Rogue One Mads Mikkelsen is Galen Erso

Breogan

My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey
Reaction score
Announced on D23 that Mads Mikkelsen is in Rogue One.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/s...t-photo-mads-mikkelsen-alan-tudyk-1201571071/

313px-Jhared_Montferrat.png

^ Not official Rogue One art or character.
His likeness was used for admiral jhared montferrat in non related short story, Blade Squadron.

Mads-Le-Chiffre-mads-mikkelsen-34561315-658-370.jpg

Whether he is a Imperial or Rebel, or something else, has not been revealed.(as far as I know)
Who do people want him to play?

Last edited:
I think making him an Imperial is obvious, but maybe a bit too obvious? I'd love if he was some shady bounty hunter.

I'd love to see him play a Hans Landa from Inglorious Basterds type of role personally, or Cad Bane if they're using him.

He doesn't really sound like Cad Bane at all.

I personally would love it if Mads were a bounty hunter of somesort, since we were rumored to get them I think? I agree with the others that putting him in an Imperial suit spouting out commands would be too easy. I hope he gets a big role in the film.

For those curious about his role, and if he'll be a good guy or bad guy.
Although keep in mind in this film, those lines may be blurred.

Mads Mikkelsen - "my character is actually not a bad guy"

Can't vouch for how exact google translate is, if any Danish speakers want to confirm- from an interview at - http://ekstrabladet.dk/filmmagasine...dt-af-sloeret-for-sin-star-wars-rolle/5697741

- I can not talk about the film.

On the international movie database IMDB says you are second in the cast just after Felicity Jones. It suggests that it is a great role. Is it a big role?

- I have not actually noticed where I stand no. Two in the cast. It is probably because that the other might not have come on the list yet, says Mikkelsen with a smile.

But it is a big or a small role?

- It is a very important role, as much I can say.

But you're the bad guy?

- No, my character is actually not a bad guy, and then I can not say more, says Mads Mikkelsen, who will be in Denmark until the filming of the new Star Wars film starts in mid-September.

- I am also quite game, and I can say that the movie will be filmed in Iceland and England. And the filming lasts for three months.

Last part, he's probably referencing his filming schedule specifically.

Last edited:
Mads Mikkelsen Talks Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-mads-mikkelsen/

I believe that is true to a degree. It’s still the Star Wars universe, but there is… There might be a personal take on that from Gareth [Edwards], as well. And it should be like that, right? And tomorrow you will find me dead in a river somewhere because I said that.
It is a big thing, but so was Hannibal and so was Bond. The thing is, we don’t go to change the ‘thing’ about it. We address it as a job. We focus on the character and start working. We also are aware that it’s the Star Wars universe. We are aware. But that hat, we can’t wear all the time. We have to focus on each individual scene. So I think this is one of these things that will dawn on you later when you actually see the film. In the midst of it, it’s a different thing.

Did not catch him in the trailer

Could this be him?

1243w8.gif
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Doesn't that go against him saying he doesn't play a bad guy?

You can see the Emperor's Imperial Guards in the background.

Last edited:
Doesn't that go against him saying he doesn't play a big guy?

You can see the Emperor's Imperial Guards in the background.

That could also be Vader sans armor and back in a robe, bowing to the Emperor.
If it is Mads, his character may be conflicted, and actually help the Rebels steal the plans.

From some old rumours on **************: Just in case there's anything to them, I will spoiler tag...

"Mads Mikkelsen (Galen appears to be his name) is kind of the key to the film in a way. He is a scientist that took over the Geonosian Death Star project. He solved several of the flaws the Empire could not and is sort of a revered person in the Empire for his contributions. However, Mads Mikkelsen’s character is a Robert Oppenheimer type character. Robert Oppenheimer helped design the atomic bomb only to declare “Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” The guilt “Galen” feels for his contributions to the Empire become too much and he defects, attempting to make things right. In order to do this, he enlists the help of his only daughter…."

"Felicity Jones has to undo the devastation her family has unleashed onto the galaxy. Early versions of this character had her as a bounty hunter type of mercenary. But with the familial connections it appears as if this idea might not interface with the final stuff for the character so I’m hesitant to say she’s a bounty hunter/mercenary type in the final iterations of the film. I believe she is probably a scientist type herself in character of the mission to get the plans, added by bounty hunters, in this final iteration. But I could be wrong about that part."

An older rumor which could connect:
"Nighttime. Trees and bushes in the distance but you can see structures far out. In a clearing there’s a little girl outside a fence. Her family is on the other side. The father is shouting to the little girl and Stormtroopers are coming for them. Mom is crying, older son looks resigned. Little girl has one foot behind her as if she’s about to run. Stormtroopers had backpacks on with tubular rifles."

So maybe he was taken away and forced to work for them because of his skills? Maybe he complies to stop them killing Jyn or his family

A bit about Mads Mikkelson's character revealed. [BLACKOUT]He's Jyn's father.[/BLACKOUT]

A bit about Mads Mikkelson's character revealed. [BLACKOUT]He's Jyn's father.[/BLACKOUT]

Making Star Wars' sources were right on the money then, wonder if everything else they said is true...

Given that Jyn has apparently been "on her own" from 15, then I'm guessing that they likely won't have the warmest/closest/smoothest relationship in this film. And it's not like "daddy issues" haven't been a REALLY common narrative device in SW films before. So that being the case here as well wouldn't be at all surprising.

I hope that the rumors about him end up being true. An Imperial who helped to create a WMD essentially, but then had major regrets/remorse about it and is trying to "make things right" now. That'd be so much more interesting than him just essentially being Jyn's version of Vader (evil dad trying to turn his daughter to evil).

Mads on Sky news UK talking about his role, nothing new, but more Mads is always a good thing :yay:

uj2TseM.gif

w8W2kDo.gif

My bet is still on Lor San Tekka.

I've been hearing this a lot. Could be the best way to tie things in with the main storyline without going too far like having Jyn be Rey's mom.

Title moderators, we have the name officially: Galen Erso

Mads Mikkelsen’s Galen Erso, the estranged father of Jyn, is described as the Star Wars version of the father of nuclear weapons, J. Robert Oppenheimer, and the kind of scientist that both the Rebellion and Empire are eager to use to their advantage. “He’s one of those people that has insight into you know specific aspects of just how the universe works,” says Hart.

Finally the first image of Galen...

17ghq6.gif

It was interesting what he said about what he thought his charter believes, a scientist who he had invented something so beautiful, so fantastic, that it might change the universe.

Could be the Empire took what he created and perverted it into the Death Star, or he's talking about his daughter?

Last edited:
Finally the first image of Galen...

17ghq6.gif

It was interesting what he said about what he thought his charter believes, a scientist who he had invented something so beautiful, so fantastic, that it might change the universe.

Could be the Empire took what he created and perverted it into the Death Star, or he's talking about his daughter?

I think the Death Star is most likely, but that's an interesting theory about Jyn.

I wasn't able to watch it but have been refreshing MM's Tumblr tag like it's my job :oldrazz:

Bigger image, original source fysw

1hhn1Jo.jpg

Gifs created by sirenja-and-the-stag

dsjRJR6.gif

0TYGMNI.gif

HHRaYmJ.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member