• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Margot Kidder dies aged 69

Kevin Roegele

Do you mind if I don't?
Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/may/14/margot-kidder-superman-movie-lois-lane-dies-aged-69

Sad news. She was wonderful as Lois Lane, but she also had a long list of credits in other movies, TV and stage, as well as political activism that she concentrated on in her later years.

ap_18134599934601-6de14cd268cfafa271eed43f54b92843c671eb30-s900-c85.jpg

Hard to believe both her and Christopher Reeve are gone now...

So sad she wasn't even that old. My grandparents are older than her. First Leia now Lois? Sucks donkey balls.

Kind of hope that she and Reeve are hanging out somewhere up there.

Found myself very sad about this. Will watch "Superman: The Movie" again asap.

:( Nobody's going to top her version of Lois, basically ever.

Very sad news to hear, but not unsurprising sadly given her personal struggles away from her film work.

Clark & Lois '78 back together now. RIP.

Not unnsurprising due to her personal struggles? What would her breakdown have to do with it? Sounds like it was natural causes, or at least the news articles on it aren't hinting at it being an OD or intentional harm.

Yea there's no indication she committed suicide. You don't die in your sleep from having bipolar disorder.

My first incarnation of Lois Lane. Made the chemistry between herself & Reeve believable. RIP

RIP Margot Kidder :(

Gone too soon.

Her battle with mental illness and subsequent charity work is well worth mentioning.

Everyone will say Lois this, Lois that, and she's great in that part, but I want to give special mention to her part in DePalma's sisters. Such a great role for a good thriller. I also like The Amityille Horror. Chilling stuff. This is such sad news. I've had Williams's concert love theme arrangment on repeat for a while now. RIP!!!

Not unnsurprising due to her personal struggles? What would her breakdown have to do with it? Sounds like it was natural causes, or at least the news articles on it aren't hinting at it being an OD or intentional harm.

Yes, sorry, badly written on my behalf, not sure why wrote it like that. I think what I was trying to say was it was incredibly sad she experienced such a lot of mental health battles in her life. Appreciate these were not a DIRECT trigger for her death. My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"