Marc Webb’s Gifted Starring Chris Evans

LoganGambit87

Sidekick
Reaction score
Frank Adler (Chris Evans) is a single man raising a child prodigy – his spirited young niece Mary (Mckenna Grace) – in a coastal town in Florida. Frank’s plans for a normal school life for Mary are foiled when the seven-year-old’s mathematical abilities come to the attention of Frank’s formidable mother Evelyn (Lindsay Duncan) whose plans for her granddaughter threaten to separate Frank and Mary. Octavia Spencer plays Roberta, Frank and Mary’s landlady and best friend. Jenny Slate is Mary’s teacher, Bonnie, a young woman whose concern for her student develops into a connection with her uncle as well.
gifted-chris-evans-452x600.jpg

Official Trailer
[YT]x7CAjpdRaXU[/YT]

good to see marc webb bounce back after asm2.
felt bad for the guy - asm 2 was not that bad. in fact, i loved much about it!

Looks pretty good. Completely blanked that it was directed by Webb until now.

Based on the trailer, it looks like a very by-the-books film with some very conventional conflicts. I think, as long as the performances are astounding, that'll win over critics/audiences, because it seems to have a standard plot.

Definitely gonna see this. Looks like a feel-good movie and I wanna support the good Captain.

Oh and Chris Evans for Nathan Drake. He would do a great job. Might be a bit too old though if they're looking for a late-20s Drake.

Got to see this Saturday. I really enjoyed this movie. I laughed and I cried (and I'm not kidding on that). It's a really charming movie. All of the actors involved were phenomenal. McKenna Grace as Mary is absolutely adorable and the chemistry between her and Chris in portraying the niece/uncle-but more like daughter/father relationship was great. Loved Ocatvia Spencer in it as Roberta - who was also very much a part of this 'patchwork' family.

If I had to pick a favorite part, it's hard because there's a lot, but among my favorites was definitely near the end when Frank (Chris Evans)
not only rescues Fred from the shelter, but takes/adopts the other 2 cats that were also on death row along with him too

I definitely recommend this movie and will definitely be buying it on home release.

Oscar candidate?
What do you think?

This was definitely better than the Lifetime Original Movie the previews made it look like. Evans was fine but McKenna Grace acted circles around everyone else in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"