Legends Marvel's Star Wars #1...and beyond.

Hmmm is that normal? Or is just because I subscribed a few weeks ago?

It is for me, I subscribe to Amazing Spider-Man and the fastest I get an issue is one week after the last issue came out, sometimes I get an issue and a newer issue is already available in stores. It could depend on where you live, but the only good thing about the service is saving money, not speed. I don't know why I keep renewing my subscription.

Interesting I talked to someone else about this and they said when you first subscribe (especially if it's only a few weeks before) there can be a longer delay. Especially with something like Star Wars that is selling like candy.

But it now says my Darth Vader #1 is in process right now. Which does not come out until 2/11/15. My SW #1 did not go into "process" until a few days before January 14th. So hopefully this starts to speed up a bit for me.

Interesting I talked to someone else about this and they said when you first subscribe (especially if it's only a few weeks before) there can be a longer delay. Especially with something like Star Wars that is selling like candy.

But it now says my Darth Vader #1 is in process right now. Which does not come out until 2/11/15. My SW #1 did not go into "process" until a few days before January 14th. So hopefully this starts to speed up a bit for me.

That's interesting, if you get Darth Vader on release day I will hate your superior subsection. :p

I got issue of Amazing Spider-Man 12 in today, guess what? Amazing Spider-Man 13 came out today at retailers. :dry:

It might be until Amazing 14 is out before I get 13.

That's interesting, if you get Darth Vader on release day I will hate your superior subsection. :p

I got issue of Amazing Spider-Man 12 in today, guess what? Amazing Spider-Man 13 came out today at retailers. :dry:

It might be until Amazing 14 is out before I get 13.

Hmmm. Well I guess I will find out soon enough lol. Heck I think SW#2 comes out 2/4/15 last I read. So hell I may get SW#1 by that time lol.

What I keep wondering, maybe someone else can answer this:

When you subscribe to the SW Comics...do you just get the regular cover? Or do you attain one of the variants randomly?

I thought variants were a possibility, but I've been subscribed to Amazing since 2013 and have yet to get any variants. :(

I know there are subscription variants out there, but maybe not for ones directly from Marvel anymore? Maybe only retailers get subscription variants?

I hope I get a variant (well a good one lol). I know when I went to the comic shop the other day the guy said the Alex Ross one was 1/200. Out of all of them that is the one I wanted the most.

So Star Wars #2 came out and once again it was another fantastic issue. Aaron is killing it on this series.

Why is Vader allowing slavery to continue like this, i know he got evil after turning to the dark side, but considering his reaction to the existence of slavery, his past, and his constant desire to change the galaxy, i would have expected him to have done some not-so-evil things during the days of the Empire.

Why is Vader allowing slavery to continue like this, i know he got evil after turning to the dark side, but considering his reaction to the existence of slavery, his past, and his constant desire to change the galaxy, i would have expected him to have done some not-so-evil things during the days of the Empire.
The dude goes around murdering people left and right. Uses Stormtroopers as shields and tortures people. You expect him to care about slavery if his boss wants to use slavery? Really?

The dude goes around murdering people left and right. Uses Stormtroopers as shields and tortures people. You expect him to care about slavery if his boss wants to use slavery? Really?

No, not realy, just an observation. In The Clone Wars Anakin still hated the existence of slavery though, and even though he turned to the dark side, he was still Anakin, i mean, then what does he live for? Didn't Vader in a way fight for his oun warped sence of justice? While they brought more bad than good to the galaxy, i would expect the Empire to in least do a few decent things, you gotta keep some of the morale up in some way. Even Nazi Germany had to do more than just killing.

So no, i'm not completely surprised by this, but i would have been hoping for more shades of grey in Darth Vader's characterization now, instead of just having him as a ruthless unstopable killing machine like we were suggested before Vader was revealed as being Anakin. I would be hoping for Vader to now and then correct the wrongs that Anakin used to complain about, i mean, he follows his ideas about what he tought was wrong with Democracy, why wouldn't he also follow other ideas of what he tought was wrong in the galaxy? Or try to destroy one of the things that has caused him the most pain in life? It would give more reasons for Luke to sence good in Vader, besides just "sencing it due to the force".

It's not realy that the comic was bad, it was very entertaining, but i just find this a bit of wasted potential.

