Me dancing like Michael Jackson to JAM-help me be MJ imperson-sign my petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

auditor

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi there. It has been my goal for the last few years to become a Michael Jackson impersonator and do this for a living, but I need your help! I have worked really hard on this. I have my own ideas for how to perform several of MJ’s songs and routines. I filmed 7 of what I call audition videos. I’m going to post each of these videos on the net about a week or so apart, each including a link to a petition. The petition is only to get a talent agency to pick me up and put back up dancers behind me. I can’t possibly do this without your help. Please watch my videos, share my videos on Facebook, and sign my petition.

And call me "The Gloved One"

Here is the petition to help my dream come true.
http://www.yousign.org/en/makeGlovedOnefamous

Here is a video of me rehearsing Jam. Please read the description below the video to explain what is supposed to be happening with the back up dancers behind me. This helps the viewer imagine the routine I want to create.

https://youtu.be/f3C0ZB9O5fk

Last edited by a moderator:
STORY OF MY JOURNEY

It is my goal to become a successful Michael Jackson impersonator. I need your help, but first let me describe the journey. Let me start at the beginning.
I first learned to dance like MJ when I was a small child. I would dance at recess and the whole school would gather around me and watch. I even won the talent competition for my elementary school, Stocker Elementary.
When the allegations surfaced I got picked on pretty bad. I quit dancing like MJ. I quit listening to him altogether. When I was 20 years old, MJ released his Invincible album. I started dancing all over again!
basicsmile.gif

I didn’t take my abilities seriously back then. I would just freestyle for fun. I wasn’t working to improve my abilities. Years later I attended college for a very short while. While at UW Parkside, I won first place in their talent competition dancing like MJ.
2 years later Michael Jackson died. A few months after I took my impersonation to Wisconsin’s Got Talent and tied for 5th and 6th place.
I came out of that with a goal. I had ideas for new ways to perform a lot of his songs, with new stories and surprises. I got to work. I began remixing the soundtracks to fit the routines I wanted to recreate. I worked hard to improve my abilities. I learned how to use make up and wigs to transform myself. I did a few shows at local taverns. People were impressed, but I wasn’t. Without back up dancers there just isn’t much you can do.
I developed a plan on how to make it, but family life and work schedules just kept getting in the way. I kept pushing my goal off. I would forget about it and come back to it, and then forget about it again. Years flew by as I watched my goal fade away like my previous goals. When I was younger I had studied TKD, and gave up on it, and regretted it. I didn’t finish college. I regretted it. I decided I wasn’t going to let the same thing happen with this. So I hunkered down and really got to work.
These last two years I have worked HARD! I busted my butt improving my abilities. First I spent a year figuring out all the parts of the routines I hadn’t yet figured out. I got the bugs out of my soundtracks. And I danced my butt off. One by one I figured out each every detail of the routines.
I spent the next 14 months dancing 20 to 30 hours a week! Yes I did this on top of working 40 hours a week at my job, and managing my family responsibilities. It was brutal. A lot of times I was in agony. My back would hurt and my feet would hurt. I was exhausted. It was a 100 degrees outside. And the only place I could rehearse was outside in my driveway. I usually had to face the sun, because of the direction where the camera would be placed. I made a lot of sacrifice for this. At times I wanted to do other things. Sometimes I was just tired or sore. But I knew I had to dance!
My wife sacrificed a lot for this as well. I couldn’t help as much with things, and I had no time for her. I will always appreciate that sacrifice she made to let me pursue this dream.
For 14 months, practicing over 20 hours a week, one by one I went through each of my routines starting with Beat it. First I would practice the routine for a month and then I would film it. I would observe the videos for days, analyzing all of my strengths and weaknesses. Then I would improve upon it and practice for another month. Then I would film it again. And then move onto the next routine. By doing this I have produced what I like to call my audition videos. I have 7 of them. I will post each of them a week or two apart, along with a short description under the video explaining what my crew would be doing around me during the routine. I know every detail of what my back up dancers would be doing.
Each video will include a link to an online petition to get a talent agency pick me up and put back up dancers behind me. Or else stick me on America’s Got Talent or something.
Please help me! I need your help. You can help first and foremost by signing the petition. But you can also help me by sharing my audition videos on Facebook, and encourage friends to sign my petition and share my video. PLEASE HELP ME! I want this so bad! I am willing to spend hours a day in a makeup chair. I’m willing to do a tour. I’m willing to rehearse night and day. I worked so hard on this. I’m in a position where I could create and direct an entire show. I poured over every detail of these set numbers I wanted to create.
PLEASE HELP ME GUYS! Anybody you know ask em to sign my petition please!

http://www.yousign.org/en/makeGlovedOnefamous

I am confused. You want me to sign a petition to make you famous?

If becoming famous was that easy everyone would have a petition. If you want to be famous then keep dedicating yourself like you are and do everything within your power to put yourself in a position to do gigs and gain exposure.

