Marvel Films create some brand-new concepts

Hypestyle

Superhero
Reaction score
I'd like to see Marvel films create some brand-new concepts for films and TV, and have those characters eventually make their way into the comics. It has already happened with Agent Phil Coulson, so there is some precedent for this. It can happen again.

I think that this is unavoidable, the minds behind the movies will allways get new ideas and use them on the movies, i just hope they aren't bad new concepts.

Another new concept introduced was J.A.R.V.I.S.

Sure, it'll happen. Just like stuff from the Ultimates universe affected the movies/regular universe/cartoons (Coulson in the Spider-Man series). They'll adapt to whatever works.

I'm very worried that they'll be so many new concepts that the comics will be based on the films :o

there are WAY too many cool characters/concepts to pull from with out creating new ones.

a secondary character like Coulson is one thing and I was fine with him, but I don't want to see new "Marvel" heroes created for the screen - not when guys like the Eternals, Devil Dinosaur, Black Panther, the Inhumans, etc., etc., etc. are untapped...

There's also the middle ground case: existing characters and concepts that are reworked and reinvented so heavily for the movie or TV adaptation, that they might as well be new characters. I suspect we will get some more of those over time.

I think throwing in a new well-written minor villain, like BTAS did with Harley Quinn, would be pretty cool...

how could we say Marvel films is not good, they've already produced tons of awesome films

As with anything, I think there's a balance. Creating a character like Coulson was great and worked well, but he was still a rather minor character. Personally I like to think of the MCU as a completely separate verse, like Ultimates. while it uses the comics as source material, I hope it continues to do its own thing as well instead of following too closely. Some new backgrounds, new relationships; they have the opportunity, so why not use it? I don't think the films should really influence the books, though, unless they want to make another new universe to play in. Let the books be the books and the movies the movies, that way everybody wins. :D

Whiplash is a good example striking a balance - a lot of his visuals were new to me, but his name and back story were at least based upon existing villains and characters. Sure they rolled him in with Crimson Dynamo - and really dropped the ball at the end by not having his body armor be at least primer red [get it?] - but at least they were not just starting from scratch.
With over 50 years of history and characters to pull from, why would you not start with the books and go from there...reworking when and as needed...

there are WAY too many cool characters/concepts to pull from with out creating new ones.

a secondary character like Coulson is one thing and I was fine with him, but I don't want to see new "Marvel" heroes created for the screen - not when guys like the Eternals, Devil Dinosaur, Black Panther, the Inhumans, etc., etc., etc. are untapped...

Except there are many comic book characters who were created in other media and were introduced into the comics later on: Harley Quinn, Firestar, X-23 etc. So is there anything wrong with those characters or can there be a benefit to introducing new characters in other media?

It will always be a give-and-take when it comes to crossing over media. When you create something that an audience likes, that's all that matters.

Without non-comic sources, we might not have Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, or kryptonite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"