Kurt Cobain Bio Pic

Alien Anal

Sidekick
Reaction score
I understand its not buzzing right now but last year there were rumors that Courtney Love would be making a Kurt Cobain bio pic

some said she wanted Ewan Mcgregor for the role, othesr said James Mcavoy had landed the part and there is even rumor that Heath Ledger was offered the role before his accidental death last year
kurt-cobain-photo.jpg

Ewan_McGregor.jpg

Im a pretty big NIRVANA fan and i respect the band members but im not one of those fans that think there should be no such film, i love movies and i love seeing real life people/situations recreated

my personal choice would be the Oh so obvious Joe Anderson
notcobain.jpg

(something i did quickly in photoshop)

AA

I'm not a really big fan of them but i do like a couple of thier songs. I'd see a movie about him.

Hell yeah! My favorite band! Michael Pitt was so good in Gus Van Sant's "Last Days"

as much as i hate how this guy is being suggested for just about every role in the world and i try to stay away from suggesting this guy for any role for that reason alone, but this is one role i think he would be great in...especially considering he already has experience with singing.

johnny_depp_37.jpg

it's a shame Heath is gone, cuz i think he would've made a great Kurt Cobain also.

Last edited:
I saw Velvet Goldmine recently and there were a couple of points in that movie where Ewan reminded me of Kurt Cobain. But he needs to get a LOT better at doing an American accent.

Really though, I'd like to see them do a biopic on ALL of the major grunge/alt bands of the early 90's. It would be a lot tougher to pull off, but a lot of those major acts had a history with one another and its a really interesting story. (For example, Smashing Pumpkins had somewhat of a tense rivalry with Nirvana, partially due to the fact that Billy Corgan used to tap Courtney Love). I also feel that Nirvana gets all of the credit for "alternative revolution" of that era when in actuality, there are a lot of other bands that were just as important.

i wish that this was actually in development

Doesn't Love try to cash off on the guy? Like printing his journals?

I wonder how they're going to film when Courtney shoots him in the face then sets it up to look like a suicide.

Kurt Cobain can suck it.
Nirvana sucks ass.
Only good thing to come out of it was the amazing Dave Grohl.

블라스;16220503 said:
Kurt Cobain can suck it.
Nirvana sucks ass.

If that's ur opinion, fine, that's one of those comments you should keep to yourself. The guy is dead, no need for you to say he sucks ass. Just because his music may not have impacted you doesn't give you the right to ridicule it.

Doesn't Love try to cash off on the guy? Like printing his journals?

Yes she's been living off his legacy since his death. It's her right, but I think she is trash.

I wonder how they're going to film when Courtney shoots him in the face then sets it up to look like a suicide.

Yea I've always wondered about Cobain's death too.

Anyways I thought this movie was in development with Gosling attached?

블라스;16220503 said:
Kurt Cobain can suck it.
Nirvana sucks ass.

Congrats, thats one of the most stupid comments I've read in quite a while... and on the hype, thats quite an accomplishment.

블라스;16220503 said:
Kurt Cobain can suck it.
Nirvana sucks ass.

Yeah, I agree with everyone else, this comment is wrong. Dave Grohl sucks just as much as Kurt Cobain. The only reason Nirvana is still even mentioned anymore is because Kurt shot himself.

y'all need to quit sippin' on the hate juice. Cobain and Nirvana were popular and significant even before Cobain killed himself.

This would have been a perfect role for Ledger. :csad:

Anyways I thought this movie was in development with Gosling attached?

As in Ryan Gosling? I could get behind that.

Wow that was an awful post. Nirvana changed music forever whether you realize it or not..

Heath Wouldve been perfect by the way...
RIP Heath, and RIP Kurt

as much as i hate how this guy is being suggested for just about every role in the world and i try to stay away from suggesting this guy for any role for that reason alone, but this is one role i think he would be great in...especially considering he already has experience with singing.

johnny_depp_37.jpg

it's a shame Heath is gone, cuz i think he would've made a great Kurt Cobain also.

Johnny Depp can play many people, but Kurt Cobain ain't one of them.

블라스;16220503 said:
Kurt Cobain can suck it.
Nirvana sucks ass.
The AMAZING Dave Grohl? You must be high as a kite.

Johnny Depp can play many people, but Kurt Cobain ain't one of them.

Agreed. And isnt Depp quite a bit older than Cobain was at the time of his death?

EDIT: I just checked and yes, Johnny is almost 20 years older than Cobain was when he died.

Last edited:
Ewan Mcgregor is a good choice, IMO.

Nirvana is defenitely an amazing badn, up there with Metallica, etc. Smells Like Teen Spirit is an incredible song.

y'all need to quit sippin' on the hate juice. Cobain and Nirvana were popular and significant even before Cobain killed himself.

I'm not hating, but at the same time, making comments like "Kurt Cobain sux ass" and what not is a little uncalled for. I look it at it as, the man is no longer alive, if you can't say anything nice about his accomplishments aside from the fact that he shot himself, don't say anything at all. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but 블라스 post was a little harsh.

I'm not hating, but at the same time, making comments like "Kurt Cobain sux ass" and what not is a little uncalled for. I look it at it as, the man is no longer alive, if you can't say anything nice about his accomplishments aside from the fact that he shot himself, don't say anything at all. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but 블라스 post was a little harsh.

By that same logic I shouldn't be able to say anything bad about Hitler. Just because someone is dead doesn't mean a person can't like or dislike what they've done. You like Nirvana and that's cool, I personally think they're kind of crap and wouldn't be as popular today if Kurt had not killed himself. As you said, everyone is entitled to their opinion and they are also entitled to state that opinion.

블라스;16220503 said:
Kurt Cobain can suck it.
Nirvana sucks ass.

Ah yes, where would music be without the two-chord melodies, off-key singing and simplistic drumming of the brilliant Dave Grohl?

I would really love it if this movie got a similar treatment to the film Im Not There

Another way i think it could be great is if they did it in Rotoscope and got Richard Linklater to direct it.

that way they could make all the actors spot on, plus i think it could make for some really cool drug sequences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"