Matilda remake based on the stage production

This actually looks like it could be a fun watch.

Really outstanding teaser. I'd forgotten this was happening and hadn't thought much about how they'd promote it so, even though it was the obvious choice for the trailer song, hearing those few snippets of 'Revolting Children' got me hyped. This is such a lovely show, and so far it looks to get done justice. A shame it's on Netflix, because it could have been really strong Christmas counter-programming at the theaters.

While I still wish they'd have left the Trunchbull as a drag role, Thompson does look great so far.

This actually looks so much fun. I’m totally unfamiliar with the musical but that teaser had me feeling nostalgic and hyped.

Oh my gosh I’m overjoyed, it looks fabulous! Can’t wait to watch with my niece!

I'll be checking it out but what is going on at the 2:00 mark in that trailer? I remember Matilda used her powers to write a message on the chalkboard to scare the Trunchbull in the book/original movie but I don't remember her conjuring a Silent Hill boss! :eek::eek::eek:

Wow this looks great! I loved the show. This looks very faithful.

No one here has seen this yet? This was so so good. I have never seen the musical or heard the songs but this actually made me emotional a few times. I was hooked right from the totally adorable opening song. All the kids were great, Lashana Lynch and Emma Thompson were brilliant, and Stephen Graham and Andrea Riseborough as the parents were awesome too. Also the last song made me tear up so bad :cry:. Such a beautiful lovely movie.

I watched it over the holidays and forgot that there was a thread for it. It was well done, as someone who really liked the 1996 version as a kid it's also the rare occasion where two versions of the same story can peacefully co-exist. It's been over 25 years since I read the book but the musical version seemed more faithful to the source material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"