Transformers Masterpiece Starscream Prototype Image

1987olds442

Sidekick
Reaction score
tfw2005 said:
Pinoy78 has discovered an image depicting the prototype of Masterpiece Starscream! The image appears to be scanned from a Japanese toy magazine, but it is definitely a first image of the actual toy. Hopefully a painted testshot will appear soon after!

Thanks to pinoy78 of the 2005 Boards for the news.
index.php

It IS nice, but I'll most-likely be getting Classics Starscream, instead, as it looks great and will be half the price of the Masterpiece version.

The Masterpiece line so far has been...

MP-01: Convoy

MP-02: Magnus (Convoy with a white repaint)

MP-03: Starscream

MP-04: Convoy Complete (Convoy with a trailer)

Four Masterpiece toys and 3 of them are the same figure. I imagine MP-05 through MP-07 will be Thundercracker, Skywarp and Sunstorm, if this trend continues.

Interesting design pictures have recently showed up on some transformers boards of a mystery Megatron maybe a MP-05?

altmegsart.jpg

And just for fun I did a quick recolor in his G2 colors...

altmegsart-G2.jpg

They're supposedly selling the trailer already for OP on eBay, and it's quite expensive. I really want OP first before I would get Starscream, but starscream looks badass.

1987olds442 said:
Interesting design pictures have recently showed up on some transformers boards of a mystery Megatron maybe a MP-05?

altmegsart.jpg

OOhhh...I can only wish.

Probably gunna look at purchasing Starscream, a must have for any collector :up:

wow... i regret buying my optimus during the 1st release... >__<

timomos said:
wow... i regret buying my optimus during the 1st release... >__<

why? I wish I HAD Optimus. Still need to get that.

NikeHead said:
why? I wish I HAD Optimus. Still need to get that.
I think he means because that if he waited and got MP-04 Prime/Convoy he would have Prime and his trailer....

1987olds442 said:
I think he means because that if he waited and got MP-04 Prime/Convoy he would have Prime and his trailer....

Well, there are some places that are selling the trailer seperate. Ebay for one, and then there's some other stores as well. They go for like $50 ish.

Here's one on eBay for $30. Kind of a bit much for shipping, but just as long as you know that the trailer is availble by itself so you dont have to regret just getting optimus.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Optimus-Prime-2...goryZ753QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

NikeHead said:
Well, there are some places that are selling the trailer seperate. Ebay for one, and then there's some other stores as well. They go for like $50 ish.

Here's one on eBay for $30. Kind of a bit much for shipping, but just as long as you know that the trailer is availble by itself so you dont have to regret just getting optimus.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Optimus-Prime-20th-Anivasary-trailer_W0QQitemZ160026671661QQihZ006QQcategoryZ753QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
True...But those trailers don't transform in his base mode.

Like the one in the ebay auction you linked to is only a Trailer. It's for looks alone as in it doesn't transform in the mobile base like the one pictured above that comes with MP-04.

1987olds442 said:
Like the one in the ebay auction you linked to is only a Trailer. It's for looks alone as in it doesn't transform in the mobile base like the one pictured above that comes with MP-04.

Oh ok I see. But there are some that do transform as well. I'll look for some later.

NikeHead said:
Oh ok I see. But there are some that do transform as well. I'll look for some later.
Those usually go for as much as you would spend on a new MP-04 with the trailer. They are great hand built pieces, but costly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"