• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Liev Schreiber Speaks

About the running in fours, i see it as a representation of the diference between Wolverine and Sabertooth: While Wolverine renegates his animal side and tries to control it, Sabertooth embraced it and Loves it.
The metaphor was good enough for me.

About the height, Liev is actually taller than Hugh. It's Wolverine's hair that makes it hard to see.
I know. That's why I said "a good bit taller", they could have had him on boxes and the like just to make him tower over Hugh a bit more.

The height argument is beyond me.

He looks ferocious and 100% related to Logan, that's really all that matters appearancewise.

I'm looking forward to a grand performance by Schreiber.

The height argument is beyond me.

He looks ferocious and 100% related to Logan, that's really all that matters appearancewise.
He'd look more imposing if he was taller. It might work for this movie, that they seem to be going for them being equals rather than Wolverine being 'sloppy seconds' to Sabretooth's original.

I'm looking forward to a grand performance by Schreiber.
Me too. I think he's going to be amazing.

Anyone thing Sabretooth is going to get more animalistic as the movie progresses to the mindless drone in X-men?

I liked Schreiber in that Manchurian Candidate remake.

I saw it again a week ago and I can see the Creed in him when he's firing the M50 in Iraq.

I like Schreiber in general but hated the Manchurian Candidate remake. He was well cast though.

Anyone thing Sabretooth is going to get more animalistic as the movie progresses to the mindless drone in X-men?

I hope not.

They should just justify that guy in X1 as someone who stole the name Sabretooth.

I like Schreiber in general but hated the Manchurian Candidate remake. He was well cast though.

I think they're just re-inventing the Sabretooth and Stryker characters, improving them.

Stryker is darker and no longer carries a Southern accent and Sabretooth now has a brain.

This guy shouldnt speak at all, he looks so out of place as Sabretooth, truly a bad miscasting choice.

Schreiber was good in The Manchurian Candidate remake. I don't think he's ever done anything like Sabertooth before though, so we'll see.

He sounded just right in the Comic Con. He didn't sound over-the-top like in some cartoon, but at the same time, has the temperament of a sociopath. I mean, there's more than one way to skin a cat, especially if the cat has been changing over the course of 30 years.

-TNC

This guy shouldnt speak at all, he looks so out of place as Sabretooth, truly a bad miscasting choice.

Tyler Mane's Sabretooth = crap.

Liev Schreiber's Sabretooth (only seen in trailers so far) = awesome.

Punisher warzone = crap.

Wolverine trailer = awesome.

Sabretooth in this trailer is noob!

However I appreciate Liev who plays a sadist Sabretooth (yeahhh he seems to be .. )
but he doesnt look like a wild beast like comics and isnt tall enough.
No no and no for Liev as Sabret

Yeah and Hugh Jackman is too tall and Cyclops is too short and Bryan Singer is gay and blah blah blah!..

-TNC

...and Bryan Singer is gay and blah blah blah!..
I recall being on a board one time and there was an adverse reaction to Singer directing X-MEN because he was gay...talk about missing the point.

Wolverine and Creed will lose their memory at the end according to me
And according to you guys ??
In X1 Logan dont know Sabret lol.

Say what you want about the guy who was acting as Sabretooth in x1

But that Sabretooth looked way more scary and intimidating than the one in this movie

In this movie Sabretooth looks like he would get his ass whooped by Wolverine while in x1 it was the other way around

If Lieve could look somewhat like the Sabretooth in x1 than it would be perfect because Liev is actually an actor

I think both Mane and Schreiber speak to different versions of the character. Mane's Sabretooth is very much like the Sabretooth introduced in Uncanny X-Men, who is described by Wolverine as all muscle and no brains. Schreiber's Sabretooth is very much like later versions of the character, which are more conniving and sadistic. Both work, in my opinion.

I really don't like anything special about Sabretooth from X1, other than his height. He looked just a bit too much like a overgrown cat man. I wasn't a big fan of his eyes either.

MV5BMjE4Mjk1NjkxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTA2NjY2._V1._SX227_SY340_.jpg

His lack of personality didn't really make him that much interesting either.

Since the comics have portrayed BOTH extremes of the Creed character, it really boils to which interpretation of Creed do you mostly identify with.

-TNC

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"