No, he isn't Anakin. That is kind of the whole point of Vader. That is why Luke has to work so hard to find his father inside that mechanical demon.

No, he isn't Anakin. That is kind of the whole point of Vader. That is why Luke has to work so hard to find his father inside that mechanical demon.

Vader was still born from Anakin's personality, wasn't it? Many of the problems in him were also found in Anakin himself. I though Vader was just a more corrupt and ruthless version of Anakin.

What i'm just not so much a fan of is Darth Vader doing evil just for evil's sake, i always found Vader a more interesting character when he has shades in his personality.

Last edited:
Twenty years pass between the PT and ANH...20...years. That is a lot of time for a human. During that time Vader has been ensnared in the Dark Side, under the tutelage of Sidious, murdering people on any given day, dealing with constant pain, is emotionally switched off, killed his wife, thinks he killed his kids, killed countless children and civilians, was nearly killed by his mentor and believes his mentor betrayed him, caused the death of the Jedi and their Order, participated in genocide and torture etc. Etc. So when people say "Vader isn't the Anikan of the PT" they are absolutely right. Vader isn't Anikan. He's 20 years older and went through some ****, and it's changed him a great deal. So as to why Vader would allow slavery when Anikan hated slavery? Vader isn't Anikan. It takes Luke the most stubborn "won't take no for an answer" kid in the universe, to break through that 20 years of crap to find Anikan in there.

He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil. So worrying about why he has slaves when he's casually twisting the necks of his loyal Stormtroopers should be the least of your worries, Lord.

The people who work for him more or less know what they're in for, Anakin himself never had much patience for incompetence. With all of his speeches for "Together, we will rule the galaxy", i would be expecting him to do more than just evil for evil's sake.

Why do you keep referring him as Anakin? I think you're thinking too much of the prequels when this comic is dealing with the originals.

And Darth Vader in A New Hope was pretty evil. A straight laced bulldog who's abrasive and very hands on. AND he was picked on by Imperial Officers, though he would Force chock them to death.

Vader wasn't really the Vader that we know and loved till 'Empire Strikes Back'. Not to say Vader wasn't awesome in A New Hope, but certain things just evolved as the movies went on. Naturally.

Because the Prequels are still canon...and so is The Clone Wars show, which portrayed the kind of Anakin i just don't see doing all this for nothing, even if he was turned to the dark side. I know how he was in A New Hope, and they had him that way because they didn't realy know what was to come for the character, the following films pretty much retconned that in ANH he wasn't completely evil, unless we start viewing the Darth Vader from each film as a different character...

The people who work for him more or less know what they're in for, Anakin himself never had much patience for incompetence. With all of his speeches for "Together, we will rule the galaxy", i would be expecting him to do more than just evil for evil's sake.

In ROTS, Anikan kills and participates in the death of children and Jedi the galaxy over, participates in a coup led by a psychopathic Sith, is complicit in the enslavement of an entire galaxy, abuses his wife, and endangers his own unborn children. In ANH, Vader stands by and is complicit in the destruction of an entire planet, kills Obi-wan, tortures Leia with a mind prob, and kills rebels in the attempt to protect the Death Star so he and the Empire can go around blowing up other planets that get in their way. In ESB, he kills multiple officers and rebels, tortures Han, cuts Luke's hand off, tries to abduct Chewie and Leia with plans to do God-only-knows-what to them, and then tries to corrupt his own son and drag him down the path of the dark side so he could gain more power and rule the galaxy himself. Vader is an evil power hungry monster from ROTS until ROTJ. Vader isn't the person you are trying to paint him as.

In the words of Yoda:

tumblr_n5zsifSfdE1t10j7ho3_250.gif
tumblr_n5zsifSfdE1t10j7ho4_250.gif

tumblr_n5zsifSfdE1t10j7ho1_250.gif
tumblr_n5zsifSfdE1t10j7ho2_250.gif

tumblr_n5zsifSfdE1t10j7ho5_250.gif
tumblr_n5zsifSfdE1t10j7ho6_250.gif

The Anakin who hated slavery "died" in ROTS, and he doesn't return until ROTJ. Vader doesn't mind using slavery and a whole host of other heinous means to accomplish his goals.

