Lee Confirms Cameo

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
from the main page:
Stan Lee Confirms Thor Cameo

Source:Stan Lee

December 6, 2009

Stan Lee confirmed today via his Twitter account that he will have a cameo role in Thor. You can read his amusing tweets below...

Hey, I got an email from the multu-talented director of Thor, Kenneth Branagh. Not enough space left to tell what he said-- stay tuned--

Kenneth Branagh (of course I call him "Ken!") said my cameo's set for the upcoming Thor movie. --To him, it's a cameo, to me-- it's a ROLE!

I went easy on Ken Branagh when we discussed my role in Thor. Told him I wouldn't insist on my name above the title, I think he was grateful

Yeah, I mentioned Ken Banagh a few times, but I warned you I was a name driopper. Seriously tho', with him directing, Thor's a sure winner

Of course, my previous tweet revealed the extent of my innate modesty. I really wanted to add "With me doing a cameo, Thor's a sure winner"

Can't tweet anymore. Due to Thor, I must start rehearsing my thee's and thou's. So, if thou objecteth not, I wish thee well! 'Nuff saideth

Auditions are starting this week for the movie, with filming to start in January. Opening in theaters on May 20, 2011, the adaptation stars Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Jaimie Alexander, Colm Feore, Samuel L. Jackson, Stellan Skarsgard, Stuart Townsend, Ray Stevenson, Tadanobu Asano, Idris Elba and Kat Dennings.

the news was already posted last night over in one of the other threads. Though i cant wait to see what his thor cameo will be.

I'm not too surprised that he has a cameo. Oddly enough, my first thought when I read this was "Stan Lee on Twitter?? How can he limit himself to 140 characters at a time?"

So I looked at his Twitter page. He's tweets like a machine gun, rapid fire one after another after another.

Gotta love the man. :woot: And this is coming from a longtime DC reader.

I'm thinking he was saying he needed to prepare Mike.

from fanboy:

Spoilers Warning -

Thor’s hammer ( Mjolnir ) is found in the middle of a road somewhere inside a crater by the army. The Army try’s to remove it but can’t because it’s way too heavy. They decide to bring in a truck to help. The army men tie Thor’s hammer to the back of the truck with chains hoping to pull it of the road. The truck driver accelerates to pull the Hammer. The back half of the truck falls apart from the front and the front keeps going. Finally,there’s a focus on the driver it reviled to be Comic Legion Stan Lee.
- End Spoilers

SWEET there using the newer return story to a point.

from fanboy:

Spoilers Warning -

Thor’s hammer ( Mjolnir ) is found in the middle of a road somewhere inside a crater by the army. The Army try’s to remove it but can’t because it’s way too heavy. They decide to bring in a truck to help. The army men tie Thor’s hammer to the back of the truck with chains hoping to pull it of the road. The truck driver accelerates to pull the Hammer. The back half of the truck falls apart from the front and the front keeps going. Finally,there’s a focus on the driver it reviled to be Comic Legion Stan Lee.
- End Spoilers

That would be cool. But who's the source? Can we trust it?

Who would be so hateful to revile a legion of Stan Lees?

strange%20hammer.2.jpg
moz-screenshot-10.png
moz-screenshot-11.png

if that is his cameo sounds like a fun one. Though i thought i recall reading he did his cameo while they were still doing the studio work so i was thinking he would have been an asgardian character.

I'm confused. So is this cameo for real? If so, its the best of any marvel movie to date, imo.

yea it could be his cameo or its just bull. For me though at the time lee confirmed he did his cameo i believe they were still doing studio work on the film which we know is mostly asgard stuff so i was thinking he might be soem asgardian character. But the whole truck/hammer scene does sound like a funny lee cameo.

I'm looking forward to Stan's facial expression when that back half of the truck falls apart.

yup its always fun to see what his role is in any of the marvel movies he does have a cameo in.

yea it could be his cameo or its just bull. For me though at the time lee confirmed he did his cameo i believe they were still doing studio work on the film which we know is mostly asgard stuff so i was thinking he might be soem asgardian character. But the whole truck/hammer scene does sound like a funny lee cameo.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Stan was definitely not playing a God. Might have been on the SHH front page, actually...

well i didnt mean he is playing a god if he did do cameo in asgard. Maybe there is no powered characters/people in asgard we dont know for the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"