The Dark Knight Lesser known Characters Casting.....

Anjow1060

Rattling the cage
Reaction score
Ok ok, so we've had all the "Villan" casting threads and even some other characters that are lower rank on the scale, however, when i was looking at a thread today about Black Mask I got to thinking, if he's in this, who's to say some other lower than main stream characters can't find their ways into the sequals, this is not so much a "Who should be cast" thread, but more of a "I'd love for ________ to play this person". Heres a list of characters for you to go by:

Vesper Fairchild:
Dr. Shondra Kinsolving:
Vicky Vale:
Kathy Kane:
Silver St. Cloud:
Julie Madison"
Barbara Gordan (Gordan's wife):
Barbara Gordan (Daughter):
James Gordan Jr:
Det. Montoya:
Det. Crispus Allen:
Harold:
Stephanie Brown/Spoiler:
Cassandra Cain:
Jean Paul Valley/Azrael:
Huntress:
Nora Fries:
Trogg:
Zombie:
Bird:
Lady Shiva:
Matt Hagen/Clayface:
Firefly:
Killer Croc:
Hugo Strange:
Maxie Zeus:
(and the best for last) Hush:

Anjow1060 said:
Ok ok, so we've had all the "Villan" casting threads and even some other characters that are lower rank on the scale, however, when i was looking at a thread today about Black Mask I got to thinking, if he's in this, who's to say some other lower than main stream characters can't find their ways into the sequals, this is not so much a "Who should be cast" thread, but more of a "I'd love for ________ to play this person". Heres a list of characters for you to go by:

Meh.

Vesper Fairchild: Nobody.
Dr. Shondra Kinsolving: Nobody.
Vicky Vale: Doesn't really matter, she's a ****.
Kathy Kane: Nobody.
Silver St. Cloud: Doesn't really matter, she's a ****.
Julie Madison" Nobody.
Barbara Gordan (Gordan's wife): I don't have any suggestions, but this one I'm actually curious about. :up:
Barbara Gordan (Daughter): She's his neice, actually. Bryce Dallas Howard. Hot redheads are hard to come by.
James Gordan Jr: He's a baby, who gives a damn?
Det. Montoya: Nobody
Det. Crispus Allen: Nobody
Harold:Nobody
Stephanie Brown/Spoiler:Nobody
Cassandra Cain:Nobody
Jean Paul Valley/Azrael: ABSOLUTELY NOBODY.
Huntress: Nobody
Nora Fries: Doesn't matter, she's a popsicle.
Trogg: Nobody
Zombie: Nobody
Bird: Nobody
Lady Shiva: Nobody
Matt Hagen/Clayface: Jake Gyllenhaal.
Firefly: Nobody
Killer Croc: Tony Todd.
Hugo Strange: John Malkovich, maybe?
Maxie Zeus: Oh, please.
(and the best for last) Hush:Hell no. :down

Anjow1060 said:
whaaaaaaaaa no Hush?

Pfffft.

Maybe in 20 years if the character has become iconic. As it stands there won't be that many films and only the best characters should be used. Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul are a terriffic start. Joker and Two-Face sound like an excellent follow-up. I've always liked Clayface and Killer Croc. Catwoman is good, Penguin is good... I think Freeze is good but Warners need a whoooooole lotta gone between them and "Batman & Robin" before they touch that again. Likewise Poison Ivy. And much like Hush, Bane is simply not important enough, either.

eh, can't go along with you on that. Granted he bounced back from it, but Bane did break the man's back. Poison Ivy I agree with totally. I really don't see a need for her at all as nothing she does reflects back into Bruce/batman's character development. Mr. Freeze should be done right as a much more tragic character. I always pictured it going down like in BTAS and in the end of the movie, end it like it was in Batman Beyond where Terry tried to save him and Victor had been used and discarded like nothing over and over and with his last dying words looked up at Batman and said "Believe me, you're the only one who cares." Thats really tragic if u ask me.