I am a DJ, I put out my mixes and do several other things to put myself out into the world for what I would like to be known for.

There are no shortcuts.

You cant petition an industry into making you famous. :funny: Talent agents dont give a flying squirrel **** about petitions.

The easiest way to get famous for nothing is to be pretty and make a sex tape.

Maybe you could try that?

I... Wha... Is...

I don't get it.

Did MJ need backup dancers, really? I mean they were there for the show, but who the **** watched them when he was on stage? Maybe you should first get people to watch you do that stuff and then maybe add backup dancers, if it's so important. Isn't the whole point of this to make YOU the famous one? This whole thing is rather ridiculous.

I am confused. You want me to sign a petition to make you famous?

If becoming famous was that easy everyone would have a petition. If you want to be famous then keep dedicating yourself like you are and do everything within your power to put yourself in a position to do gigs and gain exposure.

I am a DJ, I put out my mixes and do several other things to put myself out into the world for what I would like to be known for.

There are no shortcuts.
short cut? LoL I busted my aas for this plan. Longest 2 years of my life. This isn't a short cut. This is me putting myself out there.

The easiest way to get famous for nothing is to be pretty and make a sex tape.

Maybe you could try that?
famous for doing nothing? I'm not impersonating Paris Hilton here. I just want a crew and a stage.

Did MJ need backup dancers, really? I mean they were there for the show, but who the **** watched them when he was on stage? Maybe you should first get people to watch you do that stuff and then maybe add backup dancers, if it's so important. Isn't the whole point of this to make YOU the famous one? This whole thing is rather ridiculous.

Yes Mj needed bad up dancers, guitarists, back up vocalists etc. Don't understand your post.
Your plan sucks. This is essentially my audition. Don't give career advice. You suck at it.

Think smooth criminal. When Mj flips the guy over, how's that going to work without back up dancers? With the exception of Billie Jean all of his dance routines require back up dancers.

Last edited:
If people have a problem with what I'm doing, then you got plenty of other threads you can visit.

short cut? LoL I busted my aas for this plan. Longest 2 years of my life. This isn't a short cut. This is me putting myself out there.

2 years? That's cute, I've been DJing for over 14 years. Lost two different setups of gear, lost my old vinyl collection, and lost over 300 GB of music once I went digital.

Difference between me and you is I could give a f*** less about being famous. I DJ and mess with music out of pure love. If people like my stuff and want to pay me then cool, if not I still get to do what I love.

I commend you for putting yourself out there and working hard at your craft, not many are willing to put in effort these days. But as somebody else already mentioned, a petition isn't going to do jack nor is anyone going to care about it.

You need to find a crew of like-minded dancers who share your passion and work on putting out as many dope videos of your dance skills as possible. All it takes is one video to go viral and it can launch you into another category. Problem is there is no real recipe for what will go viral and what gets laughed at on Tosh.0

I wish you well on your journey good sir.

Well, this didn't take long to get ugly haha. I'm confused. There are probably hundreds and hundreds of MJ impersonators out there, so you will definitely need more than a petition to make it. What makes you different from all the others?

Also, the attitude you are showing in this thread is awful. I can stand for artists that don't work for originality in most cases, but asking for fame and a career without any humility while riding someone else's coattails just doesn't sound relevant.

I hope you achieve your dreams, but I'm not sure if this approach will ever work for you.

2 years? That's cute, I've been DJing for over 14 years. Lost two different setups of gear, lost my old vinyl collection, and lost over 300 GB of music once I went digital.

Difference between me and you is I could give a f*** less about being famous. I DJ and mess with music out of pure love. If people like my stuff and want to pay me then cool, if not I still get to do what I love.

I commend you for putting yourself out there and working hard at your craft, not many are willing to put in effort these days. But as somebody else already mentioned, a petition isn't going to do jack nor is anyone going to care about it.

You need to find a crew of like-minded dancers who share your passion and work on putting out as many dope videos of your dance skills as possible. All it takes is one video to go viral and it can launch you into another category. Problem is there is no real recipe for what will go viral and what gets laughed at on Tosh.0

I wish you well on your journey good sir.
Well to be honest I'm cnot going to be famous per say. Most people will never know my name. I have a vision for a show. And I want it to happen. I want to show it to the world, and this petition is to hell my videos go viral. I spent way way more than 2 years on it. I've been dancing for over 15 years. Just 2 years of it was every second I had. But no it's not cute and this isn't a short cut. It's very hard work.

Last edited:
Well, is didn't take long to get ugly haha. I'm confused. There are probably hundreds and hundreds of MJ impersonators out there, so you will definitely need more than a petition to make it. What makes you different from all the others?

Also, the attitude you are showing in this thread is awful. I can stand for artists that don't work for originality in most cases, but asking for fame and a career without any humility while riding someone else's coattails just doesn't sound relevant.

I hope you achieve your dreams, but I'm not sure if this approach will ever work for you.
what makes me different? Check back and watch the vids as they are uploaded. My attitude is great with hard work ethic. But I won't be polite to trolls.

