Sequels Legion of Super-Heroes

batlovescatDC

Tragic Love
Reaction score
Have any of you watched the cartoon "Legion of Superheroes" on Kid's WB? It features Superman and a heroic version of Brainiac... We get to see Superman getting used to his powers. I guess Clark went into the future or something like that (the series takes place in the future) and he's staying there for a while he so can get to see "Future Metropolis" and get used to his powers. He's a much younger Superman... probably like 21-23.

It's not exactly what I was hoping for... I would rather have a new Superman series. Superman is the leading character in this, though... the title of the show actually bares the "S" symbol. It's an alright show... enough to hold me over until the next Superman movie (be it a sequel to S.R. or whatever).

For those of you who wanna check it out it comes on the Kid's WB at 10:00 right b4 "The Batman".

The comic series is far superior than this cheap knockoff.
and Clark is like 15 or 16 in the cartoon. You gotta be a teenager or just a bit older to be in the Legion.

HOT RUMOR: Warners Looking To Put 'Legion Of Superheroes' Into Development!
El Mayimbe said:
With Guardians Of The Galaxy on the cusp of earning $300 million domestically and becoming this year's top box office hit, what is DC's counter-strategy? Do they have their own version of a hero team in space? The answer is YES!

According to sources, Warners is quietly sending out the DC comic book Legion Of Superheroes to screenwriters & their reps for takes. For non-industry folks, what that means is that screenwriters check out the comic book and come up for a movie idea involving the characters from that comic. Those writers then go to the studio to pitch their idea. The studio then hires the screenwriter they feel has the best idea or take for the film.

Is Legion Of Superheroes part of the unannounced nine upcoming DC films Warners is planning? Not sure. With Guardians Of The Galaxy officially making more money domestically than Man Of Steel it's probably under strong consideration. Post Guardians Of The Galaxy, studios are hot for space properties. Disney not only has Guardians Of The Galaxy, but the rumored Inhumans under the Marvel banner. Let's also not forget the upcoming Star Wars films. Fox got Avatar sequels in the pipeline and Paramount got the upcoming Interstellar.

Created by Otto Binder, The Legion Of Superheroes is a superhero team set in the 30th and 31st centuries. The Legion first made their appearance in Adventure Comics #247 which debuted in April of 1958.

Have any of you watched the cartoon "Legion of Superheroes" on Kid's WB? It features Superman and a heroic version of Brainiac... We get to see Superman getting used to his powers. I guess Clark went into the future or something like that (the series takes place in the future) and he's staying there for a while he so can get to see "Future Metropolis" and get used to his powers. He's a much younger Superman... probably like 21-23.

It's not exactly what I was hoping for... I would rather have a new Superman series. Superman is the leading character in this, though... the title of the show actually bares the "S" symbol. It's an alright show... enough to hold me over until the next Superman movie (be it a sequel to S.R. or whatever).

For those of you who wanna check it out it comes on the Kid's WB at 10:00 right b4 "The Batman".

I remember that show, you're correct it was a superman show with the LOSH thrown in for good measure.
The producers talked about the development of the show and how WB wanted a superman animated series to coincide with Superman Returns but they wanted superman to be really young so show could also have a "smallville" feel to it.
In the end they end up turning the show into superboy and the LOSH because they needed superman's presence to also introduce the Legion and apparently the reason why 'superman' or 'superboy' weren't placed in the title was because the superman legal battle was raging on at the time.

Personally I remember really looking forward to the show, even more so than another Superman solo, since it we've never seen this aspect of the superman mythos touched on in the media but alas the show was a missed opportunity overall and was rightfully canceled early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"