I love Freeze, but his time is no where near here. Save him for a long time down the road. That way no one will think Arnold or B&R

eh, i think after 2 more batfilms we'll be ready. Cuz honestly, who's a potential villan for 4? The main baddie? Honestly, V & Scarface should be shoved in with two face, the riddler doesn't have much story potential for affecting character development in Batman/bruce, poison ivy....just no. Honestly, who else has the character development power that Freeze does?

Anjow1060 said:
eh, can't go along with you on that. Granted he bounced back from it, but Bane did break the man's back.

That doesn't make Bane important, at least not for the right reasons. He did something none of Batman's other foes ever did. To me that makes him, honestly, too powerful. For 54 years nobody could stop Batman, then one day they call some jackass from a third-world country with a steroid needle permanently up his butt and he flies in and breaks Batman's back? I'm sorry, but that's just crap. If somebody's gonna engineer Batman's demise it better be Joker. Nobody else has the RIGHT.

Mr. Freeze should be done right as a much more tragic character. I always pictured it going down like in BTAS and in the end of the movie, end it like it was in Batman Beyond where Terry tried to save him and Victor had been used and discarded like nothing over and over and with his last dying words looked up at Batman and said "Believe me, you're the only one who cares." Thats really tragic if u ask me.

Yeah, I know, Freeze is great. What's funny is he sucked until Paul Dini got a hold of him. I want to see him done that well, on film, but I think it's just waaaay too soon at this juncture.

I know God Bless Paul Dini & Bruce Timm.

W/o them there'd be no good freeze, no harley. Or that great creation called..........BTAS.

^Very true.

Joker: Crispin Glover
Harley Quinn: Lea Thompson(you know why ;) )
Killer Croc: Kevin Nash
Freeze: Vin Diesel
Vicky Vale: Uma Thurman
James Gordan Jr: Christian Cage
Huntress: Judy Dench
Hugo Strange: Steve Spielberg
Zombie: Billy Zane
Kathy Kane: Oprah Winfry
Harold: Nic Cage
Firefly: Triple H
Trogg: Toby McGuire
Det. Montoya: Pierce Brosnan

If only I had creative control over this movie....if only...

Keyser Sushi said:
That doesn't make Bane important, at least not for the right reasons. He did something none of Batman's other foes ever did. To me that makes him, honestly, too powerful. For 54 years nobody could stop Batman, then one day they call some jackass from a third-world country with a steroid needle permanently up his butt and he flies in and breaks Batman's back? I'm sorry, but that's just crap. If somebody's gonna engineer Batman's demise it better be Joker. Nobody else has the RIGHT.

EXACTLY! Thats the point. Bane is a straight up cheater. And it would tie into the fact of Batman has lines he won't cross where as his foes will. And sometimes crossing the lines helps people win. Cheaters do succeed in the world. Which is why I'd allow for an older early twenties robin, gordan and Catwoman to come to his aid and give him some help. Out number bane and take him down. The cheat on their own terms without crossing Batman's lines that he's drawn for himself.

I personally think they should recast Gordon and give the role back to the fat guy that played him in Batman & Robin and the others.

Mr. Socko said:
I personally think they should recast Gordon and give the role back to the fat guy that played him in Batman & Robin and the others.

Vicky Vale: You must be joking.......

As far as your casting goes, I'd want someone a lil more downbeat for freeze. Something about Vin Diesal dying....doesn't make me wana cry. I wana cry for freeze and wimper like a little baby when he bites the dust. If Vin Diesal dies......i'll roll my eyes and call my friend in the stockmarket to tell him steroid sales will be going down.

Ok, Linda McMahon can be Vicky Vale...

but:

Joker: Crispin Glover
Harley Quinn: Lea Thompson

are a must!

YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Complements of Vince "no chance" McMahon

I always really liked Dr. Hugo Strange: Here is my casting choice:
dannflorek_svu_240_002.jpg

Dann Florek (Law and Order, Law and Order SVU)

Hush is also a fav of mine (or atleast the Loeb Hush) - and if he is not chosen for Black Mask, I would really really like Jake Gyllenhaal. He looks nothing like the comic version - but who the hell cares, I could see him easily as a Dark Bruce Wayne (why I like him for Black Mask) and I think that is the key to the character.

The problem with Crispin Clover as the Joker is that he really is the way that he acts like in his movie a very insecure, shy and just weird person. I don't really think he is that great of an actor either. he does have a bit of the facial characteristics but he's to tall and gangly. But aparently he is going to play Grendel from Beowulf. Adrien Brody is a better choice for Joker, and deserves more recognition.

Gordon's wife was cast in Begins so I expect her to return.

Vicky Vale: Isla Fisher
Silver St. Cloud: Naomi Watts
Barbara Gordan (Daughter): Bryce Dallas Howard
Det. Montoya: Elizabeth Pena
Det. Crispus Allen: Samuel L. Jackson
Firefly: Vincent D'Onofrio or Hugo Weaving
Killer Croc: Ron Perlman or Clancy Brown
Hugo Strange: John Malkovich, Richard O'Brien, or Robert Englud
Hush: Jude Law

Vesper Fairchild:no
Dr. Shondra Kinsolving:no
Vicky Vale:isla fisher??? not sure
Kathy Kane:no
Silver St. Cloud:no
Julie Madison"no
Barbara Gordan (Gordan's wife):already been cast
Barbara Gordan (Daughter):rachel McAdams
James Gordan Jr:does it matter? he is an infant
Det. Montoya:??? but the character should been included
Det. Crispus Allen:no
Harold:no
Stephanie Brown/Spoiler:no
Cassandra Cain:not yet, aynway
Jean Paul Valley/Azrael:no
Huntress:Kate Beckinsale....but no
Nora Fries:does it matter, she would be frozen most the time
Trogg:no
Zombie:no
Bird:no
Lady Shiva:someone that can kick several kinds of ass
Matt Hagen/Clayface:doubt you will ever get to see Clayface in a live action film
Firefly:??? Hugo Weaving
Killer Croc:Mickey Rourke
Hugo Strange:John Malkovich
Maxie Zeus:NO
(and the best for last) Hush:jude law, but i wouldn't like to see the character

Keyser Sushi said:
Barbara Gordan (Daughter):She's his neice, actually.

Only because Miller forgot to put her in Year One, so they had to introduce her as an adoptred neice. Then they've apparently hinted that she's his daughter anyway, but that's just to "fix" the original oversight.

If she's in these films (and I'd like her to be) you may as well make her Gordon's daughter from the start like she's supposed to be. And she sould start out fairly young too (I don't mean start out as Batgirl, I just mean she should be introduced as a young teen, and played by one).

StorminNorman said:
I always really liked Dr. Hugo Strange: Here is my casting choice:
dannflorek_svu_240_002.jpg

Dann Florek (Law and Order, Law and Order SVU)

He reminds me of J. Jonah Jameson(JK Simmons)on Spider-Man.

lujho said:
Only because Miller forgot to put her in Year One, so they had to introduce her as an adoptred neice. Then they've apparently hinted that she's his daughter anyway, but that's just to "fix" the original oversight.

If she's in these films (and I'd like her to be) you may as well make her Gordon's daughter from the start like she's supposed to be. And she sould start out fairly young too (I don't mean start out as Batgirl, I just mean she should be introduced as a young teen, and played by one).

Except it goes back even farther than that. In the pre-crisis continuity, the original Batgirl wasn't Babsy at all... and she was Robin's girlfriend. LOL. That was during the "bat-family" era. But when the TV show came around, the producers added Yvonne Craig (hubba hubba) as meek librarian Barbara Gordon, daughter of Commissioner James Gordon. In the comics they introduced her to keep things consistent, but even then I don't think she was Jim's daughter in the comics.

I say we carry in the vein of Batman & Robin and make Barbara the niece of Alfred Pennyworth. That way there's no confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"