Let's talk about Wii Sports.

Roughneck

Avenger
Reaction score
Man I love Wii Sports. I bought my wii.......last Thursday, and I have absolutely loved playing Wii Sports, a lot more than I thought I would.

I even like playing the golf, at first I thought I would only like it when I had a Buddy around to play with (Hell My Mom even ot right into it) but I've discovered that it's an absolute blast by myself, with all the practice modes and training, and of course working my way up to better myself in the sports.

Not to mention that I actually sweat and get a bit of a workout playing video games...that and seeing my likness (Sorta) in my wii....it's just an awesome experience.

Though I find the boxing a little crappy at the higher levels....the controls are sometimes iffy all the time...I throw a left and I get a right.......but once you reach a certian level in boxing your opponents just lean to one side and hide like pansies amking them tough to hit.

Anyway, are there any other games out there as fun as Wii Sport? That utelise the Wii-mote and Nunchuk and control style of Wii Sport? I know about Wii Play but it doesn't look quite as fun, and Wii Fitness doesn't seem like as much of a game......

I love the baseball game, blasting home runs is awesome. The 5 run rule is annoying though. Bowling is pretty fun too.

I like the Bowling practice game "Power Throws"

I love whipping my ball at up to 91 pins

I LOVE the bowling, only because it's the one I'm best at playing. I really like the visuals in the the golfing game, I find it very relaxing.

Tennis sucks, you have like no control over it.

WarioWare Smooth Moves has alot of fun messing with what the wiimote can do, and later in the game utilizes the nunchuk as well.

Rayman Raving Rabbids is another great game for having fun with the wiimote and nunchuk

Those are the only 2 games I've played since I got the wii that are as enjoyable as Wii Sports in utilizing the motion sensor.

Wario and Rayman FTW!

I would also like to hear some good wii game recommendations.

Im getting a wii pretty soon mainly because the new mario kart
and super smash brother games are exclusives on it. plus
the added bonus of being able to access the interent on the wii.

Tennis sucks, you have like no control over it.

It's all timing...it has to do with when and how hard you hit the ball....it takes some getting used to but you can control the ball.

I wish that Wii Sports could be played online...that would rule.

Probably in the sequel.

I love Wii Tennis and Wii Bowling. A lot of fun. I also like Wii Baseball but am no good at it. Wii Boxing as meh and Wii Golf is fun to dick around in, but isn't that great.

If you want good Wii fighting controls go rent (or preferably buy) The Godfather on Wii. Most fun you'll have beating someone to death in a video game this year if not ever. :p ;)

A Wii Sports Sequel should have

Wii Pool
Wii Fishing
Wii Soccer (Eith a velro strap so you can attach the Wii more ot your leg)

I do indeed like playing Wii Sports. Kicked my two mates asses last night on tennis, and on boxing.

But that's the thing, one of them used to box all the time. Surely he should've won? I just feel that those controls aren't as responsive as they should be.

Other than the problems I and others have with boxing, Wii Sports is fun. I need more challenges for the tennis though, being around the 1500 points area.

Yeah. Boxing is the only one you can break a sweat in but that is because you are really playing compteviely against a friend and you have to work really hard to get such unresponsive controls to work. It is not well polished at all. I would prefer the very accurate controls of Godfather Wii for fighting.

Anyway, Miyamoto has said if they do a Wii Sports 2 (which is all but confirmed) it would probably be seasonally themed, like Winter Wii Sports or something.

I break a tiny Sweat after a coupl erounds of baseball.

I've had my Wii since December and I still play Wii Sports the most. Mostly Tennis and bowling. I'm a madman at tennis. Once you get the technique for putting spin on the ball and timing where you want the ball to go, you can do a lot of competitive things.

Boxing is the best and bowling is fun too...

A Wii Sports Sequel should have

Wii Pool
Wii Fishing
Wii Soccer (Eith a velro strap so you can attach the Wii more ot your leg)

WIi Pool is actually in Wii Play, oddly enough, as is Wii Fishing (something like it, anyway).

Yeah, I actually bought Wii Play....Rip Off....Will Pool is alright....the cow racing is okay......

I play Tanks and the Shooting th most.

Thing about Wii Sports....My mom is a bowler and she callls me every couple days now "Can I come over and Bowl?" She beats me a bunch.....but anyway, she is really good at putting spins on the ball.....she says that the bowling is really well done and has very very very good physics in comparison to real bowling.

Anyway.....What other sports could work well in Wii Sports?

Fencing
Shot Put/Javelin/Discus
Curling

Curling would be awesome!
SWEEEEEEEEEP!!!

How about Wii Joust? Or Wii Exuction?

How about Wii Joust? Or Wii Exuction?

Hmmm.....Medieval Wii Sports...

Joust - Control the horse with the Chuck and aim the swordy thing with the Mote.

Archery - (just like in Robin hood) - Simple like pool, pull back and aim with the Mote, release the button and let your arrow fly

Swords - shield with the chuck and sword with the mote.

Horseshoes - Pull back and throw with the Mote

Golf - Medieval version of Golf

Skittles - Medieval version of Bowling

The best thing about it is it comes with an expansion for the Mii Menu it let's you choose or upload an emblem (Crest) for your Mii's chest and a helmet,for use during Medieval Sports.

Damn....now I want that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"