Marvel Collector Corps Subscription Service

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

Avenger
Reaction score
trgm5nudv4klydxpm8yw.png

The rise of the Lootcrate-style service for nerdy merch has just gotten big with announcement that Marvel and Funko are teaming up on a Bi-monthly subscription service to deliver toys and merchandise to your doorstep. But if you're a regularly collector of Funko's Pop! Vinyls, you might not want to get too excited.

The loot deal is called the Marvel 'Collector Corps', and each $25 box, themed around a particular upcoming Marvel movie or comic event, will feature a T-Shirt (one of 4 designs), 2 'premium accessories', and one Funko vinyl toy. The allure of Marvel's subscription is that, unlike other subscription services of this ilk, every item in the box is 100% exclusive to the service. Not a variant of a widely accessible product - in fact, Funko themselves have offered such 'exclusive variants' to other subscription services, like Lootcrate - but a product that is straight up exclusive.

This is where it gets problematic.

The first box, due to ship in April, is themed around Avengers: Age of Ultron, and the revealed exclusive Funko Pop toy is... that Hulkbuster Iron Man that was revealed on Monday. Wondered why you perhaps couldn't find preorder links for it when it was announced? Well, now you know why. The Collector Corps website advertises the Hulkbuster toy as a 'sneak peak', the implication being that subscribers merely get the toy ahead of it going on wider release:

t4vr1p241zasqpntaq9d.png

But on Twitter, Marvel's own Ryan 'Agent M' Penagos confirmed that no, the only place you can get the Hulkbuster is now in this Collector Corps package

B8iRvtjCAAEtoii.jpg

It's a cool idea if you're more in it for the Marvel paraphernalia and haven't really gotten into collecting Funko's toys, but if you've been collecting Funko's Marvel products for a while, it seems like this Collector Corps service might start to leave some annoying holes in your collection.

https://www.collectorcorps.com/#homemore

Hell yeah! I'm all about this!

Also according to the site if you sign up now you will be considered a founding member and will get an exclusive statue every year that you stay in the program on your anniversary date. If you ever lapse in the service though you lose that status

I'm considering getting the AoU box. Its about 31 dollars with shipping. The Hulkbuster pop is exclusive to that box also. Won't be sold in stores. Do they usually tell you what MIGHT be included in these types of subscription boxes?

It will release every other month and they will have a preview for the next one on the site. All we know about what is included is in the post above but every item will be 100% exclusive to the service so you won't find these anywhere else. It's not variants of other stuff either

They usually will tease what's in it and reveal the theme for the month. My friend gets Nerdblock and is pretty happy with the service. I've never been interested because I felt I'd give most of the stuff away, but as a huge Marvel fanboy, I might just give in to this.

Same here, I'm a huge Marvel fanboy. I already do Loot Crate and have been very happy with it. This being just Marvel swag is the bees knees to me. All they had to say was exclusive t-shirt and I was already sold, everything else is just icing on the cake

One thing I do wonder about this is if they are going to do any promotion for the non-Marvel Studios stuff. I'm thinking they won't since they usually leave them out when they talk about stuff. But I'm assuing we will get some love in those departments if the characters are related to a comic event since they said those will be included for some boxes

I just cancelled my NerdBlock but I like this Marvel Only box. I don't get the Funko figures so I don't care about them. I wonder what else will be in there. If the NerdBlock is any indication, then it'll be a bunch of crap I would never buy for myself. Bookmarks, notepads and plushies? No thanks.

Do I want to spend 30 bucks every month for a t-shirt? That's the question.

And the non-Marvel Studios stuff? I don't think so either. But who wants a NuFant4stic Four shirt, anyways?

Guessing this is a US only thing?

Interesting....

Any idea what the "premium accessories" are?

Do you get to choose your size T-shirt?

Is it really twice a month? That seems excessive/expensive.

Any idea what the annual statue looks like?

Where did you hear/see about Carol becoming the next theme?

I feel like I'm 60% interested at this point.

EDIT: Sorry, I see that it's every OTHER month. Bi-monthly/bi-annual always confuses me.

So you have to pay $25 every month, and you'll get a Loot box with an exclusive Funko toy?

Interesting....

EDIT: Sorry, I see that it's every OTHER month. Bi-monthly/bi-annual always confuses me.
There's a photo of the statue on the site. Ant-Man is the theme for June I believe. And yes you get to choose what size T shirt you want.

I think I'm gonna try it out just for April and see if I like it enough to get it again sometime.

I just subscribed for the Founders program! Exciting!

Interesting....

Yes you can pick what size shirt and every MCU movie will be featured once it gets close to the release of the respective movie

I was possibly interested, wavering on whether or not to make the leap, but I guess it not being available to people outside the US made my mind up for me.

I can live without the Hulkbuster, or an Ant-Man in June. The ones I'd really be itching for would be a Daredevil (or a Kingpin!) in conjunction with the Netflix show, and a Doctor Strange next year. If we get those in future I'll start to howl about the injustice of the UK being frozen out.

I'm sure they will expand it in the near future. There is way too much money to be made in the foreign market by not doing so.

Also according to the site if you sign up now you will be considered a founding member and will get an exclusive statue every year that you stay in the program on your anniversary date. If you ever lapse in the service though you lose that status

that's only if you buy the annual package i think

Age of Ultron is the April theme

Ant-Man is the June

Last edited:

Right. And there's not really an opportunity to lapse in your contract as you pay the $190 ($150 plus shipping and taxes) up front. I just paid and I guess I'll be due my annual statue next January even though my subscription won't end until next April.

Once this ships to the UK i will be cancelling my LootCrate and getting this. LootCrate has just went downhill, my opinion anyway, and i've been looking for something Marvel oriented for a while now.

Right. And there's not really an opportunity to lapse in your contract as you pay the $190 ($150 plus shipping and taxes) up front. I just paid and I guess I'll be due my annual statue next January even though my subscription won't end until next April.

No you don't have to buy it a year at a time. You can do the monthly and still get the statue every year as long as you never lapse in the payment. The only thing is you have to sign up now before whenever the cut off date for this first box is and you are considered a founder. I'll be doing it on the every other month basis. And I'm pretty sure you will get an initial founder trophy for signing up but I could be wrong about that

I hope so but the way it was listed on their website was really only a this or that option. That being said, I don't see why they wouldn't give one the annual trophy after six straight payments.

Ahh it looks like I was mistaken then, I just clicked on the founders program thing and it does appear that you have to sign up for the whole year at once to get it

EDIT: Ya that kind of blows, one would have to drop almost $200 out the gate to get on that. I know I want it though so I still may do it. The only thing that sucks is other comparable subscription services give you a bit of a break when you buy the big package and you don't get that with this service. The only perk is the yearly founder statue

SECOND EDIT: My only issue with that is making sure I have enough funds when it hits next year. I never know what the hell I'll be doing or what my situation will be a year from now

Last edited:
Right! If it's an automatic renewal then I hope I have my ducks in a row as I'll have probably forgot about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"