Mayans MC - Sons of Anarchy Spinoff

The premiere was okay, I guess... It's pretty much SOA without the interesting characters and actors. The theme song is the worst and Kurt Sutter is a cheeseball. Also, now the writers don't have to make characters say "Jesus Christ" all the time since they can drop the F-Bomb on FX :lmao:

Good first episode. Glad to be back in that world and loved that cameo. Also some parts took me by surprise. EZ is a good protagonist and the supporting characters are okay with room to grow. So overall a solid start.

Took a little while for me to really feel it, but as first episodes go, I think it went a long way toward getting me invested. The ways it set itself apart from SOA were infinitely more interesting to me than the similarities.

And that prison cameo? That's what I want from Better Call Saul when they (most likely inevitably) bring in Walt or Jesse. Nothing really consequential to the narrative, just a quick glimpse at their pre-S1 selves, like... bumping into another character while crossing the street.

But, yeah, that opening theme is dog shirt.

Really liked it, looking forward to the rest of the season.

Tuesday cable ratings: ‘Mayans MC’ premiere scores big
The series premiere of the much-anticipated “Sons of Anarchy” spin-off led the night with a 1.1 rating in adults 18-49 and 2.53 million viewers. Not only did this win the night, though, but it almost perfectly matched the 1.2 rating and 2.53 million viewers that “Sons of Anarchy” premiered with on FX back in 2008. The premiere is currently, the highest-rated episode of any FX show so far this year, but it may be dethroned by the upcoming “Apocalypse” season of “American Horror Story” next week.

Lol love the fight.

Miguel feels very much like a Michael Corleone kinda in tonight’s episode.

UIhiANF.gif

Yeah it was fun seeing him again.

Well I liked the first episode more than the pilot of Sons. And I like the crew. Especially "My bad." Its got the Sons flavor, but it's doing different things with the main character. And EZ and his brother and father actually seem to genuinely love each other in a healthy way which is nice after suffering through 7 seasons of the Teller family's dysfunctional BS. I'll continue watching.

There is a 24 minute bts video on YouTube about the making of series. It’s pretty cool and at the beginning Kurt talks a little bit about how Mayans sets up The First Nine.

No surprise but this got renewed for season 2. I’m still really enjoying this show so good news. Just like Better Call Saul this show honors the previous series while also being its own thing.
'Mayans MC' Renewed for Season 2 on FX

Finale tonight.

Well that was a gut punch of an ending. Can’t freaking wait for season 2. Great season overall.

Hell of a twist. :wow:

Like how Alvarez is doing things to not only keep his club in position of power but to honor Jax Teller. Loved that he'll be getting an expanded role next season as Devante's replacement as Galindo's 2nd in command.

Back to the twist. Hate to see that turn out to an all out war between the two clubs. Both sides sacrificed a lot to broker peace.

Last edited:
That ending twist was definitely unexpected. I am definitely willing to check out Season 2 just to see what they do with it. I enjoyed this show, but compared to the earlier seasons of SOA it pales comparison.

Returns tonight.

Where can I watch the first season? Is it on Netflix?

With Kurt stepping down I’m hoping it’s because he’s going to do The First Nine prequel.

Best episode of the season so far. A lot of stuff went down in expected and unexpected was. This season has been awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"