If after watching my vids, if you like em, sign the petition.

Some of those who posted here had no reason to post at all. And a very similar approach worked for Mj impersonator Jeffery Perez. I have no reason not to do this. I planned this for two years and I'm doing it.

I knew people would give me a hard time. They did it to Jeffery too when he did it. He got the last laugh.

I was upset. I came here all excited to see responses and unlike the other places I put it, anytime someone looks here the first thing they will see is a ton of trolling. That's not what I was aiming for. I busted my ass. And now I'm promoting myself, which is how you guys came across it. And with no valid criticism of my video you guys just criticized the fact I'm doing it.

If a mod sees this any chance you would delete everything except the first two posts?

And I'll grow thicker skin.

or Maybe just delete the whole thread? I can just create a new thread in a few days when upload my next video.

I don't think anyone is trolling you. I just think no one really knows what to say. You're basically doing the same thing millions of people have done... Danced like MJ.

Well to be honest I'm cnot going to be famous per say. Most people will never know my name. I have a vision for a show. And I want it to happen. I want to show it to the world, and this petition is to hell my videos go viral. I spent way way more than 2 years on it. I've been dancing for over 15 years. Just 2 years of it was every second I had. But no it's not cute and this isn't a short cut. It's very hard work.

Look homie, nobody is trolling you. If anything I am trying to help you. A petition is not going to make your video go viral. You can't force a viral video, you just have to put out awesome stuff and the world will take it from there. What you need to understand is that trying to set off as the world's best MJ dance impersonator is a very niche market, it would be like me saying I am going to DJ but I am only going to spin ambient experimental noises that will never vary from 37 BPM.

Is there a chance that could be just the right ticket to make me a global superstar? There is a very slim chance it could but probably not. I def love that you have a passion for something and want to see it come to fruition but trying to force a video to go viral and have people sign a petition is just the wrong way to go about it. Find the people locally that share your passion of dance and join them. You can help each other achieve your dreams. Find a local theater that will allow you to rent some time so you can do your show and build it from there. Make as many videos as you can and do things like tweet celebs you respect to see if they will re-tweet your videos.

What I'm saying is the wider the net you cast the more likely you are to catch bigger fish. Don't ever give up and as long as you love what you do it will always shine through in what you put out into the world.

DJ Kid gave you some great advice. I would take it into consideration. Other than that, good luck and congrats on putting yourself out there.

You have some talent for sure! I don't like the business plan you are trying to develop through a petition though. Try auditioning until you get some more lucrative gigs and then you can have a background that warrants a talent agency to want you on roster.

DJ pretty much said it all.

The problem with becoming an impersonator is that there is an influx of those already. There are people out there who can copy every move flawlessly. What sets you apart from them? I would guess nothing, except that people from your area don't need to travel as much to see you.

DJ pretty much said it all.

The problem with becoming an impersonator is that there is an influx of those already. There are people out there who can copy every move flawlessly. What sets you apart from them? I would guess nothing, except that people from your area don't need to travel as much to see you.

what makes me different? Check back and watch the vids as they are uploaded. My attitude is great with hard work ethic.

I'm not trolling... but you need more than that.

After going through this thread it seems you have Michael's moves and Kanye's attitude.

I love Michael Jackson. Seen him perform live once. Seen his brothers perform. Seen his sister Janet perform. Went to the Jackson 5 home in Gary, Indiana a bunch of times. I'm a lifelong fan.

I've also seen a ton of tribute artists ranging from great to bad (not in a MJ way either).

Now I just seen your youtube videos and you have talent no doubt. You definitely have the MJ moves and feel down for sure.

But be aware the advice you're getting in this thread isn't "trolling". It's pretty dang solid advice. There are a ton of good people on this forum.

You're putting yourself out there (which is good) but when you do that you have to expect criticism. Especially when you post on a forum and say, "I've worked hard and I know I'm good so make me famous".

That's not how it works.

Nobody's going judge a Michael Jackson impersonator by how many signatures they have on the internet...they're going to judge you by your Michael Jackson impersonating.

I'm a production artist. And I got knocked down plenty before I got a foot in the door. I got a job by learning and growing to be the best artist I can be and then getting my art out there by doing conventions...galleries...freelance work etc. for years. I never got the various gigs and awesome jobs I have had by showing signatures on a petition. How does that say I'm a great artist? It doesn't but my work hopefully will. And I'll never be done learning.

So keep working. Show your moves. Film more. Post more on youtube. Do dancing tutorials. Recreate MJ's music videos. Be creative and fun with it. Post them on social media. Tweet other MJ impersonators and fan bases your moves. I just realized the past year or so what a great marketing tool something like Twitter can be. You can get exposure, feedback, even a following etc.

You have a great attitude and work ethic? Show us. Signatures don't mean much.

I would wish you luck but luck is for losers. Make it happen and don't give up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back