didn't want that footage to be released and gave some stupid reason. Artists....pft...go fig /shrug

-Raith

AsteroidMan said:
You assume Warner wanted the RK sequence in the movie but Singer did not. Chances are things were exactly the other way round...
Singer himself said he took it out after his family and friends showing. He was not forced by Warner's at all to take it out. He even said that Warner's did mandate anything to take out of the film, just that the running time needed to be take down from 3 hours. It is Singer who took it out and now Warner's. My point is that Warner's is the one who paid the bill, and it should be property of Warner Brothers, and not on Singers supid computer in his DNA room, if that is the case. Technically it is property of Warner Brother's. My post is regarding why is it on his stupid computer vault instead of in Warner Brothers stoage vault where they store all the negatives for all of their films.

He cut it for the run time, but he say's it has to be seen on the big screen, or not seen at all. So people are theorising it will be in SR2

yeah...I think it mught be put into SR2...but...there were a lot of things they could have cut from SR to fit that scene.

But I also think they'll re-release it in IMAX

Yeah he said it is meant to be shown in IMAx, which was stupid as it was alreay released in IMAX.

I bought the dvd thinking this deleted scene would be on here....whats the big deal anyway...it was cut from Singers theatrical vision...now lets have it on the dvd. Whats to be ashamed of? Heck it might even explain a little bit better just about all the footage used for Kent farm sequences...if Singer feels that it was all useless then no deleted scenes shoulda been on the dvd.

WTF, Singer can decide what gets put on the DVD and WB can't veto him???

buggs0268 said:
Singer himself said he took it out after his family and friends showing. He was not forced by Warner's at all to take it out. He even said that Warner's did mandate anything to take out of the film, just that the running time needed to be take down from 3 hours. It is Singer who took it out and now Warner's. My point is that Warner's is the one who paid the bill, and it should be property of Warner Brothers, and not on Singers supid computer in his DNA room, if that is the case. Technically it is property of Warner Brother's. My post is regarding why is it on his stupid computer vault instead of in Warner Brothers stoage vault where they store all the negatives for all of their films.

Once again, where's the evidence of this? Speculation does not count as any form of proof. Which, is what this purely is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"