World Marvel's Trump Card

LarryLegend said:
Come on, JMS makes it all up as he goes along. There is no master plan. Its just randomly generated poor stories month after month.

Sadly sometimes it really seems that way :(

If, and this is a HUGE if, Marvel even so much as thinks of bringing baby May back it will still suck. So far just about every story with a great lead in has blown up in our faces. The Other was supposed to deal with the life threatening disease and new appearance of Morlun...funny, I don't remember gigantic plot holes, MJ and May in Iron Man suits, and STINGERS as a part of that plug. I guess they must have left that part out.Hell even Sins Past sounded like an exciting read before everyone had to flip through the panels of a certain black headband sporting young lady getting screwed by the freakin Green Goblin! Can you imagine how badly they would f*** up a story with baby May!?! As someone who actually likes the idea of Peter and MJ having a family, I say keep Marvel as far away from this story as possible. I would rather it remain in limbo than have them destroy little Mayday.

deathshead2 said:
I think don't think Marvel will use it they want to stay as far away from the clone saga as possible.

That must be why Ultimate Spidey is hitting the 100th issue with the...wait for it...

CLONE SAGA! :eek: :o
Bet ya didn't see that one comin' ;)
Honestly it isn't the clone saga marvel is afraid of, it's Pete showing any signs of evolution in his character. Marvel is willing to give us Totem spider gods and Gwen Goblin children before Peter and MJ's child. Spider-man can't age, but he can have stingers! :p

spideylover89 said:
That must be why Ultimate Spidey is hitting the 100th issue with the...wait for it...

CLONE SAGA! :eek: :o
Bet ya didn't see that one comin' ;)
Honestly it isn't the clone saga marvel is afraid of, it's Pete showing any signs of evolution in his character. Marvel is willing to give us Totem spider gods and Gwen Goblin children before Peter and MJ's child. Spider-man can't age, but he can have stingers! :p

The Ultimate Clone Sage will be nothing like 616's. We've already met Ben Reilly in USM, remember?

Marvel probably isn't as afraid of the Clone Saga as they once were, and JoeQ may even be getting cocky enough to want to bring it back up as an in-story event. But considering that they already feel like Peter is too tied-down with his wife, I seriously doubt that they're going to introduce a child into his life.

Unless it's just to kill her off for good. Don't scoff; you know they'd do it.

WhatIfTales said:
If we assume Ezekial knew what he was talking about, his exact words when first encountering Peter were

"I'm about to yank your chain like nobody else ever has before and nobody ever will again. So listen carefully. Did the radiation enable the spider to give you these powers? Or was the spider trying to give you those powers before the radiation killed it?"

Ezekial was inferring to Pete that his belief that his powers stemmed from being accidentally bitten by a radioactive spider was in error......Ezekial was clearly telling Pete that the radiation merely sped up the spider's resolve to transfer his powers (a pre-destined action) to the "chosen one" before the "radiation" that in this theory is merely an unplanned variable, killed it.

There may have been something written after this that suggests the mystical spider required the radiation but I personally don't recall it................

Great post! Exactly. The radiation suppossedly has nothing to do with Peter becoming Spider-Man. The Spider-God sent his little spider henchmen to go bite Peter and coincidently went to the science experiment to do it and coincendently got killed by the radiation as he was biting Peter. Now if this has all been a trick, it's not one that can make many fans happy and has gone on for too many YEARS!

but we know it's not a trick, JMS may retcon his own lame, silly origin but he still meant for it to stick, especially creating the 'Other' and additional powers which solidifies this mystical origin.

Now JMS has signed an EXTENSION to keep writing Spider-Man. It's a complete joke, what's become of Spider-Man continuity and theme, but he's getting rewarded for his "effort."

Like what was just posted by Larry, JMS seems to be writing "on the fly."

So if you get off on a writer because they keep delivering the entertainment value you believe is 1st rate, than you may like Spider-Man comics by JMS, just because he is writing them.

But it's really inconceivable to me that a fan of the Spider-Man theme and continuity would have any positive interest in what JMS has done and continues to do, unless you completely ignore your previous love for continuity and theme and disillusion yourself into believing witty dialogue and Aunt May being spunky is more important to you.

dan1 said:
Great post! Exactly. The radiation suppossedly has nothing to do with Peter becoming Spider-Man. The Spider-God sent his little spider henchmen to go bite Peter and coincidently went to the science experiment to do it and coincendently got killed by the radiation as he was biting Peter. Now if this has all been a trick, it's not one that can make many fans happy and has gone on for too many YEARS!

but we know it's not a trick, JMS may retcon his own lame, silly origin but he still meant for it to stick, especially creating the 'Other' and additional powers which solidifies this mystical origin.

Now JMS has signed an EXTENSION to keep writing Spider-Man. It's a complete joke, what's become of Spider-Man continuity and theme, but he's getting rewarded for his "effort."

Like what was just posted by Larry, JMS seems to be writing "on the fly."

So if you get off on a writer because they keep delivering the entertainment value you believe is 1st rate, than you may like Spider-Man comics by JMS, just because he is writing them.

But it's really inconceivable to me that a fan of the Spider-Man theme and continuity would have any positive interest in what JMS has done and continues to do, unless you completely ignore your previous love for continuity and theme and disillusion yourself into believing witty dialogue and Aunt May being spunky is more important to you.

SPOT ON, friend.

Anyway, the whole baby May thing, if dug up again would be a disaster. But then, it's already a disaster as it currently stands.

Really, everything is a disaster these days.

MaxCarnage said:
The Ultimate Clone Sage will be nothing like 616's. We've already met Ben Reilly in USM, remember?

Marvel probably isn't as afraid of the Clone Saga as they once were, and JoeQ may even be getting cocky enough to want to bring it back up as an in-story event. But considering that they already feel like Peter is too tied-down with his wife, I seriously doubt that they're going to introduce a child into his life.

Unless it's just to kill her off for good. Don't scoff; you know they'd do it.

It was a joke.
Chances are it could very well turn out like 616 clone saga though...horrible and confusing (sorry to the saga lovers here). :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"