The Dark Knight Lack of Joker-related "mass" swag

Afrigginhobbit

Esteban Was Eaten!
Reaction score
Anyone else notice, now that the virals are over, that we really didnt recieve any widely given out Joker swag? Most of it was like the phones, cards, bowling balls, and those much sought after masks only few recieved. I was hoping since we got those masks they would be the ultimate "end" reward for doing all the virals and such, so i'll just keep on hopin!! By mass swag i of course mean things like the gotham times, harvey dent campaign kits, and CFB swag boxes.

Maybe it's just me really wanting one of those damn masks hahahaha.

EDIT: dont get my wrong, im in no way bashing, QQing, or otherwise thinking lesser of the virals. Theyve been AMAZING and ive followed since the IBIHDT start.

Anyone else notice, now that the virals are over, that we really didnt recieve any widely given out Joker swag? Most of it was like the phones, cards, bowling balls, and those much sought after masks only few recieved. I was hoping since we got those masks they would be the ultimate "end" reward for doing all the virals and such, so i'll just keep on hopin!! By mass swag i of course mean things like the gotham times, harvey dent campaign kits, and CFB swag boxes.

Maybe it's just me really wanting one of those damn masks hahahaha.

EDIT: dont get my wrong, im in no way bashing, QQing, or otherwise thinking lesser of the virals. Theyve been AMAZING and ive followed since the IBIHDT start.

Everyone wants something from the Joker. That's no secret. And it certainly hasn't been lost on 42e. Masks are probably out of the question. But I don't think 42 would leave us hanging. Then again, maybe they would. Who Knows?

One thing I'd be willing to bet, despite what happened last night: The virals are definitely not over. The film isn't out. And the calls are coming in. We'll see.

-WsS?

Maybe all the viral sites get replaced with a Green question Marrk?

Hey, there could be Joker Swag at the kicking and screening showing.

Hey, there could be Joker Swag at the kicking and screening showing.

And not all of us can make it to the screenings. So that wouldn't make it any different than the previous gatherings where Joker swag was given out. The topic creator is talking about Joker swag being mailed out. Not handed out.

-WsS?

And not all of us can make it to the screenings. So that wouldn't make it any different than the previous gatherings where Joker swag was given out. The topic creator is talking about Joker swag being mailed out. Not handed out.

-WsS?

Oh oh oh, Whoops. Wasn't thinking.

Maybe they haven't been mailed out because it wouldn't fit into the persona of the Joker? Yeah, I'm reaching but I agree that they're definitely not over

Maybe all the viral sites get replaced with a Green question Marrk?

What good would that do? Riddler is no where near this film, unless you are refering to something else.

It'd be cool to get Joker Vandalized goods, and cards in the mail. o:

What good would that do? Riddler is no where near this film, unless you are refering to something else.

He's just offering up theories about maybe the virals continuing into the next film. Basically commenting on my saying the virals aren't over. Though honestly, I don't think that'll be the case. They will end. And since they aren't anywhere near starting a third film, I don't think they'd continue into the next film. Besides, we need a break. So does 42e, I'd imagine.

-WsS?

After Heath Ledger died they moved away from direct Joker and to Dent and CFB

After Heath Ledger died they moved away from direct Joker and to Dent and CFB

No they didn't. There was a question as to whether or not the marketing would be shifted towards another character, due to how heavily it related to the Joker. But it never did. They decided to move forward with it, to honor his final performance. So Ledger's death ultimately has no relevance to this discussion.

-WsS?

It is still possible we gould get some stuff at the Early Screenings. The Joker set those up so we could still get something from him like Masks, or at least cards.

It is still possible we gould get some stuff at the Early Screenings. The Joker set those up so we could still get something from him like Masks, or at least cards.

And like I already said:

-WsS?

-WsS?

Yeah, I was a little downtrodden that I didn't receive much.

Living in Perth is a pain in the neck.

I think a card would be nice though. One that won't get released anywhere else.

Gotham Times #4, relating the robbery and directly addressing the Joker threat.

No they didn't. There was a question as to whether or not the marketing would be shifted towards another character, due to how heavily it related to the Joker. But it never did. They decided to move forward with it, to honor his final performance. So Ledger's death ultimately has no relevance to this discussion.

-WsS?

nope, look at the Dark Knight wikipedia entry and down to promotions

nope, look at the Dark Knight wikipedia entry and down to promotions

From the Times:

Actor Heath Ledger as The Joker in a scene from "The Dark Knight." Posthumous films have long been part of Hollywood, but the next Batman adventure arguably is the most high-profile film yet to feature a recently deceased actor in a major role. Filmmakers say the approach they're taking to the movie and its marketing has not budged since Ledger's death. (AP Photo/Warner Bros., Stephen Vaughan)

Whether or not there's more joker swag, I'll definently be buying goon masks once they're mass produced

Who knows they might mention him like they did with the joker in BB

Who knows they might mention him like they did with the joker in BB
thats different, if they do it in this movie, that implies a 3rd movie in the series with the riddler, unlike in bb where it was just a reference to Batman (1992)

Guys, they still have our addresses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"