• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tom Hardy is using Bane's voice as Mad Max, this film has already failed for me.

That voice was such a giant fail.

The photos of him with the beard looks like test shooting and pre-poduction training. He even has his regular clothes on and ipod headphones.

The minimal dialogue doesn't bother me.

Mel Gibson only had 16 lines of dialogue Mad Max 2: Road Warrior and two of those lines were "I only came for the gasoline."

If any actor can convey emotion with minimal dialogue its Tom Hardy.

If Tom Hardy is using Bane's voice as Mad Max, this film has already failed for me.

That voice was such a giant fail.

I think it's a great voice that grew on me. It's kinda iconic now.

But otherwise, don't read too much in the Bane voice description.

Its probably just a thick accent.

And Bane's voice is awesome.

The minimal dialogue doesn't bother me.

Mel Gibson only had 16 lines of dialogue Mad Max 2: Road Warrior and two of those lines were "I only came for the gasoline."

If any actor can convey emotion with minimal dialogue its Tom Hardy.

Hardy's characters in Warrior and especially Lawless aren't exactly chatterboxes.

Speaking of Bane, correct me if I'm wrong, but there was definitely some electronic enhancement/distortion going on there, and not just Hardy talking like that all by himself, right?

I love Hardy's voice in all of his roles especially Bane so I'm sure I'll love his Mad Max voice.

Does NOT matter who reported this; at least it's SOMETHING positive about FURY ROAD.

But it's not reporting.

Basically I can come in here and tell you that my friend saw it and my friend said it was really cool.

Uh huh... and ?

Basically, that doesn't mean anything. Even if it was negative it doesn't mean anything cause this "friend" is nobody.

Well I dont know what to tell ya.

Actually Devin's source corroborates with what someone said over on AICN when they posted about the reshoots at the beginning of September:
My friend's sister was an editor on this. I actually asked her recently when it was coming out, she said not for another year at least. Apparently they went over budget, and needed more money to reshoot some stuff at the end of the movie. Studio execs flew in and met with Miller, and he screened what they had so far. Anyway, it went over well. Also, she said there's a lot of visual effects work in this one, which might be a little disappointing to hear. Even so, she said the movie's actually quite good, and that Miller's happy with it. You heard it here first, people...
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63988#comment-1030331250

It's worth noting that myself and another member here communicated with a crew member during the shoot last year who told us about the intended scenes and sets that were supposed to be used but scrapped when WB stepped in. The info they gave could also corroborate to these 2 reports and explain what exactly was going on in those scenes...

Last we heard they didn't destroy those actual sets but were transported to Sydney.

Progress? Tom Holkenborg AKA Junkie XL seems to of been tapped to score Fury Road. Missed his tweets before but this one was posted recently about his meeting with George Miller in Sydney...
Great meetings with George Miller!! Work to do!!!! #filmscoring

Looking back on his tweets it looks like he flew over and met with George back in August and is currently in Sydney working on the score.

He's been working with Hans Zimmer long enough that I think Junkie would make a great score.

mad max needs an atmospheric score. i hope for the best

mad max needs an atmospheric score. i hope for the best
I listened to his score for Paranoia and found it quite atmospheric, so I think we're good there. Whether he can develop some memorable theme music is another question.

tumblr_mupcsfSvtv1qe5f96o2_r1_1280.jpg

i hope the dog is in the movie. i always wished for a small action scene where the dog runs and survives all the cars and bullets.

I wish his hair was a little bit longer on the sides.

This dog is miscast, he doesn't look like Max's dog !

I;m ok with the dog casting. Just think of how different Sean Connery was to Roger Moore as Bond, so this could work too. Maybe we'll get a more nuanced performance this time.:oldrazz:

I;m ok with the dog casting. Just think of how different Sean Connery was to Roger Moore as Bond, so this could work too. Maybe we'll get a more nuanced performance this time.:oldrazz:

Toping Max's dog performance in Road Warrior will be hard.

Okay, looking at the fansite the pic came from, apparently the dog belongs to members of this group devoted to saving the Rhino which Hardy is a supporter of. He met them somehow while filming Mad Max and later came back to feature them in the two hour poaching documentary he did in July. So the dog is not part of the movie, but the pic of Hardy is from the Max set.

tumblr_mupcsfSvtv1qe5f96o1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"