Mel Gibson Is The Director?

Well it was said that he's researching the comics, so I think it'll get a certain degree of the source material in there.
Good and accurate to the source material is a pleasant idea.

Is Margot Robbie going to be in Suicide Squad 2 though? The reason David Ayer isn't directing Suicide Squad 2 is because he will be busy directing
Gotham City Sirens. So as Robbie is the star of that movie, seems like she would also be too busy.

I hope so, without her it's really nothing to look forward to for me. She was the best thing in the film, it would be crazy if she wasn't involved at least in some capacity

Yeah, I don't think we'll see Robbie or Leto in SS2. It's gonna be more Deadshot + the rest IMHO. But Gibson is a great director so fingers crossed.

Is Margot Robbie going to be in Suicide Squad 2 though? The reason David Ayer isn't directing Suicide Squad 2 is because he will be busy directing
Gotham City Sirens. So as Robbie is the star of that movie, seems like she would also be too busy.

Going by the ending of the first movie, I doubt Harley Quinn will be in the Suicide Squad sequel.

I wonder what era will Gibson base the Squad sequel on. The monster hunters of the silver age, the political/sci-fi/fantasy aspect of the Ostrander series, and I haven't been reading much of new 52 to understand what that series is going for.

Going by the ending of the first movie, I doubt Harley Quinn will be in the Suicide Squad sequel

I disagree. She was easily the part of SS people liked the most, I'd be very surprised to not see her in the sequel. Part of the squad? Maybe not. I feel it's fairly likely that she will be the antagonist in the SS sequel, probably with the GCS depending on how that movie unfolds

lol

The actual vid of Mel talking about it, it shows him not really enthusiastic about it tho. I think WB wants him ,but he just seems happy being courted by studios again. That is how it seems to me.

Mel better not be honeydicking!

lol

The actual vid of Mel talking about it, it shows him not really enthusiastic about it tho. I think WB wants him ,but he just seems happy being courted by studios again. That is how it seems to me.

He's probably holding back a bit due to negotiations. You can bet your balls he has terms.

It's so funny how backwards all of these films have gone these past years. We've got Fantastic Four and Superman films described as "gritty and realistic", and we got a Suicide Squad film with Justice League level threat and the emotional stakes worthy of an Evanescence music video. It's all really messed up.

That's not the description I've heard of the FF movie. :woot:

As far as Gibson goes, they might as well try something different because not much else has worked.

rated R and with a genuine sense that people's heads could explode at any possible moment
or the mission itself is actually pretty suicidal.

rated R and with a genuine sense that people's heads could explode at any possible moment
or the mission itself is actually pretty suicidal.

so what you're saying is... they're some kind of.....

I wonder which characters will be back and which new ones we'll get in a sequel. I'm still holding out hope that we get El Diablo back! He's supernatural, he can't die!

ya I was hopeful until I see the actual interview video. unless he's represented by CAA and using a "negotiating tactic"

WB get that Fedez guy who lost out on the Bat

ya I was hopeful until I see the actual interview video. unless he's represented by CAA and using a "negotiating tactic"

WB get that Fedez guy who lost out on the Bat

or get the director of The Accountant, Gavin O'Connor.

Last edited:
Directing prowess or no, I feel like following up a film that was a critical s***show, and that many people feel iffy about whether or not it should even be getting a sequel, with a director that has arguably been too easily forgiven and accepted back into the mainstream after behavior that would certainly be the end of any filmmaker that isn't a white male.... it's just not a great idea. We don't need this to be taking hits from every single angle before a single frame is put to film. There are equally (if not more) talented filmmakers with tons less baggage.

Probably shouldn't suggest someone based on a movie I've only seen a trailer, but Free Fire looks good enough that I'd say they should give Ben Wheatley a shot.

Yeah, remember when Hacksaw Ridge was lambasted because Mel Gibson directed it... oh wait... it was an amazing movie and got major props from audiences, critics and the Oscars. I have my doubts that Gibson will actually commit to it, but if he does I will throw a parade because it's the best thing WB could do.

Or how about those guys who directed John Wick, and also directed a couple scenes in CACW.

I would love that, but I'm pretty sure they're busy with other things.

Yeah one's on Deadpool 2, and the other is on the Highlander reboot.

I hope WBs manages to convice Mel. His penchant for grit is perfect for this. And the characters have enough roguish charm and heart which is something he can work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"