Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

How on earth was there never a Mad Max cartoon during this era?

Max is an 'R' rated franchise, obviously. It's not up there for children cartoons like Rambo, Robocop, and Toxic Avenger.

Sorry to distract from the conversation but how good is 80s animation. I effing love it. There’s a real style to it
Animation is wonky most of the times, and at it's best when done by a Japanese animation studio, which even then has some wonkiness to it that is noticeable in some shows like Superman. But I do appreciate it as a major part of my childhood.

One thing always kind of confused me in Fury Road. Max is an ex cop (that’s still canon with Hardy’s version, because his opening narration says so), but Furiosa grew up in a tribe in “the green place”, which makes it sound like she was born and raised after civilization had already collapsed, but aren’t she and Max approximately the same age? She doesn’t look especially younger than him (and IRL Charlize Theron is older than Tom Hardy).
Looks like the script was written with much older Max in mind and continued Mel saga. After all the movie was in development for couple of decades. I imagine Max should be no less than in his late 50s to make Furiosa's continuity fit in there.

I love Comer. Like, I actually think I might like her more than Theron, who is also amazing. And Madden is also great. But I just don't know about this.

Why are people STILL in doubt? After 4 films? Miller COMMANDS the wasteland.

Why are people STILL in doubt? After 4 films? Miller COMMANDS the wasteland.
A prequel made not so long after the movie we're familiar with and has a different star resuming the role of the same character kinda has that effect, even if the movie is under guidance from a great director.

A prequel made not so long after the movie we're familiar with and has a different star resuming the role of the same character kinda has that effect, even if the movie is under guidance from a great director.
People will be boycotting it because it doesn't have Theron in it? They didn't flock to watch her perform to begin with. The movie barely scraped it's budget back. And now she's the center of the universe.

People will be boycotting it because it doesn't have Theron in it? They didn't flock to watch her perform to begin with. The movie barely scraped it's budget back. And now she's the center of the universe.
Disappointment is stemming from some fans of Fury Road, not the people who did not see the movie.

I know the world is on the brink of collapse and all, but I just wanna say, a Furiosa spin off is some bull****.

I know the world is on the brink of collapse and all, but I just wanna say, a Furiosa spin off is some bull****.
It was in development alongside Fury Road, so it was always going to be his next film in this world

I'll be honest. I have very little interest in a Furiosa spin-off, let alone one that doesn't star Charlize Theron, if the rumours are true. I loved the character but a whole movie about her doesn't attract me much and I can't see anyone else in the role nor do I care to. I'd much rather see a new story with Max and hopefully with Hardy on the role. That being said I'll watch whatever Miller throws us from that universe. But I can't say I'm excited for the moment.

Personally, I just find it amusing that after years of hearing Furiosa as an example of a "good female character" to prove that critics of other franchises aren't biased, now so many of those same people are mad that she's getting her own movie. (Despite this being Miller's plan all along.)

giphy.gif

I'd watch a Furiosa spinoff. Not gonna lie, I'd love to see Immortan Joe again, even if he's understandably played by a younger actor if the film is set that much earlier than Fury Road.

Last edited:
Personally, I just find it amusing that after years of hearing Furiosa as an example of a "good female character" to prove that critics of other franchises aren't biased, now so many of those same people are mad that she's getting her own movie. (Despite this being Miller's plan all along.)

Well, she is a great example of a fantastic character, not just good. But sometimes less is more for me. I feel she worked perfectly as a supporting character, even though ironically she ended up stealing the show. That doesn't mean I'm automatically more excited to see a spin-off entirely focused on her, rather than another Max movie, regardless of what Miller wants or is more focused on. And bringing another actress for the part doesn't help, even though I admit Anya Taylor-Joy is one of the best replacement they could think of, if she ends up taking the role. I can definitely change my mind as I hear and see more of this. It wouldn't be a first.

I just don't understand the need to generalize to prove some point. It shouldn't be a surprise that people tend to have different views on something. And from what I've heard if I had to bet I'd say negativity stems far more from the distaste of the idea of a spin-off than any indifference to female characters.

The previous actress rumored for Furiosa looked more like Theron. I'm fine with ATJ, she's great, but maybe she's for some other role?

And at this point I'll watch anything post-apocalyptic from Miller.

By the time they finish this the movie will probably be more current affairs than apocalyptic sci fi

Enjoy my hard work if you want:

THE MAD MAX TIMELINE
THE MAD MAX TIMELINE

The original trilogy: "Mad Max" (1979), "Mad Max 2" (1981) aka "The Road Warrior" and "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" (1985).

Of course, "Mad Max: Fury Road" (2015) is an alternate universe, so there's a standalone timeline only for it.

I think you will enjoy my timelines and articles, because they truly explain a lot about the two 'Maxes' and their worlds.

Frankly, I don't think Anya Taylor-Joy would be a great choice for a younger version of Furiosa.

That said, I'm glad that Miller wants to do a spin-off prequel without Max. I think the New Max's story is finished, there's nothing more to add. His character's arc is perfect the way it is, leave "Fury Road" alone.

Furiosa could become the "Supergirl-like spin-off character" of the Mad Max World. So bring it on.

I'm kind of shocked there's so much skepticism around here. I thought everyone was in agreement Charlize Theron's Furiosa was the BEST thing about Mad Max: Fury Road (in terms of characters and acting) by a miles. Visuals aside, she was the heart of the movie.

I always was more interested in seeing more of Theron's Furiosa than I was Hardy's Mad Max, so the idea of doing a movie just about her always seemed smart. That said, I'm quite surprised that it's going to be an origin story that will require recasting. Maybe they'll Godfather Part II it where we have her young and old? In any event, Anya Taylor-Joy is a great actress and is just looking for the role that will put her over the top into movie stardom. So this could be it, and I'd be happy for her to pull it off.

... I also agree with what CaptainWagner said earlier. It's interesting that everyone says they love Furiosa, but that her getting a movie is given the same treatment as when a Harley Quinn movie was announced or a Captain Marvel movie (even though, sadly, CM didn't end up being very great, IMO).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"