Diamond Comic Sales for November

Phaedrus45

Avenger
Reaction score
I didn't see this posted; so, if it's been done, so sorry.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2012/2012-11.html

One huge surprise. My Little Pony coming in at #15! I bought a copy. My daughter said she was too old for it; but, this children comics sometimes really climb in price years afterwards when new generations want the books. (Take a look at Marvel's Barbie line of comics. I have a few issues, and they go for quite a high price.)

Marvel must have mixed emotions about their books. If you look at Thor, they have a nice, respectable first issue sales number: 110,443, coming in at #10. Yet, the second issue drops by about half: 65,533. Same thing happened with Deadpool. DC's second issues during New 52 kept their audience much better. Of course, Marvel puts out numerous issues of their first issues, while DC's variants were much harder to get your hands on.

I'm not surprised by Batman having such a strong #2 showing. It still surprises me that Justice League gets such high numbers. These 14 issues have been some of the worst Justice League stories I've ever read.

Dynamite had a book in the top 25. (Exactly 25.) 63,932 is still quite a high number for Dynamite. Their next highest book was the final issue of The Boys, coming in at #133 with 17,120 issue sold. This first issue was much better than their other big event book, Prophesy. Readership of issue #5 dropped to 5,733, coming in at #255. Wonder if Masks will drop that low by the time it reaches issue 5.

MLP FIM is huge, IM surprised it was only at 15. That fan base grows every second.

I saw that My Little Pony ranking a couple of days ago and was VERY surprised...

I remember it being huge in the 80's like Cabbage Patch Kids and other stuff but I had no idea it made such a comeback...

I remember it being huge in the 80's like Cabbage Patch Kids and other stuff but I had no idea it made such a comeback...

One reason it probably ranked so high is the large amount of variant covers that shipped. I don't have a huge shop; but, they had 5 different covers on the shelf. I think there were about 9 different covers that were easily gotten if you wanted them (not including the hard to get ones).

Yeah the show is way more popular now with alot of its demo being 15-35 year olds. Its was revamped by the Powerpuff girls creator. Its still intended for kids but they throw in alot of stuff for adults, especially pop culture references .Everything from Big Lebowski and Star Trek to Loony toons.

Last edited:
As much as I love The Big Lebowski I doubt I could watch that....:dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"