Looking for an old FF comic

Tich77

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi, newbie looking for help

As a child, sometime between 1972 and 1976, my mother gave me a Fantastic Four comic; Im pretty sure it was a comic and not an album, possibly a "summer special" (UK kids of that ere will know what I mean). I do recall it as a self-contained issue. as the story started and ended in that comic.

It could have been earlier, or dated from earlier. I was between 6 and 10 at the time.
My recollection of the story line is that Reed had created some fantastic machine that needed testing. Ben was depressed, there was a second/double Thing. Things fight. Reed tests machine and gets lost in some weird space continuum through a portal?. Second Thing rescues him ('throws' him back through the portal)., Maybe ends with second Thing sitting on a rock, contemplating his end?

There might have been either a second story, or a segment of a current story line. I have a vague memory of a flying wing in the issue somewhre, and Dr Doom.

Ring any bells with anyone? Tried searching all over for any evidence this was actually published, to no avail. There again, its maybe 50 years ago....

As a child, sometime between 1972 and 1976, my mother gave me a Fantastic Four comic; Im pretty sure it was a comic and not an album, possibly a "summer special" (UK kids of that ere will know what I mean). I do recall it as a self-contained issue. as the story started and ended in that comic.

It could have been earlier, or dated from earlier. I was between 6 and 10 at the time.
My recollection of the story line is that Reed had created some fantastic machine that needed testing. Ben was depressed, there was a second/double Thing. Things fight. Reed tests machine and gets lost in some weird space continuum through a portal?. Second Thing rescues him ('throws' him back through the portal)., Maybe ends with second Thing sitting on a rock, contemplating his end?

There might have been either a second story, or a segment of a current story line. I have a vague memory of a flying wing in the issue somewhre, and Dr Doom.

Ring any bells with anyone? Tried searching all over for any evidence this was actually published, to no avail. There again, its maybe 50 years ago....
@Willie Lumpkin would probably be your go to guy; although I think the both of us rather focused more on 1960s FF comics.

The Fantastic Four were running (as reprints) in the UK comic The Mighty World of Marvel at around that time (I'm a Brit). Could you have seen it there?

The story sounded familiar so I believe it is from Fantastic Four volume 1 issue #51 where the story is "This Man.... This Monster!". Doing some looking it looks like that story appeared in the Mighty World of Marvel Volume 1 issue #110. Maybe this is the issue?

Screenshot 2023-12-26 214122.png

Source: Mighty World of Marvel Vol 1 110

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"