Sign the "Release Michael Jackon's Bad tour DVD" petition

Spider-Bite

Superhero
Reaction score
Hey guys. There is a petition on the internet trying to get Michael Jackson's 1988 Wembley Bad Tour released on DVD. yeah Michael is a eccentric freak, but we all know he's extremely talented, and I along with many others, and probably a few here would really enjoy watching that 2 hour performance.

It takes literally seconds to sign this petition, and it's free, and I figured that by posting the link here, maybe a couple of you could sign it.

Would you please be so kind as to sign this? I'm sure many of you would enjoy watching this, and even if you don't ever plan on renting or buying it, could you at least do it as a favor for me and some other people?

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/bad88ondvd

Thanks to all that sign it.

I won't buy it, let alone watch it, but if other people do, why not help 'em out?

I'm for anything that raises awareness of just how great Jackson was at his peak. I should join that site.

I hate to bump, but with so many people saying they like his music in the other thread, I'm hoping a few people will see this and sign it.

The Dangerous show that was produced for HBO was also off tha yar. I havent seen this.. yet.

I put on a sparkly glove and grabbed my crotch as i signed the petition.... although to be fair I do that most of the time I'm on the internet :o

The Dangerous show that was produced for HBO was also off tha yar. I havent seen this.. yet.

No that was from 1992. The Dangerous album didn't even come out untill 1991, and this is from 1988. I really want to see this too. ON Dangerous some of the songs were lypsynched, and on the ones that weren't his voice was off and on, because his tours are extremely demanding, with hundreds of concerts with two hour performances of very hard notes. It would have been very bad for his voice to sing that full force.

but for some reason during the Bad tour he just didn't care. He did em all full force without lypsynching, except the last few months. that's why I wanna see it so bad. I've seen horrible quality performances from it, and he just sings amazing on that tour.

If he lip-synced on stage for a paying audience he's more of a turd than I once thought. :down

If he lip-synced on stage for a paying audience he's more of a turd than I once thought. :down

If you watch the performance, you'd see why it's still a performance. He doesn't just go on stage and stand there with a microphone. It's a big theatrical production. It's like watching a musical play.

And plus you can't expect a guy to destroy his ability to sing forever. Kelly Clarksen made that mistake, and after a few months she had to get throat surgery. He had 2 hour performances, and with very demanding tour schedules, and his songs have very difficult vocal arrangments, and when he's on stage he's constantly dancing. Dancing for 2 hours is like trying to jog 10 milies an hour for 2 hours.

For the History tour he lypsynched the whole thing, except for the last few minutes of Billie Jean. If I was a paying customer that would bother me though. I'd completely understand for the other two tours though.

For his audiences his dancing is just as much of an attraction as his voice.

He should dance, and then grab the mic and sing, and then, during an instrumental part, dance again.
Example: His entrance and Moonwalk on Billie Jean.

Also, Robert Plant sang his brains out and Led Zeppelin would routinely play 3 hours shows all through their tours.
You've tarnished and *****fied MJ in my eyes. :(

Like, I can see Aerosmith having a pre-recorded accordion when they play live, 'cause, none of 'em play accordion.
But MJ is known for his singing. Lip-Syncing is so beneath him. :down

He should dance, and then grab the mic and sing, and then, during an instrumental part, dance again.
Example: His entrance and Moonwalk on Billie Jean.

Also, Robert Plant sang his brains out and Led Zeppelin would routinely play 3 hours shows all through their tours.
You've tarnished and *****fied MJ in my eyes. :(

Like, I can see Aerosmith having a pre-recorded accordion when they play live, 'cause, none of 'em play accordion.
But MJ is known for his singing. Lip-Syncing is so beneath him. :down

You also have to take into consideration that ever since the 90's he hasn't been able to breathe as good because of all of the plastic surgery on his nose.

Part of it though is I think Mj just doesn't want it sounding like crap. When musicians perform concerts they dont' sing full force, because their voice will go out on them. that's why even really good vocalists sound different live than on their album. Even when they are capable of sounding exactly like the album.

I'm not saying he should lyp synched as much as he did. I think he should have scheduled less damnding tour dates, not destroyed his nose, and went back and forth from going full force to singing half ass.

The only one I would complain about is the History Tour where he lypsynched the whole thing.

But it was still a performance. Here watch this, and you'll see why it's easy to forgive the lypsynching. The dancing makes up for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqDg1j4WREk

he wants his performances to be like watching a live music video, with super high quality choreography and sound.

In fairness, I do think it's a bit wrong of Michael to lip-synch. When you're at a live performance, you wnat to hear what you came for. Yes, we all know Michael can dance. But he can sing just as well. It's a big joke if all you're hearing is what you payed $ 200 to see live is what you payed $ 20 to hear on cd.

Regardless, Michael is awesome.

In fairness, I do think it's a bit wrong of Michael to lip-synch. When you're at a live performance, you wnat to hear what you came for. Yes, we all know Michael can dance. But he can sing just as well. It's a big joke if all you're hearing is what you payed $ 200 to see live is what you payed $ 20 to hear on cd.

Regardless, Michael is awesome.

Is? Nah...Michael was awesome.

I would watch it...

CAH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"