'Lioness': Zoe Saldaña to Lead Taylor Sheridan's Series (Paramount+)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
'Lioness': Zoe Saldaña to Lead Taylor Sheridan's Newest Paramount+ Series

Lioness follows the CIA program of the same name, with Saldaña portraying Joe, the station chief of the program. She oversees the undercover military group in their mission to take down some of the world's most dangerous terrorists. The CIA's Lioness program was created to respect the local customs of Middle Eastern countries by having female soldiers search local women as opposed to male recruits.

Binged the first six episodes over the past couple days. This show starts out a bit jingoistic and leans into some typical stereotypes about Islam and terrorism but at least it also doesn’t paint the CIA in a great light either. Zoe is really good in the lead role, and I’m equally impressed by Laysla de Oliveira (Cruz), who probably has the most difficult role in the show. Also, I’m pretty much in love with Stephanie Nur (Aaliyah), and I think she might be my top pick for Talia in Brave & the Bold.
I’m glad we finally got confirmation in the last episode that there is an attraction between Aaliyah and Cruz because if it didn’t happen, I was seriously going to be furious at the show for queerbaiting, lol.

I do think the writing is bad in some spots, like when they torture Cruz to “break” her AFTER she’s made contact with the target, so the next time she sees her, she has to make up a BS story about why she’s covered in bruises. Equally stupid was bringing her on the op in Texas, because if she were to get killed; then the op with Aaliyah is completely blown. But I guess it’s a TV show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"