Lego Batman 2?

Playing as Superman is a lot of fun. I do find it frustrating when vehicles or lego men get stuck in the most annoying places.

I'm more of a Marvel fan myself but have no interest in the Spider-man game. I find Lego Batman 2 to be very fun. Especially to play with the wife and child.

Precisely why I'm going to rent this one. It looks very unique for a LEGO game and adds some firsts for videos games as a whole. (Free roam Gotham...good Superman experience...)
Yeah, the first time I drove with the Batmobile, I couldn't help but feel feel like this is exactly what Arkham fans have been asking for.

But I'm curious to see that other open world game they previewed at E3. I'm interested to see what they do with an original story an not some existing franchise.

Playing as Superman is a lot of fun. I do find it frustrating when vehicles or lego men get stuck in the most annoying places.
I love Superman, but I gotta admit, the flight controls are pretty bad. It's really hard to move once you're in the air, like when you're trying to get gold bricks from the statues.

I'm more of a Marvel fan myself but have no interest in the Spider-man game. I find Lego Batman 2 to be very fun. Especially to play with the wife and child.
I'm renting that too because Spider-Man games haven't been that great lately, but it looks like it could be the best game since Spider-Man 2 if it's done right. And given that its not based on the film, but more of a continuation of it, I think it might be good.

Yea I'm not a huge fan of the flight controls but I got the hang of it eventually. Hawkman is my favorite, he's a Badass. I loved Ra's quote from BB when you go fight him and that Mr. Freeze is the Ahnold Freeze

Ahnold Freeze? Neesons Ras? I like that. See, I think the voice acting opens up a whole new world of taking the piss in these games. Some people thing the games aren't different enough, personally, if TT would just make a commitment to good, online co-op, then I would have no complaints at all. My buddy and I love hundred percenting these games. It's the closest thing the xbox seems to have to a Banjo Kazooie game or an old Mario game, funny, charming for 'everyone' game FILLED with collectibles for OCD gamers like me, with the added bonus of being based on some of my favourite franchises.

i was hoping some of the heroes/villains would do more than they do. like gl and sinestro for instance. would have been nice if their punches were replaced with construct hands. gl does do a construct slam attack but nothing else. the circle button would have been a good shield bubble or another construct attack. right now gl only flies and is needed to build the green blocks which turn into constructs but you don't control them at all. would be cool if you could lift stuff or enemies in flight. like maybe gl can pull people in the air and have them in a stasis field till you drop them.

i was really hoping the martian manhunter was gonna be another character that turns invisible, right now only the bat suit can do it. also i was hoping he would turn into a ball and take the place of robins suit. one or the other atleast. alot of these characters have no circle attacks, and some of the ones who did have an attack in the first game now don't have them anymore.

i am happy we got all these characters but they do need some tweeking here and there. i mean shazam doesn't even say shazam or change, i know it would be useless to turn little, but would still have been cool to see the lightning come down and do an aoe.

anyone got the villain pack, what powers do they have and what can they do exactly.

i do like the game but it is really short, like 1 day to finish it and maybe 2 more to get 175 bricks for all but one character. so maybe in all it takes a 5 days to finish the game.

also the build a character doesn't let you make a superhero only look like one, you get no super powers, can't fly or run fast.

but yea the game is fun and i am waiting for the villain pack to become available on psn.

I couldn't have said it better. A lot of those issues are the same ones I had with the game. I was disappointed by the lack of a second move too, as well as the Martian Manhunter's inability to turn invisible. And I was hoping that I could create my own superhero and have a custom power set, but the most they gave was a choice of weapons, but no powers.

And yeah, I got the game Wednesday afternoon and finished the story mode that night, and spent the next two days getting the rest of the gold bricks and trophies. I liked that it was an easy platinum, but after at a certain point, I was just grinding through it to finish everything so that I could send it back because there wasn't really much else to do once all the novelties wore off.

just got this. alr looks super cool. cant wait to unlock Superman.

i was hoping some of the heroes/villains would do more than they do. like gl and sinestro for instance. would have been nice if their punches were replaced with construct hands. gl does do a construct slam attack but nothing else. the circle button would have been a good shield bubble or another construct attack. right now gl only flies and is needed to build the green blocks which turn into constructs but you don't control them at all. would be cool if you could lift stuff or enemies in flight. like maybe gl can pull people in the air and have them in a stasis field till you drop them.

i was really hoping the martian manhunter was gonna be another character that turns invisible, right now only the bat suit can do it. also i was hoping he would turn into a ball and take the place of robins suit. one or the other atleast. alot of these characters have no circle attacks, and some of the ones who did have an attack in the first game now don't have them anymore.

i am happy we got all these characters but they do need some tweeking here and there. i mean shazam doesn't even say shazam or change, i know it would be useless to turn little, but would still have been cool to see the lightning come down and do an aoe.

anyone got the villain pack, what powers do they have and what can they do exactly.

i do like the game but it is really short, like 1 day to finish it and maybe 2 more to get 175 bricks for all but one character. so maybe in all it takes a 5 days to finish the game.

also the build a character doesn't let you make a superhero only look like one, you get no super powers, can't fly or run fast.

but yea the game is fun and i am waiting for the villain pack to become available on psn.

I have the villains and hero packs. Bizarro is basically an ugly Superman, Black Manta has laser vision, Black Adam can fly and shoots electricity from his body. Haven't tried Grodd or Captain Cold. Nightwing and Damien play like Robin. Shazam is like Superman. Haven't tried Zatanna or Katana.

Just finished the story today. Fun game. Now to hunt stuff down.

Fun game. I agree with whats been said about some characters. Poison Ivy is a big step back from Lego Batman imo, her special move is a whip?! Unoriginal! They should have stuck with her poison kiss from the first game.

its a fun game but damn is the story mode short, when i seen the
brianiac
movie it thought ok the next chapter but nope thats it

the open world is great but truthfully now i've got a few of x studs red bricks there isn't really a challenge anymore

The more characters I unlock the more disappointed I am in this game. Penguin, Poison Ivy, Riddler - all downgrades of themselves in Lego Batman.

I was upset because there was no Green Arrow. I heard he would be in the DLC, but I already sent the game back so I won't be finding out.

I have the villains and hero packs. Bizarro is basically an ugly Superman, Black Manta has laser vision, Black Adam can fly and shoots electricity from his body. Haven't tried Grodd or Captain Cold. Nightwing and Damien play like Robin. Shazam is like Superman. Haven't tried Zatanna or Katana.

Just finished the story today. Fun game. Now to hunt stuff down.

Thanks for the info.

Just 100% and Platinumed this today. I really enjoyed it, but I'm not sure how long it will be until I replay it, IF I do.

There were a few things that bugged me a lot. Vehicles getting stuck, or losing control, for no real reason.
The thing that bugged me the most was definitely the AI controlling the other character. During the first playthrough it was fine, but it was during Free Play that they drove me crazy.

Overall though, I did love this game.

aw man, I completed the game. No fair, only got to use the rest of the characters at the last 2 stage. Whats there to do other than collecting gold bricks and getting all the unlockable characters?

Also did the last scene with Brainiac telling us the next dc lego game involving him? I hope so.

Question is this film going to be a direct copy of the cutscenes from the game made into a movie or is this an original story?

LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite
30vy6na.jpg

The trailer was nothing but cutscenes from the game

I don't have a Blu-ray player, but I'd buy that for the figure alone :D

The cutscenes combined aren't that long, so I'm assuming they added some more short ones to fill in the missing gaps and they released the trailer early with game scenes just to begin the marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"