Marlon Brando biopic starring ANTHONY HOPKINS???

skorponok

----------
Reaction score
http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3506810

Hopkins to Star as Brando in Biopic
By WENN| Thursday, June 22, 2006
Photo GalleryHOLLYWOOD - Welsh actor Anthony Hopkins is reportedly piling on the pounds to star in a biopic of late screen legend Marlon Brando.
The 68-year-old will play Brando in his later years. Apocalypse Now star Brando died in July 2004.

An insider tells British newspaper The Sun, "The movie tells the story of Brando's whole life and Anthony is already on a special diet to get up to the required weight for his role. But he's still a long way to go.

"Anthony will also wear prosthetic facial features and is watching Brando's films to get the right image inside his head and get the American accent right."

I personally think that most people would be more interested in seeing a film about Brando's earlier years. This film would likely focus on some of the tragedy that befell his family and children in his later years...although that could be rather good, though this description seems to hint that perhaps a younger actor would play him as well since it says "his whole life"...

They COULD have waited a couple more years and slapped a prosthetic nose on me though :)

...and this is better than teh previous rumors I've read about Billy Zane, who is the kind of actor that existed BEFORE Brando, portraying him...

Isnt Ryan Phillippe gonna play the younger years?

I heard somewhere he will be, he's also apparently up for Harvey Dent

Is there any news if Brandon in his prime, will be portrayed?

Two of my favorite actors :up:
They have to touch on his younger days,he was so awesome :)

Hopkins can do anything. I have faith.

E-Mack said:
Is there any news if Brandon in his prime, will be portrayed?

Well it does say that it will cover bits of his entire life...

Meaning that they should cast me as young brando...throw a roman nose on me and I'm a dead ringer ;)

theShape said:
Hopkins can do anything. I have faith.

Exactly. It's not the most OBVIOUS casting but after you've had a moment to think it's quite good.

Marlon Brando is an idol to me in many ways and from what I can gather, we have similar personalities so it means a lot to me to see this done RIGHT.:up:

Hopkins is gonna need some good make up to make him look a bit like Brando. Personally I would've chosen either Brian Cox or Jon Voight.

Bad Superman said:
Hopkins is gonna need some good make up to make him look a bit like Brando. Personally I would've chosen either Brian Cox or Jon Voight.

Ooh...Brian Cox wouldn't be that hard to make up into an old Brando now that I think about it:eek:

Anthony Hopkins is not a bad choice at all!:up:

skorponok said:
Ooh...Brian Cox wouldn't be that hard to make up into an old Brando now that I think about it:eek:

Yep. Here's a pic comparisson:

Marlon_Brando.jpg

Marlon Brando

cox-brian-photo-xl-brian-cox-6208680.jpg

Brian Cox

I don't like this at all, I want an unknown, why get one the greatest actors to play the greatest actor

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"