• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Entertainment Weekly First Look

narrows101

Reaction score
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20249045_18,00.html

X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE
In theatres May 1

The claw-pawed man-mutant cuts in front of his fellow X-Men with his own creation story, which traces how Logan's macho rivalry with Sabretooth (Liev Schreiber) and his thwarted love affair with Silver Fox (Lynn Collins) set the stage for his tranformation into Wolverine. So why did Hugh Jackman's character get the first Origins nod? ''It wasn't always part of the plan, but Hugh brought that character to vivid life,'' says producer Lauren Shuler Donner, recalling the endurance test he faced filming this water-tank scene where his character is injected with a substance that makes him impenetrable. ''We tortured the man. he is an animal. A normal person could not do that.''

WolvieTubBig.jpg

Awesome..

That intensity on his face! It looks like something off the pages..

-TNC

I'm not a big Wolverine fan (in fact I'm not a big fan of any of the characters solo - even Gambit solo stuff), and I wasn't big on the idea of spinoffs, but the more and more I hear about the film, the more screens I see from it, and the more I think about it, the more I feel confident about this movie, even a separate Wolverine series.

I just hope that Fox maintains a quality over quantity and doesn't botch up the franchise with too many spinoffs (Magneto and Young X-Men, I'm looking at you) or a needless X-Men 4.

If they absolutely must continue the franchise, the best way to do it would be a First Class prequel with younger versions of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, and Beast (and possibly some other mutants that have yet to be introduced into the fold, such as characters like Havok or something) and tell some Xavier / Magneto falling out and Pre-X-Men stories. But then again, I don't even know that we need that. There may be a bunch of comic stories left untouched, but in terms of the movies, there are no stories that just absolutely need to be revealed.

With Wolverine, his entire past and story arc was introduced, but not brought to resolution. It almost is a necessity to make this movie.

i know this film will make my year.

been waiting too long for it and the more I see the more hyped I get.

Something looks really weird about that pic. His face looks...strange :p Anywho, cool photo :up:

now why cant we get a shot of liev like that?

Looks like Liev Schreiber...

:oldrazz:

In the Entertainment Weekly pic, you can see the claw apparatus between his knuckles:csad:; I hope the filmmakers erase that.

It's a still; in the movie, people probably won't be looking at his hands that hard.

I like that he has the surgical markings on his chest like he did in X2. Somewhat hard to see through his chest hair but its there.

Why don't the claws come out of his knuckles, as an extension?

I've always wondered this and have seen it both ways in comics.

I think in the comics they only started having his claws come out between his knuckles (as opposed to as an extension of his knuckles) after that first movie came out.

It would make more sense considering he won't be able to have an open palm if they were extensions.

I think that is a nice touch putting the surgical markings they make it more realistic

Why don't the claws come out of his knuckles, as an extension?

I've always wondered this and have seen it both ways in comics.

I think in the comics they only started having his claws come out between his knuckles (as opposed to as an extension of his knuckles) after that first movie came out.

It would make more sense considering he won't be able to have an open palm if they were extensions.
Actually, in the comics, they came out between the bones on the backs of his hands. See link.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/290239-64441-wolverine-s-claws_large.jpg

Anyone else think Jackman looks like Schrieber in this photo?

Yes, and that's a good thing.

I;m telling you, if I knew nothing about Jackman and Schreiber or this film/characters and I saw those two walking on a beach together with the mutton chops, I would think they were siblings.

That looks like it could be the scariest game of "Marco Polo" ever played. :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"