List of +/- 2000 Post-Crisis Batman stories in chronological reading order

Pretty cool list and easy to read. I'd have to disagree on the order of a few of the entries (i.e. Robin II: The Joker's Wild takes place during the Idiot Root which itself takes place before Destroyer), but its still neat. Sorry for being a nitpick. :cwink:

JLA: Year One is no longer in Continuity.

Pretty cool list and easy to read. I'd have to disagree on the order of a few of the entries (i.e. Robin II: The Joker's Wild takes place during the Idiot Root which itself takes place before Destroyer), but its still neat. Sorry for being a nitpick. :cwink:

No, It's cool dude! Nitpicking's how things progress...

(I tossed Idiot Root outta there cause it's one of the very few things that Grant ever wrote that I thouroughly disliked, but I'll look into the Robin II / Destroyer later tonight when I update with new insertions)

Cheers man!

Yeah I know about JLA year one.

Some of these books are no longer in post-Infinite crisis continuity. Others that I have listed were never "officially" meant to be part of post-crisis continuity altogether.

This is not so much a "continuity" list (especially an "official" one) as a sequential and logical reading order list for most of the (not-obvioulsy elseworlds) Bat-related stuff in print since 1986.

If and when DC publishes a new version of the JLA's creation (which would make it the 3rd or 4th post-crisis one, at least, I think) I might (probably) swap it with JLA: Year One.

Until then, it just makes sense to me to have at least some form of "origin" for the JLA in there because of Bats' subsequent involvement and as a way of introducing some of these characters (Canary, J'onn, etc).

Nice list Bat-mite. Has DC announced any JLA year one projects to clear up the new earth origin of the Justice League?

Nice list Bat-mite. Has DC announced any JLA year one projects to clear up the new earth origin of the Justice League?

I know there are Green Arrow and Teen Titans Year One minis coming soon (Black Canary too I think). but I'm not sure about a JLA one.

Does anyone know for sure?

Latest update (April 12th)

(previous links no longer active)

Added:

Batman Annual #23 (JLApe)
Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
Vigilante #47 (Batman)
Birds of Prey #28-30
Azrael 52-62 (No Man's Land Tie-Ins)
52 #49 (latest issue)

Wow... had to go fetch this thread on page 40 or smtg!

It's back!

My (not that) new and (really not) greatly improved list of +/- 2000 Bat-related stories in chronological reading order. Available, as always, in html or pdf flavour:

Recent additions include:

-Early Suicide Squad stories (including Oracle ones) and the Phoenix Gambit (featuring Batman)
-The Scottish Connection (decided to put it back in there since it's not that bad and provides info on the Wayne lineage)
-Selina's Big Score (completely missed that one !?!!?)
-Some early (Dixon) BOP that was not in there.
-The issues of Azrael tying-in with / happening after BW: Murderer/Fugitive
-Detective #573 & 574 (finally !!)
-The Chalice GN.
-The Question #2 (Batman appearance)
-"Ghosts" Batman Annual (#22 IIRC).
-"The clown at midnight" prelude to Joker's Last Laugh from Last Laugh Seret Files.
-Stories from the BOP Secret Files and Origins.
-More issues of 52 dealing with the Question/Montoya/Batwoman/The Crime Bible/World War III + WWIII one-shots
-Titans East ("featuring" Batgirl)
-Countdown & Amazons Attack so far
-Recent issues of Nightwing, Robin & Catwoman.
-Many others that I probably forgot about by now.

And, last but not least....

Some will be happy to know that I've decided to insert Dark Moon Rising (Monster Men and Mad Monk) in there.

As well as Strange Apparitions, Dark Detective, and Batman 217 & 348 (Bruce leaving for the penthouse then returning to Wayne Manor), as well as Batman 354 (which explains the Hugo Strange "Ghost" in Strange Apparitions). More goodies from that era that don't contradict this contemporary Batman "continuity" to come soon...

As always, feedback/questions are more than welcome!

June 15th Update

Added:

Tenses
Catwoman/Batgirl & Catwoman/Oracle
Detective 572 Anniversary issue feat. Sherlock Holmes
Countdown 46
Green Arrow 73-75

June 29th Update / Latest version (old links will be deactivated shortly)

html: http://www.box.net/shared/nqx3nlcecq

pdf: http://www.box.net/shared/tyrreear7a

New insertions:

- Detective #405 (First League of Assassins story / Tales of the Demon "Prelude")
- Gotham Central #1 to 24 and #26 to 36 (Finally... it's done!)
- Uneven Parallels (Spoiler Story from Showcase 95 #5)
- Batman: The Ankh (Decided to insert this after all)
- Josie Mac: Trading Up ('Tec Backup Story)
- Latest issues of JLA, Catwoman, Amazons Attack, Countdown etc...

Changes / corrections:

- ALL Detective backup stories are now marked as "(backup)" after the issue number.
- An error in the positioning of Selina's Big Score has been rectified.
- The Wonder Woman Amazons Attack prelude/tie-ins issues have been REMOVED (that ***** sucks & makes no sense)

Coming up:

-Since I've "officially" HAD IT with Countdown's pace/content, and the fact that it is a continuity NIGHTMARE, I will no longer be systematically putting every issue in there. Like 52, I will only pick-up certain issues from now on and only insert those that will DIRECTLY deal with Batman / the Batman Family.

-I'll do one more update in about 3 weeks, once both Tec' 834 and Batman 666 are out. I should be done inserting the missing issues of the 1990 Huntress series and the Josie Mac: Lost Voices backup arc.

After that, it'll probably be a while until I actually post any updates since the next update after that will probably contain... (roll drums)

A COVER THUMBNAIL FOR EACH ISSUE!!!!

I did a few test and it won't be too long or complicated inserting them. The real b!tch is going to be getting/finding images for all of it and batch-processing them down to a standard size... but if (I said IF) everything goes well the new "illustrated" version of the list should be ready sometime in late August.

So there you go, as always comments, suggestions and booboo notifications are welcome.

Later!

Is it possible to get a re-up of these? that'd be glorious. thanks for all the hardwork you've put into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"