M. Night Shyamalan’s “Trap”

Ok well damn. That’s interesting. Hope M. Night’s able to deliver.

Shyamalan's always been hit and miss but this looks like his most intriguing movie since Split IMO. I'm most interested in this for Hartnett than anything else.

I’m glad they gave away the “twist” in the trailer. It would have been too obvious if they hadn’t.

This looks great and terrible all at once. The premise makes zero sense, but it might be a Happening style cult hit lol

That's because there's probably a second twist at the end.
Yeah, a first act twist always gets spoiled. I don’t think there was really any way to side step it unless you want to solely promote this as a “Dad takes daughter to concert” movie.

Yeah, a first act twist always gets spoiled. I don’t think there was really any way to side step it unless you want to solely promote this as a “Dad takes daughter to concert” movie.
Anyone else think the real twist is he's not actually the killer and someone else is or there's a second killer?

This looks great. His films are definitely hit or miss but this one is really grabbing my attention.

Yeah this looks like fun. I’m wondering if Hartnett isn’t actually the killer but has taken the real killer prisoner to get revenge on him for something.

Lovely cinematography, this is going to look spectacular on the big screen.

Can't wait to see how M. Night works his profound hatred of the disabled and mentally ill into this! Idiotic hack whose career should have ended years ago. Knock at the Cabin was such a butchering of a great novel.

Yeah this looks like fun. I’m wondering if Hartnett isn’t actually the killer but has taken the real killer prisoner to get revenge on him for something.
THAT would make sense. Like that's the twist and the other killer's someone else at the concert.
Okay, the first twist is out of the way. What is the REAL twist?

The Butcher is totally the daughter
Nah, even for M. Night that'd be weird.

Okay, the first twist is out of the way. What is the REAL twist?

The Butcher is totally the daughter

If that does happen...

letterboxd-5-stars.gif

Yeah I can see it being that the daughter is in on it the whole time

Maybe all the other people at the concert are the real killers.

Going to watch the hell out of this.

Little funny that I once saw Hartnett outside of First Avenue (downtown Minneapolis, he grew up in St. Paul) smoking a cigarette after a Beach House show.

Great trailer! My first thought when it showed the guy tied-up in the basement is

Hartnett has a REAL killer in his basement.

Just when people start to doubt M. Night again, he pulls all of us back in. This looks f***in great.

And also look at that difference when you shoot on film or make it look like you shot it on film.
Old / Knock At The Cabin were both top 5 for him...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"