• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Action-Adventure Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

Got back like an hour ago. Furiosa...

qbLqH8F.gif

Speaking of Mad Max games, the 2015 game is on sale on the PS Store. 5 euros (4.49 dollars). What a lovely day! I was hoping it would be on a good sale :swoon:

Speaking of Mad Max games, the 2015 game is on sale on the PS Store. 5 euros (4.49 dollars). What a lovely day! I was hoping it would be on a good sale :swoon:
The game is worth far more...but thats a good deal.
Its a ton of fun.

Yes, it's definitely worth it at that price. One of those "best 6/10 game you'll play" games.

I also hope we get 1 more proper Mad Max film from George Miller after seeing this. So fingers crossed that The Wasteland movie or some form of Mad Max happens!
Me too. If all goes well, we'll get a prequel to Fury Road focused on Max this time, according to Miller.

The more I think about it, of course Hemsworth is in a better mood about it.

The amount of action scenes Dementus participates in is significantly less than Max in Fury Road and Furiosa in both movies so of course Hemsworth probably had an easier time. Dementus did a lot more driving than fighting.

Also out of all the leads in those movies, Hemsworth is the only Australian so it wasn't a long trip for him.

Trying to go to my movie theater later on today to watch Furiosa

Love that Hemsworth finally gets to play an Australian character in a movie for once with his accent truly coming out

I’m basically in the same page as Dan Murrel here but with a lesser enthusiastic rating. He touched almost the exact same points I tried to make, both regarding FR and Furiosa.

Meanwhile it's back up in the 90s on RT with dozens more critic reviews in in the last 12 hours. I don't think it's as good as Fury Road - FR's smaller scope allowed the audience to be closer to the characters of Max, Furiosa, and Nux while in the prequel it's a bit more detached - but it's still quite good, and more ambitious at a cost elsewhere.

Rotten Tomatoes
90%
(221 reviews)
Average Rating: 8 out of 10
Fresh: 198
Rotten: 23

Metacritic = 79 (62 reviews)
51 positive / 10 mixed / 1 negative
100 from:

- Empire
- IGN
- The Independet
- Slashfilm
- The Telegraph
- NME
- Consequence
- Observer
- LarsenOnFilm
- The Seattle Times
- Original-Cin
As @MagnarTheGreat mentioned it’s up to 90 which is in fact the highest rating it ever reached back when it had only 20 reviews or so. It went as low as 84 but bounced back strong. Great score and average rating.

well-there-it-is.gif

B+ for Fury Road!?

ea698050-2725-4542-bb7a-4fe883c46a8e_text.gif

I don't think the sampled audience was entirely ready for what they were getting on that opening night. Cinemascore is more about expectations being met as the Collider article points out. A larger share of the hardcore audience is present in the opening days for established franchises and with that they come in with specific expectations.

So the next time you see a film got a certain CinemaScore, keep in mind that it’s not a measure of the film’s quality or even what audiences as a whole think about a movie. It’s a measure of marketing, and how well expectations lined up with the finished feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"