The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight sequel with Black Mask and Joker - Trailer transcript.

TheBateman

Civilian
Reaction score
I recently came across a website that played with the idea of having a written trailer transcript of a possible 3rd Batman film from the Nolan franchise - while there were some truly horrible pieces of writing there were several that were absolutely pitch perfect and brilliant - here's the one that received the most attention - submitted by WhySoCerial. In a perfect world imagining Heath Ledger's Joker as the supporting villain and whomever playing BLACK MASK utter these lines is spine tingling. You're all creative people - let's keep these going.

Trailer Description 1: Villain: BLACK MASK/ JOKER

Shock Cut To: The dawn of a new day paints a foreboding and menacing picture over a canvas of Gotham City.

UNKNOWN MALE NEWS REPORTER V.O
"When are these people going to realize that Gotham's finest aren't willing to risk an ongoing confrontation ---

CUT TO: Reporter on TV continued...

UNKNOWN MALE NEWS REPORTER V.O
---"...The likelyhood of which could ultimately lead to further violence and acts of unprincipled dictatorship provided so frequently by these mindless bigwigs."

SHOCK CUT TO: A handful of criminals shatter the window at a Gotham Central street shop --- Police cars race through the streets --- CUT TO:

COMMISSIONER GORDON, assisted with officers, steps out of his cruiser and glances down the street at police officers fending off a swarm of rioters and looters -- sirens blaring.

UNKNOWN MALE TALK SHOW HOST V.O
"The police are doing what they do best, it's just unfortunate that I'm not talking about serving and protecting."

CUT TO: Two elderly men in suits on the television converse on a local talk show.

ELDERLY MAN
"Perhaps what we should be asking is - was Gotham better off in the hands of a silent protector?"

FADE OUT FADE IN TO:

Gotham City Skyscraper Rooftop: The Dark Knight in shadow peers into the streets of his territory - his cape blowing in the wind like the flag of an unsung patriot.

A soft, whispering voice over ---

BATMAN V.O
"I've seen the likes of all those that take life for granted..."

CUT TO: The Dark Knight speaking to someone off screen in a gloomy, unfinished, Wayne Manor --- He turns to look at the person.

BATMAN
"But it's just what I've become."

CUT TO: Bruce Wayne glancing at himself in a mirror in an executives office.

BATMAN V.O
"A shadow of something that people long to forget."

BACK CUT TO: WAYNE MANOR

Alfred approaching.

ALFRED
"This city was founded on the ideas and illusions of integrity..."

CUT TO: Bigwig politicians in expensive looking suits march down a brightly lit hallway in Gotham Tower.

ALFRED V.O
"There's only so much one man can do on his own..."

SHOCK CUT TO: Gangsters shooting up a restaurant.

FADE OUT

BLACK MASK lighting up a cigarette in a grungy looking bar, accompanied by a handful of goons.

BLACK MASK V.O
"A negative light has focused on my profiled career. I've never believed that what I am or what I do be exploited..."

CUT TO: A politician speaks formally to a crowd of reporters and citizens outside city hall.

EISENMAN
"We still feel strongly that this liability stands within the basic principles of moral obligation..."

CUT TO: BLACK MASK looking down at someone off screen and then lighting up a cigarette.

BLACK MASK V.O
"...I've always felt that the people behind this business are vulnerable, especially when things go bad."

CUT TO: Gangster and Black Mask walking through a fancy looking theater hall with graffiti all over the walls- in the narrows.

GANGSTER
"You really think this is a good idea with that freak running around out there?"

BLACK MASK
"I'm sure they'll figure out that I'm a little less than optimistic of his return."

SHOCK CUT TO: Police cruiser exploding.

FADE IN: COMMISSIONER GORDON walking out of city hall.

OFFICER 1 V.O
"Ennis Carbry, the gangster from uptown right? You think he's involved somehow with these men?"

CUT TO: GORDON speaking to the officer behind a police cruiser.

GORDON
"Wouldn't surprise me - and they've made sure we know about it."

OFFICER 1
"What about the Batman?"

CUT TO: BATMAN throwing a man through a window.

CUT TO: Gordon speaking to officer.

GORDON
"Months of cat and mouse and he still wants to show his (pause)... mask..."

CUT TO:

BATMAN leaning over evidence at an empty crime scene.

GORDON V.O
"We didn't ask for his help nor does he want us to..."

CUT TO: ENNIS CARBRY sitting at a table with BLACK MASK.

ENNIS CARBRY
"Transport coverage is a go and our buyers are just like kids in a candy store. I think you can appreciate now why it was a good idea to wait."

CUT TO: WAREHOUSE manufacturers shipping boxes with a bizarre symbol on the sides.

BACK CUT TO: BLACK MASK looking out the window.

A building is in a blaze of fire - the ashes fall onto the streets.

BLACK MASK V.O
"And I thought I've seen everything..."

BLACK MASK C.U
..."Snow in July."

CUT TO: BRUCE WAYNE and ALFRED going through paperwork and files.

BRUCE WAYNE
"They're pushing them all out..."

CUT TO:
Businessmen, politicians, councellors, judges are seen being arrested or killed...

BRUCE WAYNE V.O
"One at a time."

CUT TO BRIGHTLY LIT OFFICE: GORDON and few superiors are interrogating a man in a suit.

GORDON
"We've got layers of posession charges, illegal gambling, theft and assault. You can see that these things have added up. Now this could be a free ride or it could be an inconvenience to you. A four year inconvenience...It's simple - tell us what we want to know."

CRIMINAL
"And just as simple I could lay a bullet in your head."

CUT TO: ARKHAM ASYLUM
JOKER shaking his head and speaking to someone off screen from his cell.

JOKER
"Isn't it just like that man to cause a fuss?"

CUT TO: BATMAN listening in on something with his equipment.

JOKER V.O
"You’ve broke the cardinal rule. You’re looking for answers in a place that thieves men of their ambition. They see what you see. They soak in their own desperation..."

CUT TO:

NUMEROUS ACTION SHOTS.

BRUCE WAYNE V.O
"I can’t make assumptions about the people of Gotham. They see it every day. On the streets, in their homes, like a plague. I cannot single handedly repress the criminal organizations but justice does exist and it will be realized.”

Last edited:
Skeptical of what?! The fact that you're intelligent?

Last edited:
I'm sorry - I guess I didn't make this clear enough in my first post - THESE ARE FAN MADE TRAILER DESCRIPTIONS/TRANSCRIPTS. I thought that was obvious since the movie isn't in production and is essentially non-existant.

I'm sorry - I guess I didn't make this clear enough in my first post - THESE ARE FAN MADE TRAILER DESCRIPTIONS/TRANSCRIPTS. I thought that was obvious since the movie isn't in production and is essentially non-existant.

No, you were clear. Some good stuff in there.

I didn't really like it. And to me it was clear you weren't trying to say it was a genuine transcript, but then again you edited your post so I don't know what it was like originally.

Also I'm surprised a certain someone isn't here yet saying this belongs in the Fan Fiction board. :rolleyes:

Double post.

Last edited:
There's that "cardinal rule" quote again! Who writes this stuff? :woot:

After reading it, it seems like the writer is trying too hard to seem intelligent and sophisticated.

Also, I'm with Jow. Enough with the Black Mask crap already. He will not show up in any Nolan film, period.

lol there was a HUGE disparity in clarity from the first post... and the now 'edited' post

the 2nd poster is absolutely right

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"