list of upcoming comic book movies

lordkilljoy

Civilian
Reaction score
DEADMAN(nodate)
Based on the DC Comics title, Deadman is the ghost of a murdered circus acrobat who has the power to possess the living in order to seek out his killer as well as to help the innocent. The character first appeared in 1967 and was created by writer Arnold Drake and artist Carmine Infantino.

ZOMBIES OF MASS DESTRUCTION(NODATE)
Project revolves around a government weapons program that drops photosensitive zombies into war zones at night to destroy the enemy population. When one of these zombies somehow escapes in the Middle East, a team of elite soldiers must enter hostile territory to stop a growing zombie army.
"ZMD" is published by Red 5 Comics.

ALIBI(nodate)

Based on Top Cow's comic book "Alibi." The comic, published in 2008, centers on a well-known socialite whose public presence establishes a perfect alibi for the covert activity of his secret twin brother, a government assassin.

RONIN (NODATE)
An adaptation of the Frank Miller graphic novel "Ronin," which Miller wrote and drew in the early 1980s. It centers on a masterless samurai who is reincarnated in a dystopic near-future New York populated by squatters, factions and mutants. The ronin must try to destroy a demon with a mystic sword, which also is found in New York.

HACK/SLASH(nodate.for some reason i have hopes of this being good)
Based on the horror comic book series, "Hack/Slash," created by Tim Seeley and Stefano Caselli, chronicles the adventures of Hack, a young woman who travels to small towns across the country hunting slashers

EMILY THE STRANGE(no date)

The feature film will tell the origin of the gothic figure and her four mysterious cats. It has not been determined whether the movie will be live-action, animation, or a combination of the two.

In addition to the backstory and her cats, the movie will also have 13 new characters with names like Earwig, Umlaut, McFreeley and Officer Summers.

BATTLE ANGEL(no date but if yall wona watcht he only 2 episodes they made i can hook that up i personaly love em son!)

"Battle Angel" is based on the Japanese Manga series of graphic novels by Yukito Kishiro. The movie combines the first three books, Ido, Alita, and Hugo.

Set in the 26th century, the story takes place 300 years after a societal collapse caused by a major war. But in that society, it's a technological dark age following a pinnacle of achievement far, far beyond where we are right now. It's a post-apocalyptic world from a very high level with cyborg technology as just a way of life. People are augmented a lot as workers and so on, so being a cyborg is not unusual.

The main character is a cyborg. She has an organic human brain, and she looks like she's about fourteen years old. She has a completely artificial body and she's lost her memory - she's found in a wreckage and she's reconstituted by a cyber-surgeon who becomes her surrogate father.

BLACK SUMMER(NODATE)

Based on Warren Ellis' comic book series "Black Summer," published by Avatar Press in 2007. The comic enters on superhero team the Seven Guns, a group of scientist-adventurers who modified their own bodies for street-fighting in order to take back their West Coast city from a corrupt police force, criminal local government and rapacious private security forces.

Based on Lisa Unger's new Random House thriller "Black Out," which centers on Annie Powers, an affluent wife and mother living in Florida. Cracks in her idyllic life emerge when her psychologist is murdered and a familiar dark figure appears, triggering long-suppressed memories of a former life she must piece together to save herself and her daughter.

CALIBER (nodate)

Based on the comic book "Caliber" by Sam Sarkar. The Arthurian legend as retold in the American Old West, with all of its great symbolism, magic and spirit of adventure. The Knights of the Round Table are all gunslingers bound by a code of honor to protect the weak and defend the innocent until they are undone from within by their own moral corruption. In this tale, Caliber itself is a tattooed six-gun, given to Arthur by the Indians and imbued with supernatural power. The secret of the gun is that it is never loaded with bullets, but when a man with Justice on his side is holding it, it can fire. When it does, it fires Thunder itself and never misses.

ELFQUEST(nodate)

Based on "Elfquest," the cult comic by Wendy and Richard Pini.
The original comic followed a tribe of elves known as the Wolfriders in their attempts to survive and link with other dispersed elves on an Earth-like planet with two moons while on the lookout for tribes of humans and trolls, both of which acted as allies and enemies.

EMO BOY(no date)

The live-action adaptation of the graphic novels created by Stephen Emond and published by SLG Comics will revolve around the travails of the melodramatic title hero, a high schooler who believes he has "emo powers." Cruikshank will play Emo Boy, and King will play Mrs. Hutcherson, a teacher and "emo sympathizer."

FREAKS OF THE HEARTLAND (nodate)

David Gordon Green is set to direct the Dark Horse graphic novel adaptation about the horrible secret of a rural Middle American town involving Trevor Owen's attempts to protect his "monster" of a 6-year-old younger brother and Gristlewood Valley's other "freaks" from their parents’ worst instincts.

GODKILLER (nodate)

Based on a comic book Matt Pizzolo created with illustrator Anna Muckcracker, the adaptation is described as an "illustrated film" mixing elements of anime, radio drama, video games and comics.

Set in the future after an economic collapse, a nuclear holy war and an alien invasion, "Godkiller" follows orphan Tommy as he searches for a new heart for his ill sister, Lucy.

THE HUNTER (nodate)

Scarlet Fire Entertainment will adapt British writer Adam Hamdy's comic "The Hunter."

The 2007 Dare Comics debut release is a contemporary superhero comic set against the backdrop of organized crime

If they don't rename Emo Boy, nobody will see it.

I'm curious to find out what his emo powers are.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the Emily Strange movie. I hope it'll be live action and I hope that Ellen Page gets the title role.

:xmen:

I think I can easily say that half of those movies will never get made.

[A];17836493 said:
If they don't rename Emo Boy, nobody will see it.

What about all the emo boys who'll think it's a documentary about thier life?

the thing about Emo Boy is that 'emo' is pretty much dead in the publics eye, and has transended into pop culture as somethign else. So to me, it sounds very dated.

I'm waiting for the Emily Strange movie. I hope it'll be live action and I hope that Ellen Page gets the title role.

:xmen:

to be honest it would be best if they just made it animated and just throw it on dvd. i would relay hate for emily the strange to become some trend. if they make it animated and stay true to the animation of the books, the fans would realy appreciate it.

seeing this movie become real would be very hard to do i have a bad feeling they are gona destroy it

Emily The Strange was/is big with the female hot topic crowd that loves Nightmare Before Christmas. I could see this being like Coraline or something...depends who's directing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"