Last edited:
Because the Prequels are still canon...and so is The Clone Wars show, which portrayed the kind of Anakin i just don't see doing all this for nothing, even if he was turned to the dark side. I know how he was in A New Hope, and they had him that way because they didn't realy know what was to come for the character, the following films pretty much retconned that in ANH he wasn't completely evil, unless we start viewing the Darth Vader from each film as a different character...

Wow, dude.

When writing stuff about Vader during the OT, you can have hints of Anakin and his humanity, but that shouldn't govern the choices that DARTH VADER would do.

You can't have the 'What would Anakin do' hovering over the writers of the comics. It's counter-productive.

But the thing is, most of the evil things he did were to either gain power or keep that power, but once he has that power, it's jsut weird that he would be doing evil for evil's sake. I know Vader does things Anakin wouldn't, but he's Anakin deep inside, was he not? Didn't he become Vader in order to gain the power he wanted to accomplish his dreams? I know he did a lot of twisted stuff, but it's not like even Adolf Hittler was doing all that s*** for fun, he did believe in what he was doing, Vader however, is going against what he believed in.

What i think is counter-productive is ignoring all the shades we have gotten to his character in order to make some stories on what the writers used to believe Darth Vader was like in ANH, before we actualy got to see the character in other situations and know there was more to him than that.

But the thing is, most of the evil things he did were to either gain power or keep that power, but once he has that power, it's jsut weird that he would be doing evil for evil's sake. I know Vader does things Anakin wouldn't, but he's Anakin deep inside, was he not? Didn't he become Vader in order to gain the power he wanted to accomplish his dreams? I know he did a lot of twisted stuff, but it's not like even Adolf Hittler was doing all that s*** for fun, he did believe in what he was doing, Vader however, is going against what he believed in.

What i think is counter-productive is ignoring all the shades we have gotten to his character in order to make some stories on what the writers used to believe Darth Vader was like in ANH, before we actualy got to see the character in other situations and know there was more to him than that.
What are you talking about? Having slaves is not evil for evil sake. They are incredibly cheap labor used to run the Empire. There is a clear reason.

You also seem to not realize what Anakin wanted. He wanted absolute power, the ability to stop nature. To keep his loved ones from dying. And in doing so lost everything. Thus he had no reason to exist. Without anything to care about he became evil incarnate. The dark side feeds on that, and turns Force wielders into hateful beings.

And seriously, you need to go back and watch the original trilogy, the ones that were first. Vader did incredible evil things left and right. His first spark of humanity came with Luke. He was what awoken the goodness in him. It is why come RotJ he only halfheartedly duels him. He'd rather die then kill his son. You can actually tell at the end of Empire he is done. When he watches his son fall and then later calls out to Luke. It makes it clear why he was so hell bent on hunting Luke down. Not to kill him, but out of love and care that he doesn't even seem to realize or even understand. One of the reason Empire is so incredibly poignant imo.

Last edited:

Oh my God. Really?

Maybe in the special edition of A New Hope Lucas should've added Vader's inner monologue though out the movie, feeling bad everything. About killing that one Rebel solder, or chocking that one Imperial officer. OR when the Death Star destroyed an entire planet. Casual mass genocide for the win. Slavery..oh that's just bad.

"Qui Gon and Yoda would've disapproved. Sigh!" Conflicted! Drama!

Oh my God. Really?

Maybe in the special edition of A New Hope Lucas should've added Vader's inner monologue though out the movie, feeling bad everything. About killing that one Rebel solder, or chocking that one Imperial officer. OR when the Death Star destroyed an entire planet. Casual mass genocide for the win. Slavery..oh that's just bad.

"Qui Gon and Yoda would've disapproved. Sigh!" Conflicted! Drama!
cLumOK9.jpg

You people act as if that kind of selective ideal didn't exist, just because Vader was willing to blow up a planet and kill innocents in order to keep his power, that doesn't mean slavery didn't cause him an impact. You people are realy acting as if it was such a ridiculous idea, Adolf Hittler caused millions of deaths, yet he was also a vegetarian, just because Vader did plenty of evil things, it doesn't mean he wouldn't have tried to actualy accomplish anything else.

But alright, if you want your Star Wars as black and white then good for you, silly me for expecting better development for the villains...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"